ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
My build except MIC. I’m going to have to do something with those beauty rings or just get new wheels. Has anyone turned the Sasquatch rings black?
I am wanting to do the same thing.
Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just drove my Bronco (4 dr Badlands Sasquatch 2.7 liter with LUX package) from the Bay Area to Tuscon for a week and I was super impressed. That’s about 1600 miles round trip plus about 500 around town once there. I didn’t expect a big heavy “truck” with 35’s to be a good highway ride but I was really wrong. It was very comfortable. Seats were great. Steering tracks really well and best of all if you need to get up and go to pass it does that with great ease. At one point I got up to 100 without even trying. I obviously don’t recommend that but just know this bad boy can rock and roll.

I didn’t get a chance to off road it other than to go down a dirt road which clearly doesn’t qualify but I did sign up for the Bronco Off Roadeo in December and I’m looking forward to seeing what it can do. Ive never done any serious off-roading but I cant wait to get on it. I’m moving to Tuscon next summer and the other nice thing about having a Bronco there is the fact that the roads are in really rough shape so having a big truck makes driving around a bit more comfortable. Then there’s the monsoon rains… no prob there either. Though I will say the wiper blades don’t get nearly fast enough to compensate. Just be aware.

Couple things I noted on the trip in the cabin.
1. The AC seems to have its own mind and I did not have it on auto but every now and again it would turn up the fan to blast and it smelled like a clean hotel room. So odd. My husband and I were cracking up. Oh hey here comes the hotel smell again.
2. We averaged about 17.5 MPG in total. I tried ECO mode but honestly it made very little difference. I will say its nice to know you can drive it anywhere and any way you want and pretty much get the same MPG all the time. LOL. Hey I didn’t buy this baby for fuel economy….
3. The Apple Car Play would just cut out and disappear then recycle and come back on in about 30 seconds to a minute. Not sure what that was all about.
4. Tired the auto start from the Ford app a few times to try to cool the cabin down in 100 + heat and while it worked the AC didn’t really kick into high gear. If you don’t get to the truck in 15 min it shuts back off again.

Overall I’m SUPER impressed. I love my Bronco more every day.

PS - I didn’t see another Bronco during the entire trip. Kinda bummed. Cant wait to start seeing you all on the road! And be prepared to get stopped and be asked to have pictures taken with it. LOL. It’s a big hit out there.

5BF7B5F2-F860-49AB-9CBC-D59BCF84901D.jpeg

BC2DDA73-825D-4F15-9B27-76E978E8CFA1.jpeg

47ADB8D8-E848-4503-847B-1B0EC576E4F4.jpeg

EF71318A-BBE1-461D-BC7C-F04F29470B53.jpeg
Do you have the MGV or leather?

OP
OP
Frangiepod

Frangiepod

Badlands
First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 4 dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your impressions of the soft top during that road trip? Did you drive highway speeds with it up and down? How did it do in heavy rains? Thanks
I wanted the hard top but as we all know that’s not really an option so I got the soft top. Never had one on any car before so didn’t know what to expect. I ain’t gonna lie it’s loud on the highway even with it closed. No issues with the monsoon rain thankfully but did sound like your in a tent. LOL. Someday when someone makes a hard top I’ll be getting one…

Sponsored
OP
OP
Frangiepod

Frangiepod

Badlands
First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 4 dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Curious about your thoughts on the B&O. I’m still kicking around Lux
It has good sound quality but really can’t handle any bass. I came off a Mini Cooper and it had better sound TBH. I’ll be doing an upgrade at some point on those rear mounted speakers.

Nu2Fordz

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, BMW M6, GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I also ordered an Area 51, 4 dr Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7 liter with LUX package and leather. It's in production this week! Love that color.
Same build as me (I assume it's a softie). I posted some pics on here in the Area 51 thread. Your gonna love it.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am wanting to do the same thing.
3rd. I'm considering painting carbonized gray though to give it some contrast like the badlands optional wheels. We have a paint shop at work so I'm just going to have them spray them. Suprised we haven't seen more pictures of this done with how many people have talked about it. Definitely don't like the bright colors I've seen like red and orange.

GABroncin

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar E-Pace, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My build except MIC. I’m going to have to do something with those beauty rings or just get new wheels. Has anyone turned the Sasquatch rings black?
I love the rings. More of a flex than anything, and really only to the people that know what bead locking is.

Sponsored

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. The AC seems to have its own mind and I did not have it on auto but every now and again it would turn up the fan to blast and it smelled like a clean hotel room. So odd. My husband and I were cracking up. Oh hey here comes the hotel smell again.
We have noticed the same thing and posted about it here:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/odd-behavior-in-hvac-system.22530/#post-801330

Not really sure why it does this. It's really odd!

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just drove my Bronco (4 dr Badlands Sasquatch 2.7 liter with LUX package) from the Bay Area to Tuscon for a week and I was super impressed. That’s about 1600 miles round trip plus about 500 around town once there. I didn’t expect a big heavy “truck” with 35’s to be a good highway ride but I was really wrong. It was very comfortable. Seats were great. Steering tracks really well and best of all if you need to get up and go to pass it does that with great ease. At one point I got up to 100 without even trying. I obviously don’t recommend that but just know this bad boy can rock and roll.

I didn’t get a chance to off road it other than to go down a dirt road which clearly doesn’t qualify but I did sign up for the Bronco Off Roadeo in December and I’m looking forward to seeing what it can do. Ive never done any serious off-roading but I cant wait to get on it. I’m moving to Tuscon next summer and the other nice thing about having a Bronco there is the fact that the roads are in really rough shape so having a big truck makes driving around a bit more comfortable. Then there’s the monsoon rains… no prob there either. Though I will say the wiper blades don’t get nearly fast enough to compensate. Just be aware.

2. We averaged about 17.5 MPG in total. I tried ECO mode but honestly it made very little difference. I will say its nice to know you can drive it anywhere and any way you want and pretty much get the same MPG all the time. LOL. Hey I didn’t buy this baby for fuel economy….
3. The Apple Car Play would just cut out and disappear then recycle and come back on in about 30 seconds to a minute. Not sure what that was all about.
4. Tired the auto start from the Ford app a few times to try to cool the cabin down in 100 + heat and while it worked the AC didn’t really kick into high gear. If you don’t get to the truck in 15 min it shuts back off again.

Overall I’m SUPER impressed. I love my Bronco more every day.

PS - I didn’t see another Bronco during the entire trip. Kinda bummed. Cant wait to start seeing you all on the road! And be prepared to get stopped and be asked to have pictures taken with it. LOL. It’s a big hit out there.

5BF7B5F2-F860-49AB-9CBC-D59BCF84901D.jpeg

BC2DDA73-825D-4F15-9B27-76E978E8CFA1.jpeg

47ADB8D8-E848-4503-847B-1B0EC576E4F4.jpeg

EF71318A-BBE1-461D-BC7C-F04F29470B53.jpeg
First question why Tucson? Out of all the places to visit in Arizona :LOL:

☀:devilish:🔱🆙

Chops

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Ford Bronco,2017 GMC 2010 chevy short box truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't think Ford wiper blades are ever fast enough. Just apply a bit of Rain-X on the windshield and you practically don't need wipers.
Rain-x windshield cleaner is the best!! Hardly ever use wipers because of it.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It has good sound quality but really can’t handle any bass. I came off a Mini Cooper and it had better sound TBH. I’ll be doing an upgrade at some point on those rear mounted speakers.
A Mini Cooper? I'll be switching my Mini for the Bronco BL too. Was it difficult for you to get used to driving the Bronco compared to the tiny Mini? Also, how was stopping in the rain with the MT tires? Thanks!
Sponsored