Sponsored

That horrendous "sport" bar and b pillar on the 2 door.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
My lord this thread.... let’s get a few things clear here:

1. Anyone nitpicking minute design details like this, probably have no idea how hard it even is to put a roll cage in a production vehicle. The regulations you have to get it to pass are quite difficult, and you have to do it while preserving sight lines and interior space. And also not weighing too much.

2. I see a lot of big talk about how people are going to go crazy with V8 swaps, cutting roll cages out, solid axle swaps, etc as soon as they get their bronco.

All I’ll say about that is I’ll believe it when I see it. I think stuff like that sounds super cool and then all of a sudden the logistics become a nightmare with cutting up your brand new $50k truck. Down the road sure but anyone claiming they’re doing this stuff before they even drive their bronco.... alright. Make sure to make a build post. (I’ll also specify this; a solid axle will happen first because that will be the easiest, still is not going to be a common mod for a few years at least)
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On this forum I have seen folks refer to what is normally considered a roll bar as a "sports bar". The B pillar is the B pillar.

I don't have anything "worked up". I haven't gotten my hands on a vehicle yet to work something up. It may not even be work up able(with in reason).
So you mean the square shape of the roll bar where you can remove the roof in 2-4 panels? What's wrong with that? You don't like the look of the roof removed? They got safety regulations and what have you to deal with from the government.

When I said worked up, was referring to you being agitated. Why I said to mind your blood pressure and such.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hadn't seen the without plastic cladding pics.

To me the entire roll bar looks to big and the B pillars(and C pillars in the 4D) are HUGE. I prefer old school round tube.

If I could photo shop one I would.

I wonder how some old school type door inserts would look?

the "sport bar" is normally made from stamped steel that is why it looks different to you. the factory don't use chrome moly tubing.

don't let 'em bug 'ya @1977EB. they are 2 young to know what chrome moly is let along what true roll over protection is. :ROFLMAO:

don't get all wiggy people what he is talking about used to be done when you race your vehicle off road. most sanctioned races do not allow a "factory" bar, it must be made from chrome moly which means step one, remove the factory stuff. step two bend and weld in a stronger chrome moly tube roll bar. Just my 2 cents he is not a "nut job" i have seen it ALOT.

Fox body days I have seen tons of stangs get their interior ripped out to install a moly cage so the can be legal at the track. sounds crazy but it is done on a daily basis. god bless America !!!!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you take the windows out of your house too?
Alright guys, y'all cut it out.

The OP is an old timer and a good ol' boy and has been there and done that several times over, so we should all show some respect. This man has got some good land, a ton of trucks n such that I'd bet he wrenches himself and is likely a mechanic or welder, etc. He's down here in Athens which is kind of rural, but home to the Georgia Bulldogs.

Personally, I hope he's wearing a mask when he's out (doubt it), but I hope he does because I wouldn't mind wheeling with him one day next year and drank some beers (Creature Comforts, or just some High Life).

OP
OP
1977EB

1977EB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1961 Unimog 404, 1962 Unimog 404
Your Bronco Model
Base
My lord this thread.... let’s get a few things clear here:
Let me get a few things clear here: this is merely a conversation about an as yet to be released vehicle. I was hoping to have a discussion about the cage and B/C pillars. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I'm sure someone will take saw to the cage, bend up a new cage, drop in a 7.3 gasser and put some bigger tires and axles(including a SAS) right when they get their hands on a Bronco and I can't wait to see it.

Me, I'd be happy with a new cage on a sqauch. I do have several projects ahead of any such foolishness though.

Sponsored

Cookieck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS, Indian Chief Vintage, Yamaha Fz1, Honda Shadow, etc
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Think he’s just adding gasoline to the dumpster fire.
Not trying to add any fuel, was genuine. I don’t care either way, roll bar looks fine to me. But think maybe I’ll hold up posting for the rest of the week til I’m back home. Can’t even keep up with post rate, time page loads already 3-4 more posts.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the "sport bar" is normally made from stamped steel that is why it looks different to you. the factory don't use chrome moly tubing.

don't let 'em bug 'ya @1977EB. they are 2 young to know what chrome moly is let along what true roll over protection is. :ROFLMAO:

don't get all wiggy people what he is talking about used to be done when you race your vehicle off road. most sanctioned races do not allow a "factory" bar, it must be made from chrome moly which means step one, remove the factory stuff. step two bend and weld in a stronger chrome moly tube roll bar. Just my 2 cents he is not a "nut job" i have seen it ALOT.

Fox body days I have seen tons of stangs get their interior ripped out to install a moly cage so the can be legal at the track. sounds crazy but it is done on a daily basis. god bless America !!!!
That's right! Hell, I like Pops 1977EB. It's guys like him why most of us are here. Listening to (learning from) guys like him are what make me want a Bronco in the first place.

When I was a kid, used to always think big gruff guys like that were cool, because they were. Hard calloused hands, always oil on their clothes, could fix anything, seemed like do anything and could mod a truck to no end.

Much respect to him and all of the old gear heads who inspired all of us.

OP
OP
1977EB

1977EB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1961 Unimog 404, 1962 Unimog 404
Your Bronco Model
Base
Somebody photoshop a new Bronco with no roll cage and a new Bronco with a tube cage, if you are bored.

It would be interesting to see.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me get a few things clear here: this is merely a conversation about an as yet to be released vehicle. I was hoping to have a discussion about the cage and B/C pillars. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I'm sure someone will take saw to the cage, bend up a new cage, drop in a 7.3 gasser and put some bigger tires and axles(including a SAS) right when they get their hands on a Bronco and I can't wait to see it.

Me, I'd be happy with a new cage on a sqauch. I do have several projects ahead of any such foolishness though.
Roger that.

Some advice with starting a thread (and making your first impression)... you came in pretty hot with both the thread title and the editorializing before and after your (very legitimate) question.

The forum members took it as an opportunity to give it back to you... and we see where it went from there.

Also, blaming “millenials” is pretty low, especially considering they’re 40 year olds now.

broncoenthusiast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Indeed.

Please see the vehicles list that I currently own. Windows are not an issue.

My CJ8 has no windows and has never had doors or the 1/2 hard top on it since I've owned it(10 years). My Mogs have no windows. When I retso my K5 the tailgate and door windows will be eliminated. My Bronco will not have windows when restored.

I'm not down with windows(my '66 GT350R clone had no windows, my Kirkham Cobra had no windows and my '68 RS/SS convertible never had the top up or the windows up in the 10 years that I owned it).
I'm gonna step on a limb and say that you are probably the only bronco buyer that doesnt care about having windows or not :sneaky:
Sponsored