First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone know if we HAVE already put in our order for 2021..... Will we have to put in a new order for 2022? I know reservation and timestamp will remain but should we get back in touch with our dealership to update or put in a new 2022 order?
Your dealership should be reaching out to you once the reservation process starts back up.
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Anyone know if we HAVE already put in our order for 2021..... Will we have to put in a new order for 2022? I know reservation and timestamp will remain but should we get back in touch with our dealership to update or put in a new 2022 order?
Unless you have one the handful of gold standard dealerships, I would just keep an eye on info released here, we can't do anything until the MY22 order banks open up and we have yet to see any guidance what exactly the process will be for converting MY21 orders as there has to be a link to an existing now dead order.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes. That's why they had the 1964 mustang. As well as the 1964 1/2 mustang. To clear up issues for the 65 mustang. The 1953 corvette had water leaks and doors that would open up while driving. The first year Bronco was V6.. if you waited for the second year it was V8. I can keep going down the line. Out of a hundred thousand bronco orders. How many are sitting in driveways?

As my father said. Don't buy the first year. (AKA If you want it to work like it should. )
10 is my guess

Sponsored

guest001

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I asked my dealer this very question this morning.

He always answers emails and is willing to talk if I'm there in person but.... he has no idea about this question.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly tho I like Ford's B&P SO MUCH better than Jeep's đź‘€ Jeep is like signing up for health insurance and their navigation leaves a lot to be desired
Try Land Rovers lol

Was building a Defender and it's terrible

Cmo

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You will have to put in a new order as far as I know

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why is Ford restarting the reservation BS? The vehicle has already been released. The customer can go online to a Ford dealership, or in person to a Ford dealership and order a Bronco. Or at least make the order with the dealer, and have dealer submit when MY22 order banks open.

Why still the double step? Does Ford want to start a new reservation queue for MY22, which then will need to be converted anyway to orders with a dealer when the MY22 banks open? What is Ford's game here with all these reservation schemes?

Sponsored

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Shifting orders to dealerships could give customers additional information and visibility that the online system couldn't provide, Deep said. For example, a dealer would be able to alert a prospective customer if someone cancels an existing Bronco order, thus freeing up a model that's already been built.
BS! Dealer will be, hey I have this car for you, $20k ADM, wanna take it instead of waiting?

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You're showing your age as I reminisce about the Doobie Brothers concert that I attended last week 🤣🤣🤣
Haha, I'm just a well informed 38 year old who was amused by the name "Said Deep" and has a love of Pink Floyd ;-)

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Answers in bold above. BTW your dealership sucks
So another main question now- can I change dealerships? If I keep my order at the current dealership I feel I will never get one.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So another main question now- can I change dealerships? If I keep my order at the current dealership I feel I will never get one.
Once your order is in, you are unable to change dealership

What did you order, if you don't mind sharing

LSBronco13

Wildtrak
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The Detroit News article by Jordyn Grzelewski on the restart of Bronco online reservations.
Ford pauses online reservations for the Bronco (detroitnews.com)

Ford pauses online reservations for the Bronco amid production delays

August 30, 2021

Ford Motor Co. has temporarily stopped taking online reservations for the Bronco amid high demand and production constraints that have slowed the rollout of the hotly-anticipated SUV.

Ford spokesman Said Deep on Monday confirmed that the Dearborn automaker recently sent a note to its dealers informing them that the company has "paused" its online reservation system for the full-size Bronco — but customers still can place orders directly through dealerships. The news first was reported by the Detroit Free Press.

2021 Ford Bronco holding lot MAP.jpg

Ford Broncos can be seen in a parking lot inside Ford's Michigan Assembly Plant, in Wayne, August 17, 2021

The halt in online reservations, according to Deep, is due in part to the website undergoing an update. He also acknowledged that an issue sourcing hard-top roofs for the vehicle is a factor. He said he expects the online system to potentially open back up in October, which is also when the automaker will open up orders for model year 2022 Broncos.

Shifting orders to dealerships could give customers additional information and visibility that the online system couldn't provide, Deep said. For example, a dealer would be able to alert a prospective customer if someone cancels an existing Bronco order, thus freeing up a model that's already been built. Dealers might also have insight into how customers can configure their Bronco order to potentially expedite production, as only certain configurations are affected by the production constraints.

Earlier this month, Ford announced that, due to quality issues, it will replace hardtop roofs on all Broncos, including those that have already been delivered and those awaiting delivery. The move means delays for customers whose Broncos have been built but not delivered, and for some customers whose vehicles haven't yet been assembled.

Due to this and other delays earlier this year, as well as high demand, Ford has said that model year 2021 will be abbreviated and some builds delayed until 2022.

The company said it identified cosmetic issues with molded-in color hard-top roofs from supplier Webasto. Soft-top orders are not affected, and production on those models continues. The automaker has told customers that it expects to receive replacement hard-top roofs in October.

Ford executives have spoken in recent months about their goal of generating a larger share of new-vehicle sales via online order banks. The automaker has taken online reservations for several of its new products, including the Mustang Mach-E, the all-electric F-150 Lightning and the Maverick pickup.
I got my Ford Hammock delivered last week before this article. The complimentary Ford Hammock will allow me the time to dream about my VIN number.
Sponsored