Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless you want green or rusty red, you can talk to your dealer and change your color right now
Thanks I am calling tomorrow.
Lou
Sponsored

CoachTee

Wildtrak
First Name
Teresa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How about allowing us 4 door WildTrak's change to a soft top come September 13th?
One can dream a little...

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
um i thought my22 banks were going to open sep 13th? updated build and price was supposed to be earlier this month too
... and they are going to be open 24hrs, but not in a row!

Free Pizza

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, the 65 Mustang, 66 Bronco, 53 Corvette, 53 F100, 64 Chevelle, 64 GTO, 67 Camaro, 70 Challenger, 62 Cobra, all TERIBLE! Yuk!
Yes. That's why they had the 1964 mustang. As well as the 1964 1/2 mustang. To clear up issues for the 65 mustang. The 1953 corvette had water leaks and doors that would open up while driving. The first year Bronco was V6.. if you waited for the second year it was V8. I can keep going down the line. Out of a hundred thousand bronco orders. How many are sitting in driveways?

As my father said. Don't buy the first year. (AKA If you want it to work like it should. )

Funksurfsoul

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man I really wish they had the Mod top available.. even if i had the option to take a soft top now, with a late availability for the Mod top later I’d be all over it.

Sponsored

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Yes. That's why they had the 1964 mustang. As well as the 1964 1/2 mustang. To clear up issues for the 65 mustang. The 1953 corvette had water leaks and doors that would open up while driving. The first year Bronco was V6.. if you waited for the second year it was V8. I can keep going down the line. Out of a hundred thousand bronco orders. How many are sitting in driveways?

As my father said. Don't buy the first year. (AKA If you want it to work like it should. )
Well there was no 64, 64.5 mustang, that's an enthusiast's term. There was no Ford V6 in 1966. And who cares about a water leak on a 53 Vette? Tbh, I've heard the "never buy a first year" all my life, including my dad and grandad, but as an enthusiast and sometime collector, it's always made me chuckle. I see your point but I think that's why you get the warranty and stay on top of them. Furthermore as with most new cars these days, the Bronco is mostly a mix of proven components. Those things like the MIC top suck, but it will be worked out.
I guess it depends on your need for the car. As a primary vehicle. You got a point. But as a toy, not really.

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

BroncoWave.jpg

Bwahahaha - every single soft top has the "BRONCO WAVE" in their side rear windows...looks so bad.

(Once you see it, it cannot be unseen)
I don’t even notice it while driving my Bronco. And in nearly 2 weeks of driving it, I still haven’t seen another one in the wild. So the window wave doesn’t bother me one bit.

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You had me at "free pizza"... :giggle:
I'm honestly not making fun of anyone. But when I was 8 years old my father said never buy the first year production model on any model. So did yall get the same memo I did or did or you just choose to ignore father's warning?

Edit.. I might just have to add this to all down side post.

CJW0314

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 Raptor / 13’ GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I may be misunderstanding some of the comments on this thread, but here is my situation.
-Reserved July 2020, first day reservations were offered.
-Dealer called in Q1 2021 telling me I could come in and place my order.
-At that time, I wanted a painted hard top, so I chose to push my reservation to MY22.
-Due to all the top issues, I decided I could deal with a MIC Top and scrap my desire for a factory painted top. I can’t wait until MY23, my current vehicle won’t last that long.
-I have checked in multiple time’s with the dealer since moving my order to MY22 about when I can place my order, they tell me they don’t have any idea…

Can I go in and get an order in the system now or do I have to wait until the order banks for MY22 officially open to do this?

Thanks in advance for the help!

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got a free hammock and a poster when I wanted an 2021 AMB 2door Bronco.
My dealer rep who has been a great guy tells me constantly, " well no one really knows" so people can go to the dealer for better info? WTF.
Anyone want a hammock and poster? I'll trade your for a 2Dr 2.7 SAS Bronco in AMB plus cash...

Sponsored

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The never buy first year doesn't always apply, especially not now. Auto manufacturers are going to have less parts availability next year not more.
Ford won't be ironing out any issues next year, they'll be focusing on building as many Broncos as they can.
I expect beyond the green/red color, not much will change.
Now if you want to wait a few years to see if the Bronco improves, then sure.

Lovecato

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Detroit News article by Jordyn Grzelewski on the restart of Bronco online reservations.
Ford pauses online reservations for the Bronco (detroitnews.com)

Ford pauses online reservations for the Bronco amid production delays

August 30, 2021

Ford Motor Co. has temporarily stopped taking online reservations for the Bronco amid high demand and production constraints that have slowed the rollout of the hotly-anticipated SUV.

Ford spokesman Said Deep on Monday confirmed that the Dearborn automaker recently sent a note to its dealers informing them that the company has "paused" its online reservation system for the full-size Bronco — but customers still can place orders directly through dealerships. The news first was reported by the Detroit Free Press.

2021 Ford Bronco holding lot MAP.jpg

Ford Broncos can be seen in a parking lot inside Ford's Michigan Assembly Plant, in Wayne, August 17, 2021

The halt in online reservations, according to Deep, is due in part to the website undergoing an update. He also acknowledged that an issue sourcing hard-top roofs for the vehicle is a factor. He said he expects the online system to potentially open back up in October, which is also when the automaker will open up orders for model year 2022 Broncos.

Shifting orders to dealerships could give customers additional information and visibility that the online system couldn't provide, Deep said. For example, a dealer would be able to alert a prospective customer if someone cancels an existing Bronco order, thus freeing up a model that's already been built. Dealers might also have insight into how customers can configure their Bronco order to potentially expedite production, as only certain configurations are affected by the production constraints.

Earlier this month, Ford announced that, due to quality issues, it will replace hardtop roofs on all Broncos, including those that have already been delivered and those awaiting delivery. The move means delays for customers whose Broncos have been built but not delivered, and for some customers whose vehicles haven't yet been assembled.

Due to this and other delays earlier this year, as well as high demand, Ford has said that model year 2021 will be abbreviated and some builds delayed until 2022.

The company said it identified cosmetic issues with molded-in color hard-top roofs from supplier Webasto. Soft-top orders are not affected, and production on those models continues. The automaker has told customers that it expects to receive replacement hard-top roofs in October.

Ford executives have spoken in recent months about their goal of generating a larger share of new-vehicle sales via online order banks. The automaker has taken online reservations for several of its new products, including the Mustang Mach-E, the all-electric F-150 Lightning and the Maverick pickup.
I spoke with a Ford Bronco customer service rep yesterday via their 800 number. As I am in group 4 (no VIN number or production date) it was confirmed I would be in model year 2022. Somewhat disturbing is that the rep couldn’t confirm whether I would get the Bronco in first quarter 2022. She did say that those of us in a similar situation would get a more specific e-mail in mid to late Sept. 2021 with a better estimate when to expect production. Anyone else have similar information from Ford?

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm honestly not making fun of anyone. But when I was 8 years old my father said never buy the first year production model on any model. So did yall get the same memo I did or did or you just choose to ignore father's warning?

Edit.. I might just have to add this to all down side post.
back then the computers, prototyping, testing, materials, robotics, etc…. we’re different/nonexistent. Go ahead and not buy a MY2021

kkooch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus ES350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don’t even notice it while driving my Bronco. And in nearly 2 weeks of driving it, I still haven’t seen another one in the wild. So the window wave doesn’t bother me one bit.
- Well, it looks like crap! A harbor freight tarp over the whole vehicle. Sorry, but not spending $65K for a "tarp" cheap top that looks like hell.

BroncoNapped

Base
First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S10
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got a free hammock and a poster when I wanted an 2021 AMB 2door Bronco.
My dealer rep who has been a great guy tells me constantly, " well no one really knows" so people can go to the dealer for better info? WTF.
Anyone want a hammock and poster? I'll trade your for a 2Dr 2.7 SAS Bronco in AMB plus cash...
.... ok that all it takes, then I'm upping the ante with a stupid block crystal and a sticker...
Sponsored