First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just picked up my Badlands 4-Door, Manual, Area 51 Aug. 11. Planning a Road Trip from Los Angeles to Red Rocks Amphitheater in Denver and back. We have our Moab Off-Roadeo Experience booked for 9/22. We've never been to Moab or the surrounding areas. We are definitely open to suggestions as to where to go and what to see....also looking for campground recommendations. Open to do some exploring with other Broncos. Haven't done any mods or placed any accessories as of yet. But, just picked up a Yeti 65 Cooler and it fits perfectly in the back sitting sideways. Did order the folding table for the tailgate, rubber floor mats all around, and a sunshade. Just realized that we'll be a group of 4 and there are no rear cupholders. Anyone find a fix for that yet?

In any case, lots of awesome photos of the Badlands in beautiful scenery coming up in a few weeks.

Also, I drive the Los Angeles roads and freeways....all the chatter that I've seen regarding the stereo and outside noise with the soft top....doesn't seem to be a factor for me. The stereo sounds great...and the outside noise....well, I love the windows down and the feeling the wind. If I wanted a soundproof car, I'd have chosen something else entirely. My first car ever was a '78 Bronco Ranger XLT and that top was never on.

Loving this vehicle so far!

Ford Bronco Heading from L.A. to Red Rocks Amphitheater and Back - 9/18 thru 9/26 Bronco at Belmont Shores

Ford Bronco Heading from L.A. to Red Rocks Amphitheater and Back - 9/18 thru 9/26 Bronco at Ken Grody
Sponsored

Last edited:

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Bronco looks great! Congrats.

Enjoy Red Rocks. I saw a lot of shows there including Jimmy Page and Robert Plant about twenty years ago. If you're a hiker, head up Mount Morrison. It's a stiff climb with an awesome summit, and the trailhead's in the Red Rocks area.

Camping? My advice is to start looking right now (if not sooner). I just wrote a column about this: Campground FULL. One thing I should have added to the list is to check back often if your campground's full - people cancel. I got a Friday night spot in Rocky Mountain National Park earlier this year due to a cancelation. The other two weekends I'm camping there, which are this month, I had to book back in April.

Good luck, and happy trails!

OP
OP
First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco looks great! Congrats.

Enjoy Red Rocks. I saw a lot of shows there including Jimmy Page and Robert Plant about twenty years ago. If you're a hiker, head up Mount Morrison. It's a stiff climb with an awesome summit, and the trailhead's in the Red Rocks area.

Camping? My advice is to start looking right now (if not sooner). I just wrote a column about this: Campground FULL. One thing I should have added to the list is to check back often if your campground's full - people cancel. I got a Friday night spot in Rocky Mountain National Park earlier this year due to a cancelation. The other two weekends I'm camping there, which are this month, I had to book back in April.

Good luck, and happy trails!
Thank you for the tips. We've been checking campgrounds. Some say first come first serve...but I'm not super comfortable with that. I'll checkout your column today for sure.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! congrats. I'm also in LA. What dealership did you get yours from?

utbronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice Bronco!

If you have the time when you are driving from LA to Moab, take detour near St George and drive by Zion to Highway 89 to Highway 12. It will add about 3 hours to your drive vs going up the 15 to the 70 but its an awesome drive. Bryce Canyon is also there along the way.

If I remember right the Badlands has the Molle seatbacks. There are some options for cup holders that attach to Molle that I have looked at.

https://www.amazon.com/molle-water-bottle-holder/s?k=molle+water+bottle+holder

Sponsored
OP
OP
First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice! congrats. I'm also in LA. What dealership did you get yours from?
I had mine sent to Ken Grody, as I'd purchased a 150 from them back in '06...and a buddy of mine worked there for about 8 years. He went with me to pick it up to make sure they treated me right. They all did talk me into the SurfaceCARE spray on protection for both the in and outside of the vehicle. Seems to work as dirt / dust has not stuck to it in a week now.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice Bronco!

If you have the time when you are driving from LA to Moab, take detour near St George and drive by Zion to Highway 89 to Highway 12. It will add about 3 hours to your drive vs going up the 15 to the 70 but its an awesome drive. Bryce Canyon is also there along the way.

If I remember right the Badlands has the Molle seatbacks. There are some options for cup holders that attach to Molle that I have looked at.

https://www.amazon.com/molle-water-bottle-holder/s?k=molle+water+bottle+holder
Speaking of I-70: Check CoTrip for road closures, especially at Glenwood Canyon. Lots of mudslides this year and that section has opened and closed several times.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had mine sent to Ken Grody, as I'd purchased a 150 from them back in '06...and a buddy of mine worked there for about 8 years. He went with me to pick it up to make sure they treated me right. They all did talk me into the SurfaceCARE spray on protection for both the in and outside of the vehicle. Seems to work as dirt / dust has not stuck to it in a week now.
Nice - I almost went with them but decided on Galpin as I've worked with them in the past. MY dealer is a super nice guy but I am much more knowledgable about the bronco process than he is, ha

OP
OP
First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Speaking of I-70: Check CoTrip for road closures, especially at Glenwood Canyon. Lots of mudslides this year and that section has opened and closed several times.
I'd like to take that route on the way back to L.A. It already seems like the 9 day road trip isn't nearly enough. I'll look out for those road closures as well. Thanks for that tip!

Reactions: sjp

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I used to live 5 minutes from Red Rocks, miss going to shows there. Hit up Woody's pizza in downtown Golden, yes you want the all you can eat yes there's going to be a wait. D'Deli is awesome for sandwhiches. The Morrison Inn is staple but the food was up/down before I left about 8 years ago, but margs and mini chile rellenos are always good.

Skip the campgrounds man. I would take US285 south of Morrison and get into the Pike National Forest (dispersed camping unless otherwise noted). You could even go further past Bailey and Grant and you'll be close to Red Cone and Webster passes, do Red Cone man you'll see Colorado from a perspective that will last you a life time of
Ford Bronco Heading from L.A. to Red Rocks Amphitheater and Back - 9/18 thru 9/26 IMG_3898.JPG
memories. You can also do Guanella pass and make a 285_I-70 loop, side trip up to Waldorf mine and Argentine pass for up close views of Grays & Torreys (14ers).
Ford Bronco Heading from L.A. to Red Rocks Amphitheater and Back - 9/18 thru 9/26 129-2990_STN.JPG
PM me if you want specifics, got all my old waypoints and tracks in any gps format you use.

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, like the guy said above, keep your eye on I-70 closure after you get into CO. Alternate route tacks on another 3-4 hours.

Ironiguana

Black Diamond
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just picked up my Badlands 4-Door, Manual, Area 51 Aug. 11. Planning a Road Trip from Los Angeles to Red Rocks Amphitheater in Denver and back. We have our Moab Off-Roadeo Experience booked for 9/22. We've never been to Moab or the surrounding areas. We are definitely open to suggestions as to where to go and what to see....also looking for campground recommendations. Open to do some exploring with other Broncos. Haven't done any mods or placed any accessories as of yet. But, just picked up a Yeti 65 Cooler and it fits perfectly in the back sitting sideways. Did order the folding table for the tailgate, rubber floor mats all around, and a sunshade. Just realized that we'll be a group of 4 and there are no rear cupholders. Anyone find a fix for that yet?

In any case, lots of awesome photos of the Badlands in beautiful scenery coming up in a few weeks.

Also, I drive the Los Angeles roads and freeways....all the chatter that I've seen regarding the stereo and outside noise with the soft top....doesn't seem to be a factor for me. The stereo sounds great...and the outside noise....well, I love the windows down and the feeling the wind. If I wanted a soundproof car, I'd have chosen something else entirely. My first car ever was a '78 Bronco Ranger XLT and that top was never on.

Loving this vehicle so far!

Ford Bronco Heading from L.A. to Red Rocks Amphitheater and Back - 9/18 thru 9/26 129-2990_STN.JPG

Check out Chief Hosa campground. About a 15 min drive to red rocks.
Sponsored