Sponsored

Difficulty of changing dealerships for MY22?

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello all,

With the announcement of all unscheduled hard tops being pushed to MY22, I'm officially out of the running for an MY21 (don't want to change to a soft top and have to wait until 2023 for the chance to pay more for a hard top).

Thing is, I'll be moving out of state at the end of the year. I was hoping I'd sneak into MY21 to avoid any issues, but since that isn't happening, I'll need to change dealerships when I resubmit my MY22 order.

I know that people who changed dealerships in the past were told by Ford to create a new reservation with the new dealership, then Ford would link them somehow to keep your original timestamp. However, with Ford shutting down the reservation process for the time being, will this possibly make changing dealerships a lot more difficult?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Check if your dealer is owned by a larger group, and if so
 see if they have any dealers in the state you are moving to. For example, there is a dealer in my area (Tasca Ford) that that is owned by a larger group (Tasca Automotive) that has dealers in Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Florida. If you’re lucky, they’ll have a dealership in your new state or a nearby state, and they can handle the transfer internally and it’ll be seamless for you.

If that fails, call a dealership in your new state and see what options there are. Honestly, I’m not sure what changing dealerships looks like nowadays—especially now that reservations are closed. If they can’t transfer your reservation
 dealers do trade vehicles back and forth to fulfill customer needs, but given the shortages recently dealers are often super protective of their orders.

Worse comes to worse
 road trip to your current dealer when your Bronco comes in.

OP
OP
dominicenoa

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

see if they have any dealers in the state you are moving to. For example, there is a dealer in my area (Tasca Ford) that that is owned by a larger group (Tasca Automotive) that has dealers in Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Florida. If you’re lucky, they’ll have a dealership in your new state or a nearby state, and they can handle the transfer internally and it’ll be seamless for you.

If that fails, call a dealership in your new state and see what options there are. Honestly, I’m not sure what changing dealerships looks like nowadays—especially now that reservations are closed. If they can’t transfer your reservation
 dealers do trade vehicles back and forth to fulfill customer needs, but given the shortages recently dealers are often super protective of their orders.

Worse comes to worse
Yeah, a road trip is always on the table, but might be a little rough with the break in period :LOL:

I don't think they're owned by a larger group, but I'll definitely check. Thanks!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Um, that's a good question Dominic. I think Ford has stopped the option to move dealers, and they have stopped the reservation process also. Maybe call the Ford hotline, and ask that question. The may have someway to take care of the situation. Good luck.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, a road trip is always on the table, but might be a little rough with the break in period :LOL:

I don't think they're owned by a larger group, but I'll definitely check. Thanks!
If you do talk to a dealer
 I would definitely talk to a new dealer before talking to your old dealer. Usually dealers are much more excited to be gaining a customer than losing a customer. ;)

Sponsored

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Worse comes to worse
If that’s your dealership I hope you had a better experience with them than I did. My salesman was completely disinterested, other ones had a huge shouting match on the showroom floor, since then I’ve been told I can’t change my order and ghosted twice. Luckily I’m a new reservation so had no problem ordering elsewhere

OP
OP
dominicenoa

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Um, that's a good question Dominic. I think Ford has stopped the option to move dealers, and they have stopped the reservation process also. Maybe call the Ford hotline, and ask that question. The may have someway to take care of the situation. Good luck.
Yeah, I'm hoping they could work something out. I'm a 7/14 AM reservation, and in no world should anybody expect to be waiting nearly two years for a vehicle. That leaves a lot of time for life changes and hopefully they can work with me seeing as this is happening through no fault of my own.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, I'm hoping they could work something out. I'm a 7/14 AM reservation, and in no world should anybody expect to be waiting nearly two years for a vehicle. That leaves a lot of time for life changes and hopefully they can work with me seeing as this is happening through no fault of my own.
I agree. You've made the winning argument right there. I just hope Ford agrees. No one in their right mind would want to give up a 7/14 reservation after waiting this long already.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

call Ford. They must have some plan for this kind of case. They can't really expect someone to take delivery on the East Coast after they moved to the West Coast, not reasonable IMO. See what they say, e-mail or tweet at some of the higher ups if the hotline can't help. Good luck!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If that’s your dealership I hope you had a better experience with them than I did. My salesman was completely disinterested, other ones had a huge shouting match on the showroom floor, since then I’ve been told I can’t change my order and ghosted twice. Luckily I’m a new reservation so had no problem ordering elsewhere
It’s not. They just happen to be the first Ford dealer I could think of that has locations in multiple states.

My dealer is <blank> Ford. Sales team is solid, competent, no BS, and they‘ve been very responsive when it comes to the Bronco ordering process. Their service department is okay, not overly blown away though—probably average as far as dealer service departments go.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the answer is that we can no longer change dealerships? Damn.

I became fed up with my dealer just this week, and threatened to call Ford and undo the reservation-to-order conversion they performed without my consent. Surely this is still doable...

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the answer is that we can no longer change dealerships? Damn.

I became fed up with my dealer just this week, and threatened to call Ford and undo the reservation-to-order conversion they performed without my consent. Surely this is still doable...
On the Ford Bronco web page it states dealership reservation swaps cant be made at this time due to the reservation shut down. Hopefully this means once the reservation list opens back up dealership changes can be once again made. I hope this swap stoppage is strictly do to the site shut down and not Ford finding a way to prevent frustrated reservationists from seeking satisfaction.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Common sense dictates that you need a mechanism to let people switch dealers, if delivery will happen at an indeterminate time that could be years in the future.

But it wouldn't be the first time common sense clashes with the reality of the dealership model.
Sponsored