Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

when are we expecting broncos that are already built and expecting new hard tops to be delivered?
What is this delivery you speak of?
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Depends on who you believe... Some say in September... The Ford rep from the New Vehicle Support Team today said 2022 for my Bronco currently stored at the Dirt Mountain Storage Complex. She also stated that basically there was nothing else that could be done because the order came from "high up in Ford".

Dubsilk

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M240 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Ford rep from the New Vehicle Support Team today said 2022 for my Bronco currently stored at the Dirt Mountain Storage Complex. She also stated that basically there was nothing else that could be done because the order came from "high up in Ford".
I am not sure how keen I will be to take delivery of a vehicle that has been sitting at Dirt Mountain for six months.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Ford rep from the New Vehicle Support Team today said 2022 for my Bronco currently stored at the Dirt Mountain Storage Complex. She also stated that basically there was nothing else that could be done because the order came from "high up in Ford".
Is THIS turns out to be the case - and ANYTHING is possible with these clowns - I think it would be attributable to issues OTHER than MIC tops. For example, A Pillar rainwater leaks, and software failures seem to be ubiquitous on Broncos

wileecoyote

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Mustang GT, 19 Raptor, 21 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
when are we expecting broncos that are already built and expecting new hard tops to be delivered?
My dealer contacted me yesterday with "Late November" for my Dirt Mountain Wildtrak parked July 22nd. :mad:
Needless to say the response he got was not nice.

Sponsored

Dubsilk

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M240 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dealer contacted me yesterday with "Late November" for my Dirt Mountain Wildtrak parked July 22nd. :mad:
That’s why they should just ship them and send the roofs later.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s why they should just ship them and send the roofs later.
No hurry. The way I look at it, the first coupl'a months of ownership my Bronco will be sitting at the dealership while they try to puzzle through water leaks & software failures anyway

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Standby, someone will come by and tell you that you must have taken what the dealer said "out of context". LMFAO.

Sorry to hear that they contacted you with the bad news, but that tracks with me being completed later than you with my build date being 8/5 (or roughly several hundreds of Bronco's after you based on the Blend numbers and stickers). Do you remember your blend number? (0721 - 0034, right?) and I was 0805 - 5241.

So that was probably somewhere in the neighborhood of a 7 days of production delta. Assuming that they were running an average of 200-300 Bronco hardtop builds per day, that would put me about 1400 - 2100 hardtops behind you (2 to 4 weeks from the end of November).

*** THESE ARE JUST GUESSES BASED ON NUMBERS I PULLED OUT MY ASS. ***

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The above two are just small examples that no-one knows shit (as they’re all over the place) and it’s all a guess on when we will get out of dirt mountain

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
*** THESE ARE JUST GUESSES BASED ON NUMBERS I PULLED OUT MY ASS. ***
If your current gig doesn't work out, I can see you fitting right in as a Ford Customer Service rep

Sponsored

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well this news (if correct) all sucks. And still crickets for us with built soft tops but no shipping. I spoke with a couple of Ford customer service folks on Monday and was supposed to get a manager call back in a couple of days. I think it was @Headsong who has been waiting a couple of weeks for that call back. Spoke to my dealer to see if they have any news and all I got was their system still shows my truck scheduled to be delivered the week of Aug 3 so Ford is not even helping the dealers on MIA builds.

My personal belief is that the missing softtops accidentally got sent to the bad MIC top lots and there they sit. But now Ford seems totally unwilling to acknowledge (let alone try to track down) that there are finished builds that should have been shipped but seem to have fallen through the cracks. So those soft tops will sit in the lot with the MIC top rigs until they start puling them out and a worker realizes its a soft top (oops lets ship it now). And if the above is correct it may mean I may not see my delivery until November?!?😡

For me, I can accept that such a mistake happened and live with it as a slight delay, but Ford’s total lack of willingness to even acknowledge that this may have happened or make any effort to look into the status of my VIN/build has drained any enthusiasm I had for this. To them, If the tracker says in production then it must still be in production - and it does not seem off to them that its now 40+ days after the blend date (which is what my window sticker still reflects).

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My personal belief is that the missing softtops accidentally got sent to the bad MIC top lots and there they sit. But now Ford seems totally unwilling to acknowledge (let alone try to track down) that there are finished builds that should have been shipped but seem to have fallen through the cracks.
If your supposition is correct, its hard to believe Ford is competent to design, build, and sell Anything

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If your supposition is correct, its hard to believe Ford is competent to design, build, and sell Anything
Not sure I would criticize the build process. Based on posts from others it seems MAP has a good rep for making the trucks. In my case its now about customer service. I have seen others post that Ford really doesn’t owe us anything as we don’t technically own the Broncos yet. I understand that but disagree in one major aspect. Ford constructed the build-to-order process with the Broncos (and apparently has stated that this is how they want to do business moving forward). To me if thats how its Ford wants to handle sales than the ordering customer also becomes a customer of Ford not just the dealer and if there are issues like this Ford needs to be prepared to respond and look into oddities when they happen. It is a different mentality from strict mass produce and ship various models to the dealers. Now that there is an individual buyer’s name is attached to the vehicle, Ford needs to have some accountability to that buyer. They have provided communications to the bad MIC top folks but for the lower number of people in my position Ford seems unwilling and unable to deal with it.

One would think that with all the issues with this launch Ford would have a focus on making sure any build that can be shipped gets shipped and delivered so more Broncos are on the roads.

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My personal belief is that the missing softtops accidentally got sent to the bad MIC top lots and there they sit.
What a kick in the nuts. To add insult to injury we will be delayed along with the MIC tops but not get money or points that they are giving the hard tops for their delay.

so disappointing…
Sponsored