Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very happy for all of you FE place holders. Paying that kinda coin and still not getting it must be brutal.

That being said, I’ve got an October reservation date with a March order date on an OBX, 4A, 2.7, lux, tow, soft top. Anyone have any realistic idea when I can expect this? I’m thinking spring 2022.
@Aviboy97 I like you my brother, you're a glass half full kind of guy. Me, my glass is half empty. With the same res/order month as you I was thinking late Summer, early Fall. But, let's go with your thought. I'd be happy to drive out, and pick mine up in the Spring. :)

BTW, mines an OBX more door, MIC top, Lux 2.7L, so we're close there also. (y)

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm in the same boat. Current status is "In Production" 08/11/2021 but no update or check on that box in the vehicle tracker.
Mine never even switched over to "in production." Just completely in limbo.

gwiacek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford flex awd ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
what i dont get is ford has to make 7000 first editions before xmas and changeover to MY22. How many have they made to date? and how many sitting in storage?

Yet they dont have a replacement roof yet, and promised everyone that the oldest broncos sitting in storage would get roofs first. They cant keep making new First editions with hard tops coming off the line and fix bad roofs on storage lot broncos also. Webasto cant keep up now, and they said Webasto wont have a second plant till maybe spring.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
what i dont get is ford has to make 7000 first editions before xmas and changeover to MY22. How many have they made to date? and how many sitting in storage?

Yet they dont have a replacement roof yet, and promised everyone that the oldest broncos sitting in storage would get roofs first. They cant keep making new First editions with hard tops coming off the line and fix bad roofs on storage lot broncos also. Webasto cant keep up now, and they said Webasto wont have a second plant till maybe spring.
It’s 4500 or less first editions from what I gathered.

Sponsored

bogshotrods

Badlands
First Name
Danny Bogner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will these new FE Broncos have the replacement MIC tops or go straight to Dirt Mountain

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Changeover is reportedly first week in December. Assuming they have the parts that’s quite easy even if they don’t start until early November or even later. There aren’t that many First Editions to make.

SasquatchBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your mom
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Overnight we had 23 First editions that were put on pause right before the hard top news get scheduled.

Current production schedule shows Mid-October for a production date.

We also had the transport fairy drop off a couple gifts overnight.

Questions & Answers:

They are all scheduled this morning.

I'm not sure on the exact number of soft top orders in the system. We have remaining unscheduled allocation of less than 100 Broncos and all of those can be filled with soft tops orders that are in our system. We probably have around 30-40 already scheduled with VINs.

We have 45 total FEs. 1 is delivered. 33 are produced or got pulled this morning for scheduling and we have 11 left to schedule.

Correct.

Just FEs this morning

PXL_20210824_112744086.jpg
PXL_20210824_112738485.jpg
PXL_20210824_112731192.jpg
PXL_20210824_112754700.jpg
PXL_20210824_112715578.jpg
Haha, look at all those "Bronco Wave" soft top windows...haven't seen one without the "Wave" yet.

Last edited:

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very happy for all of you FE place holders. Paying that kinda coin and still not getting it must be brutal.

That being said, I’ve got an October reservation date with a March order date on an OBX, 4A, 2.7, lux, tow, soft top. Anyone have any realistic idea when I can expect this? I’m thinking spring 2022.
I like those odds with an October res.

Garrett301

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2021 Bronco Sport, 2017 Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It was 8/9, the same week the mic news dropped. No indicators it was built though, which assuming it's not I'm thankful as I don't want a dirt mountain reject
I'm in the exact same situation of the 8/9 build week, then nothing else heard...no window sticker and no notification of being moved to a new week. My dealer has checked the status on their system and it has not changed since that week either. I agree with you in that I'm also hoping it is not built yet because if it is then it would be at DM until October and the MIC 2.0s are ready (hopefully). If it isn't built then only thing that makes sense to me is that they fit the 8/9 week FE builds into possible open slots in Sep/Oct. The question is if they will ever tell us that...?

Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Zach@Granger could you elaborate what “submitted to plant” would be? My dealer sent me an email with this as the status. Have not seen that mentioned before. I don’t have any emails from Ford yet on my FE.

Happy to see you’re getting some movement!

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger could you elaborate what “submitted to plant” would be? My dealer sent me an email with this as the status. Have not seen that mentioned before. I don’t have any emails from Ford yet on my FE.

That means they're getting ready to produce it. The wheels are in motion.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That means they're getting ready to produce it. The wheels are in motion.
Thanks! Also, really appreciate all your insight over the course of this unusual experience!

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Their plan is more optimistic than what you said.
They have a working design for the mic2.0 and webasto will be making a lot of them by the end of september.
Ford can easily make 300 trucks in a day once the tops are cranking out, so the FE's should be done after a few weeks.

AshleyG

First Edition
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

This is popping up on Raptor orders as well
Sponsored