Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure if this one has been brought up before, but while browsing through light options I noticed this hidden winch rough country's site but not seeing it on any product listing.

bronco-ditch-mount-install5.jpg
if something like this is possible, I'm sold. I just don't see where the actual winch would be here?
Make it work and I'll buy it though.

And I couldn't care less what some "Jeep guys" think of me, LOL. Why would anyone?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Need something like this. Even though it was on a '77 the bumper is steel and from James Duff and has the winch mounted inside. Hopefully the aftermarket is working on a solution like this.
1621524262368.png
That is really cool. I need a new bumper for my EB, is it on his website?

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Raskew

I'm just here to say I love the EB in your profile picture. Is it yours?

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is really cool. I need a new bumper for my EB, is it on his website?
Yes, James Duff hidden winch bumper. Requires at least a 1” body lift, very well made.

The ‘76 in my profile pic is one we built in 2018 and auctioned off at an event for our local CASA. The bronco went for $85,000, every cent went to the charity. The buyer was a local businessman who is a huge car lover and supporter of local non profits. Same guy bought the Apollo mustang and Old Yeller mustang at the EAA auctions.

There ate more pics and vid somewhere on our website. Look for Ruxer Bronco Reborn.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait for aftermarket hidden winch bumper.
I'm kinda tossed... The looks of the Ford setup on the mod bumper looks horrendous...
On the other hand, when just commuting 95% of the time, it's way easier to remove the winch (without removing the whole bumper) when it's not needed... And not carry an extra 100Lbs of weight on the truck!

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes Ma'am, that's my pavement princess
If I can get anyone to call me back, I'm going to have mine wrapped in vinyl and it will look similar to that. I love your paint choices!

My EB is black with about that color of blue in a stripe around the side and the roadster doors. I love to see the creativity that people put into their Broncos.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Checking out my neighbors new Jeep 392 and the new winch he just installed. He claims somehow the front camera is not blocked by the new bull bar, oversized Hellas, or the winch itself. You can see the camera mounted as high as possible in the grill but it is just barely above the bar. If its angled down he barely has any viewing window below the bar and between the lights. He must be full of crap but says the 360 stitching of the cameras is fine.

I forgot to ask him to turn the camera on to see for myself but if I run in to him this weekend I will ask and take a pic of the screen. First pic is strait on. Second is inline with the camera angle. Third from the side. Maybe there is hope with the control relocation kits that the view isn't that compromised.
Ford Bronco Winch solutions IMG_8485
Ford Bronco Winch solutions IMG_8486
Ford Bronco Winch solutions IMG_8488

Sponsored

PAULWESTSKI

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 F350 PSD, 05 Excursion PSD, VW-TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BTW,
Smittybilt (cheap) Manufactured in China with China parts.
Warn Assembled in US with China parts
Ramsey (expensive)manufactured in US with all US manufactured parts that are readily available.
I have a Ramsey 12K on my F-250 and Ramsey 5K on my Samurai - excellent winches.
I'll second the Ramsey as all USA made. I have a Ramsey 12k worm gear drive on my Excursion and that winch is a beast.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Earlier today I posted in a different thread about a completely hidden option hidden behind the intercooler and above the skid plate.

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

if something like this is possible, I'm sold. I just don't see where the actual winch would be here?
Make it work and I'll buy it though.

And I couldn't care less what some "Jeep guys" think of me, LOL. Why would anyone?
unless I am missing something, this appears to involve cutting into the steel bumper itself..

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

THIS!

This is what I have been thinking would be made available in the aftermarket immediately. super simple design and should be easy for a machine shop to produce.
I'd pay a few hundred for that bracket/mount situation.

anyone on B6G who can mass produce these should.

I have zero intention of paying $2000 for a new bumper just for a damn winch

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

unless I am missing something, this appears to involve cutting into the steel bumper itself..
We don't know if it works with the steel bumper at all and neither does Rough Country because they don't have one to test.
Sponsored