Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Personally I think too many people are getting hung up on the MY thing. It will still be a new vehicle with full warranty. It's not like dealers are going to discount MY21's that get abandoned on their lots :sneaky: YMMV
You may be accustomed to buying the previous year model at full price, but I am not. If I am buying a MY21 in 22, I expect it to be discounted, otherwise I would buy a MY22 for the same price.
Sponsored

Bacon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Dr IS MIC Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, I just got off the phone with Ford New Vehicle Support Team. Finally, I wasn't lied to about "chips", "COVID", or much else. The games stopped after I informed the nice person on the end of the line that my vehicle was built and that it wasn't "in production" but rather already produced. She listened to me and stated that she was aware of the roof issues with the Hard Top vehicles and then dropped the bomb shell...

"There are not going to be any hardtops until 2022!"

Wait, wut?!? She was very apologetic that she could not do anything about the situation and that no one in the Ford New Vehicle Support Team has the authority to release any of the MIC Broncos, paid for or not.

If this is true, this is VERY bad news. She seemed much more informed than many of the past people whom I called. The number I called today was (800)-334-4375 which was given to me by the SUV Team who had no information for me after getting their supervisor.

Remember, I don't know if this is actually true - this was what a Ford representative told me 5 mins ago.
Ok, to clarify, we are talking no MIC for non FE and non VIN.

we are still thinking FE and those w VIN’s are getting a 2021 in the ballpark of end of 2021??

Last edited:

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, I just got off the phone with Ford New Vehicle Support Team. Finally, I wasn't lied to about "chips", "COVID", or much else. The games stopped after I informed the nice person on the end of the line that my vehicle was built and that it wasn't "in production" but rather already produced. She listened to me and stated that she was aware of the roof issues with the Hard Top vehicles and then dropped the bomb shell...

"There are not going to be any hardtops until 2022!"

Wait, wut?!? She was very apologetic that she could not do anything about the situation and that no one in the Ford New Vehicle Support Team has the authority to release any of the MIC Broncos, paid for or not.

If this is true, this is VERY bad news. She seemed much more informed than many of the past people whom I called. The number I called today was (800)-334-4375 which was given to me by the SUV Team who had no information for me after getting their supervisor.

Remember, I don't know if this is actually true - this was what a Ford representative told me 5 mins ago.
This conversation implies any Bronco not already built, requiring a MIC top, will not be built until 2022. In other words, any FE not built would be a built in 2022. I would need to see this in writing from Ford before I would say this is true. Fascinating!

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You may be accustomed to buying the previous year model at full price, but I am not. If I am buying a MY21 in 22, I expect it to be discounted, otherwise I would buy a MY22 for the same price.
Good luck with that :ROFLMAO: as hot as these trucks are. You ordered a MY21 chances are you'll get a MY21
By the way my local dealer just sold an abandoned BL for +$20k ADM Let me know how that discount works out for you :cool:

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't this exactly what Ford already publicly announced to all Bronco reservation holders?
It would be my guess that the qoute in red is not accurate and is being taken out of context by our members here.

She's a help line specalist, most likely confused.

BUt right now, with all the drama and emotions folks are actively looking for the worst possible outcome. Probably justifiably so considering all the crap that has gone down thus far.

Sponsored

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just curious. What happens to the orders that are previewed and then scheduling gets canceled for that week. I think it happened once or twice before.

Do they continue to be previewed for the following week? Or that status is reset and they go back to the pile?
They go back into the mix with all the other unscheduled. Qualifying for preview is ever changing because of supplies/constraints from week to week. They scan orders to match supplies. Timestamp and allocation is factored in too. The same process that can knock you out of preview can push you back once you do have a scheduled build date.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
No, she was discussing my ALREADY BUILT Bronco at Dirt Mountain Storage Complex getting a replacement hardtop!!!
!!! OH NO !!!

I guess you can choose to believe some rando phone support person who really knows nothing about you or your build. 🤔

It would actually be kind of funny if she could tell you were being spastic and she decided to yank yer chain a bit. 🤣

95jgy3ml0qt2wqzi17c4hbf4ks9l6iqalaapxsji&rid=giphy.gif

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It would be my guess that the qoute in red is not accurate and is being taken out of context by our members here.

BUt right now, with all the drama and emotions folks are actively looking for the worst possible outcome. Probably justifiably so considering all the crap that has gone down thus far.
I know when dealing with customers who want to hear a different answer than the one being given, that a lot of slightly/mildly different versions of essentially the same question come out in rapid fire succession in attempt to get the answer they called to get,.

That's not to say this is the case.

But it's most likely as you say, the answer given was to the question being asked as a whole, then the answer applied to the question being asked, but not the intent of the question.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good luck with that :ROFLMAO: as hot as these trucks are. You ordered a MY21 chances are you'll get a MY21
By the way my local dealer just sold an abandoned BL for +$20k ADM Let me know how that discount works out for you :cool:

So do you have a MY21 DMB that may be delivered many months from now, or are you just spit balling?

I don't have to buy my Bronco if I don't want to, regardless if it is the hot thing to do. The longer I go without it, the less I need it. I actually never needed it, as it will just be another extra vehicle for me. Again, you may be accustomed to buying the previous year model that sat in a lot for 8 months or so for the same price as the current year, but I'm not, and I don't have to. I really don't care what the dealer can sell it for. It won't be hard for me to walk away or flip it if that's the thing to do.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The Sept 13 date has been eliminated. Sometime in October is the new position of the MY 22 ordering goal post.
Yeah - it also sounds like they could schedule some early MIC orders even though they said we all are moved to 2022. (Which, who wants and October / November dirt mountain hold when they could have 2022 improvements unless they are hoping for a last ditch shot at Rapid Red or AMB?)

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
!!! OH NO !!!

I guess you can choose to believe some rando phone support person who really knows nothing about you or your build. 🤔

It would actually be kind of funny if she could tell you were being spastic and she decided to yank yer chain a bit. 🤣

Ford Bronco ⛔️ [Update: Scheduling Cancelled For 10/18 Build Week]: Bronco scheduling this upcoming week (of 8/30) for production build weeks 10/4, 10/11, 10/18 95jgy3ml0qt2wqzi17c4hbf4ks9l6iqalaapxsji&rid=giphy
Actually, she was the first person who didn't try to make up random explanations. She is a random person, and if you read what I wrote, I said that I don't know if there is any accuracy to what she said... However, she was much more clued in about multiple models than anyone I have talked to previously.

LOL, why would I be spastic? Some of you have quite the imagination. All I was looking for was honest answers, whether I liked the potentially honest answer or not was immaterial... I was actually happy that she was able to actually confirm most of the information that I had.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

No, it wasn't taken out of context, but I don't necessarily believe that she would know anything specifically beyond what her supervisors and management have told her.

I even wrote: "Remember, I don't know if this is actually true - this was what a Ford representative told me 5 mins ago."

She does know that no one in her department can authorize the release of DMSC Broncos and she stated that her supervisor does not have that authority. I have no reason to believe that to be untrue. Do you think that was taken out of context?

Believe what you want though. It's funny, everyone is so quick to explain away reality as if it didn't happen. I'll just keep what I know to myself from here on out. Later y'all.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These trucks are only “ hot” to us. The 200K who have ordered or reserved. The rest of the vehicle buying public doesn’t care. Once Ford finally gets its ass together ( still in doubt if this will actually occur), and builds the first 150K, they will be back to reducing the price below sticker in order to move them off the lots. This life time Ford owner has had enough of this. I too can easily walk away.

Austin Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Street Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is just comical. What the actual f*%* is going on? So tired of the never ending disappointment.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So do you have a MY21 DMB that may be delivered many months from now, or are you just spit balling?
I don't have to buy my Bronco if I don't want to, regardless if it is the hot thing to do. The longer I go without it, the less I need it. I actually never needed it, as it will just be another extra vehicle for me. Again, you may be accustomed to buying the previous year model that sat in a lot for 8 months or so for the same price as the current year, but I'm not, and I don't have to. I really don't care what the dealer can sell it for. It won't be hard for me to walk away or flip it if that's the thing to do.
So you order a MY21. They deliver as ordered & you demand a discount after the negotiated price Global supply problems be dammed. It would suggest they clearly don't drug test at your place of employment if you think that is going to work for you. And yes you do have the right to walk way. No doubt your dealer will be overjoyed at this proposition. There are some customers you can not affoard. :cool:

These trucks are only “ hot” to us. The 200K who have ordered or reserved. The rest of the vehicle buying public doesn’t care. Once Ford finally gets its ass together ( still in doubt if this will actually occur), and builds the first 150K, they will be back to reducing the price below sticker in order to move them off the lots. This life time Ford owner has had enough of this. I too can easily walk away.
Get to stepping then :sneaky: The demand far outweighs this forum.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.