Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fairly common dash face removal with all the 7mm and intermittent torx here and there.
I don't know what I expected, really with the pass. airbag. I had ideas of painting that dash face white (like the coveted concept). Now pondering how the prep/painting will affect the airbag deployment, should it ever need to. And the bigger "what ifs" are the legal/insurance ramifications of an "altered" airbag cover...I'm sure there's more than a comfortable amount of trouble one could find themselves in, potentially, by painting that piece.
Sponsored

Reactions: RLW

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Adding usb power ports doesn't look to difficult.
This is what I'm after. I want to swap that entire piece to gain the dash trim that has the molded USB port and center speaker mount.

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Fairly common dash face removal with all the 7mm and intermittent torx here and there.
I don't know what I expected, really with the pass. airbag. I had ideas of painting that dash face white (like the coveted concept). Now pondering how the prep/painting will affect the airbag deployment, should it ever need to. And the bigger "what ifs" are the legal/insurance ramifications of an "altered" airbag cover...I'm sure there's more than a comfortable amount of trouble one could find themselves in, potentially, by painting that piece.
Which is why I'm considering the OBX one, but it all depends on what model I end up going with. I wanted to know how it came apart because of the option to recolor the dash parts above and below the center portion.

It's as easy as I was hoping it would be, so any uncertainties about a recolor have been removed, for me.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well, certainly interesting and all that stuff seems very well put together, which is nice to see. But no chance I'd ever take all that apart, I'd end up with a couple extra screws and at least one mystery part, LOL. I can't stand fiddly work like this. If the B&O is really not enough for me (doubtful) I'm gonna leave this to an installer for upgrades.

But loved watching the process, very interesting. Just next time, maybe use a camera with stabilization or at least wait for it to focus... ;-)

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For all who want to get rid of that "cheap plasticky" feel of the the top dash piece (and the coordinating side and under trim pieces) you now can see that is is REALLY easy to remove them and potentially cover them in a thin rubberized (or other) surface material. It was a lot more work to remove the dash assemblies on some of my previous cars, I can assure you.

If you are not comfortable wrapping a material on this yourself, I am sure you can find a good interior shop to do all the work (or just take the parts to them) and have them wrap it in your choice of material.

Sponsored

west

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 T-Bird, 71 LTD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good plan, the first thing I'm doing is dumping the lousy Ford engine and putting in a Chevy one :ROFLMAO:

Changman927

Big Bend
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
DI
So the way the screen is attached it appears you could switch the smaller screen out for the bigger one? I'm sure there are some sort of issues and it's not just plug and play. But that would be a nice option if you could do that.
DIY Lux package

Sponsored

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks! Is the spot I circled in red where those connectors were plugged in?
Hey there I have attached the directions on how to get to this point of the disassembly, and this is all you will need to do to access the factory wires as shown. They will be wrapped in the black cloth tape initially though.

BluBronco

First Edition
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'76 Bronco, '86 Bronco, '08 R6, '21 FE Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
holy shit looks like I will just swap out the speakers and see how the bass is stock

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And the bigger "what ifs" are the legal/insurance ramifications of an "altered" airbag cover...I'm sure there's more than a comfortable amount of trouble one could find themselves in, potentially, by painting that piece.
What isn't shown in this video is if the front cover can be separated from the air bag components. I really don't see an issue with painting. I don't believe any amount of paint is going to prevent the violent eruption of the bag deployment. My biggest question would be is there a clear cut line around the perimeter where you can stop/start your body color (my choice) or white (your choice)

footsteps

First Edition
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee XJ, Defender 90
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

That's the good ish there. Still didn't make it to a bare firewall though.

Knowing Ford, in about 5-10 years we'll need to get familiar with finding and fixing blend door actuators.
sorry, what is a blend door actuator?
Sponsored