Sponsored

Ford Front Modular bumper vs aftermarket bumper?

kkurni

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does Ford front modular bumper worth it?

I think I will have more options after market.

I have Lux package which includes all the parking sensors in the bumper?
Can I move it easily when I replace it with aftermarket bumper later?
Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does Ford front modular bumper worth it?

I think I will have more options after market.

I have Lux package which includes all the parking sensors in the bumper?
Can I move it easily when I replace it with aftermarket bumper later?
While i ordered my vehicle with the stock bumper thinking as you do, as well as the missing fog lights, i do wonder. I think that $825 (?) For that bumper, which includes the front skid plate, is a great value compared to the aftermarket pricing so far, plus installation with various sensors. I just dont need it, and dont like the missing lights and the tubular look.

HOWEVER, if i were ordering now for 2022, I would be a definate buyer of the "capable" bumper with skid plate: Looks, lights, skid plate. I dont need removable end caps that the modular has.

Springs: keep in mind that vehicles with factory metal bumpers are built with heavier springs to cover the additional weight. We probably won't bother if we do an aftermarket bumper upgrade, but these little details factor in.

Mzekew

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Springs: keep in mind that vehicles with factory metal bumpers are built with heavier springs to cover the additional weight. We probably won't bother if we do an aftermarket bumper upgrade, but these little details factor in.
Is this confirmed as fact? I wondered how the heavier steel bumpers would alter factory rake. If Ford does use stiffer springs for factory installed upgraded bumpers, it is a real advantage in adding it to your build from the start… unless you’re also planning on a massive suspension overhaul right out of the gate.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is this confirmed as fact? I wondered how the heavier steel bumpers would alter factory rake. If Ford does use stiffer springs for factory installed upgraded bumpers, it is a real advantage in adding it to your build from the start… unless you’re also planning on a massive suspension overhaul right out of the gate.
Yes, there is a suspension parts list on the forum listing the part numbers for various trims.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Frankie945

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wait for more aftermarket stuff to come out in the next 12 months. Going to be way better looking mods.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The adaptive cruise sensor is going to be the biggest hurdle with an aftermarket bumper on Lux IMO.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes, there is a suspension parts list on the forum listing the part numbers for various trims.
@North7 has that info, I believe
Here is the thread:
The Definitive Guide to 2021+ Bronco Ride & Lift Heights with Wheel & Tire Sizes

OP
OP

kkurni

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The adaptive cruise sensor is going to be the biggest hurdle with an aftermarket bumper on Lux IMO.
How do we normally transfer this sensor to new bumper?
Is this wired cable? Will the aftermarket bumper need to be designed specifically for this?

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do we normally transfer this sensor to new bumper?
Is this wired cable? Will the aftermarket bumper need to be designed specifically for this?
The sensor is mounted to the vehicle, not the bumper. But for example this Warn bumper will block the sensor. I don't anticipate vendors designing around this feature for early designs. Hopefully it will come eventually.

Ford Bronco Ford Front Modular bumper vs aftermarket bumper? 1629910653105

Sponsored

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wait for more aftermarket stuff to come out in the next 12 months. Going to be way better looking mods.
Thats the truth. PLENTY MORE designs will come out. All the after market fabricators will want a piece of the Bronco pie. So just sit tight. No rush. My 2 cents.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah, I haven't seen an aftermarket bumper yet that I really like. They are too busy looking. I prefer simple lines, and I don't need all the lights. I wheel and drive plenty at night without all those extra lights, and modern headlights are pretty good. I just have to put up with all those Jeeps behind me with big assed lights on making it harder to see when they are in a line of Jeeps and can easily see everything without them. But, oh well, folks love a bunch of lights.

I was hoping to find a cool, good looking bumper, but so far I'll likely stick with the mod bumper.
Sponsored