Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While it makes sense to build high margin builds I doubt that is the case here. The high end builds have the so called commodity constraints (sasquatch, 2.7, tow, lux etc.). Granger has said the best way to get a Bronco quickly is a soft top Big Bend. The reason you see high end models being built is this is what customers ordered, not Ford screwing folks ordering lower models. Gosh we live in a society of victims -- don't we?
Commodity constraints change regularly. They were listed as constraints 2 months ago, but are they still?
Sponsored

ATHIKER

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
Didn't Ford say no new production of hard tops until all delivered units and Dirt Mountain units had their tops replaced except for First Editions? How is it that Granger has (4) new 2 doors in the que?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Didn't Ford say no new production of hard tops until all delivered units and Dirt Mountain units had their tops replaced except for First Editions? How is it that Granger has (4) new 2 doors in the que?
Because Ford most likely made a mistake by still having Non FE MIC builds and 2-Doors show as previewing. Another blunder by Ford.

Ford has been campaigning to people to switch to soft tops and telling all 2-door order holders too bad so sad, you're getting a '22. Imagine if you switched to a soft top or switched from a 2-door to a 4-door softie just to get scheduled this year and they start scheduling builds they told you they couldn't build for MY 21.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In other words, my 7/23 soft top is basically S.O.L?
Sorry I'm late to this discussion but my 7/24 soft top is scheduled for week of 9/20 !!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just got a note from the factory that scheduling has been cancelled this week. Looks like next Thursday will be the next opportunity for scheduling. I'll update the first post.

wsdowns

Base
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Because Ford most likely made a mistake by still having Non FE MIC builds and 2-Doors show as previewing. Another blunder by Ford.

Ford has been campaigning to people to switch to soft tops and telling all 2-door order holders too bad so sad, you're getting a '22. Imagine if you switched to a soft top or switched from a 2-door to a 4-door softie just to get scheduled this year and they start scheduling builds they told you they couldn't build for MY 21.
I am not buying that MICS are going to schedule in any great numbers this week (technically, for the 3 weeks in October). For one, Ford Authority reports "As a result, Ford will replace every MIC top that’s been produced so far, and has pushed all unscheduled Bronco orders to the 2022 model year." Second, even if Webasto gets the new tooling ready by the end of September, there will still be a lot of questions and detailed quality checks to make sure they are right. Third, there are thousands of already produced Broncos waiting on a MIC top replacement and I continue to see regular posts about already scheduled MIC Broncos getting pushed (over and over again). Something is amiss with the MIC previews. Seems to me that the only Bronco that should be getting a MIC is an FE. Let's see tomorrow what the mix is on the scheduling e-mails.

Update: Since scheduling was cancelled this week, something had to have been out of whack...

Last edited:

Balthezor

Badlands
First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got a note from the factory that scheduling has been cancelled this week. Looks like next Thursday will be the next opportunity for scheduling. I'll update the first post.
Knew it was a fluke. It's like thinking you won the Power ball but you only matched 1 ball.

Sponsored

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yes, if you have a Mic top and have not been assigned a Vin you will be a 22.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry I'm late to this discussion but my 7/24 soft top is scheduled for week of 9/20 !!
What was your build? And do you know your place at your dealers allocation?

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you by chance know if cancellation was partially due to the hard top previewing? If not no worries, just fishing for any info..

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Take everything Ford says with a grain of salt. As we've all seen, things change. Dates get pushed out. Commodity constraints change. One week MIC tops are a contraint and the next week, it's soft tops.

They could very well be building 2-doors with MIC tops, and while it might make a few heads explode, it would sure make the people who have very early timestamps and have been let down by Ford time and time again very happy. After getting our model year pushed out (and for some of us, our colors yanked) we could use some good news - even if it pisses off that one guy with a November reservation who switched from a 2-door to 4-door or a MIC top to a soft top to get his Bronco before everyone else who reserved back in July.

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What was your build? And do you know your place at your dealers allocation?
4dr soft top Big Bend VB 2.3 auto. I was WAY down on my dealer's allotment but simplified my order to try and make it this year. My dealer was only getting ½ of the number of my place in his allotment so making the changed really bumped me up.
I drove a similarly equipped black diamond for the weekend and had a blast in it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.