Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello everyone,

My name is Kyle and I am a Ford Senior Master Tech and have been with Ford for over 15 years. I am here to answer any of your questions to the best of my knowledge. Hope to get to know and help some of the people on her so Ask away!!
Sponsored

mootruck98

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Kyle, great name!

So what is the deal with the break in period what are the real do's and don'ts?

- Kyle

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hello everyone,

My name is Kyle and I am a Ford Senior Master Tech and have been with Ford for over 15 years. I am here to answer any of your questions to the best of my knowledge. Hope to get to know and help some of the people on her so Ask away!!
Hey Kyle, welcome aboard and good luck.
I'll start off with a simple question, maybe you have the answer.

Tow hitch (Ford) installed after delivery. Will it be plug and play or will I be running wires all over the place?

And....

Signature lights and standard use same plugs? In other words, would I be able to install Signature lights on my Base Bronco?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello everyone,

Good luck. You’ve just opened up Pandora’s box of stupid, lame and useless questions from the forum. I’ll pray for you

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are you here as an official representative of Ford or just a helpful forum member. If the latter, you may mysteriously disappear! ;)

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has your bronco been delivered yet? If so what did you order?

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks Kyle. I will refrain from asking specific questions until such time as you have had the opportunity to actually get hands on experience. But great to have your expertise up in here!!!

Jason

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands & 2023 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello everyone,

Welcome!

Have you had a chance to poke around the Bronco much yet? If so, what would you look to do as a new owner from a mechanical perspective? There has been a lot of consternation on the forum over things like the drain plug, plastic oil pan, whether or not a catch can is needed ...

Given your knowledge, what would you look to do to your Bronco in the first 6 months to either address concerns or improve reliability? Or, would you just leave everything as it came from the factory?

Sponsored
OP
OP
AllFordTech

AllFordTech

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi there Kyle,

Which engine option would you recommend for the Bronco, the 2.3L or 2.7L? Is one more reliable than the other?
Both engines have been around for a few years and seem to pretty reliable compared to some other Ford engines. In my opinion, the 2.7 is the best option. It has proven to be very reliable and has great horsepower and torque numbers. I have yet to drive a Bronco with the 2.7, but I’m sure it is a blast!

OP
OP
AllFordTech

AllFordTech

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hi Kyle,

What do you think of tuning the Bronco with the 10r60 transmission?
Welcome!

Have you had a chance to poke around the Bronco much yet? If so, what would you look to do as a new owner from a mechanical perspective? There has been a lot of consternation on the forum over things like the drain plug, plastic oil pan, whether or not a catch can is needed ...

Given your knowledge, what would you look to do to your Bronco in the first 6 months to either address concerns or improve reliability? Or, would you just leave everything as it came from the factory?
Everyone is always worried about the plastic drain plugs and pans. To be honest, I have personally not seen any problems with them or have had any customers come in with broken ones. It saying maybe some skid plates may not be a bad idea, but the plastic is not as bad as it may seem.

What are your thoughts on catch can or best preventive upgrade we can do to prolong the life of the vechile?
Catch cans are always a good option for turbo charged vehicles. I do Super Charger installs on Mustangs and F150 and 9/10 times the customer ops for the catch can. It’s a nice little added insurance and definitely helps with prolonging engine wear and tear.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s up with the new FL-2062A? Equal to the old filter design and good enough by your standards or a downgrade?
Sponsored