Sponsored

Can the removed roof be transported in vehicle, or is it just the doors?

Builtwild

Badlands
First Name
Raj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once removed, can the roof be carried too or is it just the doors. I dont recall those modular roofs once de-installed can be carried like the doors. Any one with knowledge can confirm. Not that it changes my decision.
Sponsored

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Once removed, can the roof be carried too or is it just the doors. I dont recall those modular roofs once de-installed can be carried like the doors. Any one with knowledge can confirm. Not that it changes my decision.
2 door First Edition model includes a bag for the doors and the front two roof sections. With the seats folded down, you could probably carry those four items if there's an aftermarket carrier to prevent the doors from flopping around.

Last edited:

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hard tops are modular. You can't store the rear clam shell, but you could store the driver and passenger removable sections in the truck.

The 4 door has a large section that spans the 2nd row of seats. I wouldn't expect that would be storable in the truck.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Somewhere in all the official videos someone said it was one or the other, but not both.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hard tops are modular. You can't store the rear clam shell, but you could store the driver and passenger removable sections in the truck.

The 4 door has a large section that spans the 2nd row of seats. I wouldn't expect that would be storable in the truck.
Modular roof is optional. Standard hardtop is also removable. Nobody knows what the difference is yet.

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Modular roof is optional. Standard hardtop is also removable. Nobody knows what the difference is yet.
I have never seen a picture of a bronco, that has a hard top, where it didn't have removable panels over the driver and passenger. I can't imagine them making a hard top without those removable panels.

I had heard mention of the windows possibly being removable on the rear clamshell. I could see that possibly being an option. But like you said, no one knows.

I wouldn't have imagined them not having a soft top for the 2 door. But here we are...

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have never seen a picture of a bronco, that has a hard top, where it didn't have removable panels over the driver and passenger. I can't imagine them making a hard top without those removable panels.

I had heard mention of the windows possibly being removable on the rear clamshell. I could see that possibly being an option. But like you said, no one knows.

I wouldn't have imagined them not having a soft top for the 2 door. But here we are...
The modular has at least one extra removable panel. Possibly three if they windows come out like Ford said in the press release.

HardenUp

First Edition
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do any of you current Jeep owners have advice on Top and Door management in the garage? Do they make some kind of wall mounted management system?
This might be a good thread to start.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do any of you current Jeep owners have advice on Top and Door management in the garage? Do they make some kind of wall mounted management system?
With the main part of the top there are a few options. It can hang from the roof of your garage, it can be put on a (large) shelf, or it can be rolled around (vertically) on a cart. Some of the solutions have an area where the panels can be placed. The purpose-built options tend to be relative expensive. The best solution to me seems to be a bully system that will lift up the top and keep it there. If you have a low ceiling in your garage, that might not be an option. I see no issue with keeping it in the backyard if you don't have a headliner.

For the doors, there are hangers for the Jeep ones but I'm not sure how that will work with the Bronco since the windows are frameless. Might have to just keep them in bags and stack them somewhere.

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Personally, I prefer half doors and will rarely remove the entire door. I think it's a huge win that Ford made the door window frameless effectively making it a half door when the window is down.

With that said, there are a lot of options out there. Just search on Jeep Door Hangers.

I saw a cool one posted yesterday where a Jeeper had both his full doors and half doors hanging on his garage wall with a bracket like this:

https://www.quadratec.com/p/lange-o...mvxmd1Obex_Yl7Ogi15OLihISi81uIvxoCfmIQAvD_BwE

Imagine if the bracket duplicated the Ford hinges, you could basically remove your doors and put them on similar hinges mounted to your garage wall.

1595430458383.png

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have fit 2 doors and the freedom panels in the back of my wrangler 4 door(with rear seats folded). I’m sure you can fit all the roof pieces in the back of the bronco if you really want to but it’s going to be a messy situation.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

djwaly97

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I bet you can fit the hardtop in the back or within the back seats. On hardtop wranglers, you can take the two front panels of the roof and they fit in the back seat or trunk. The 3rd and largest piece is tough though.

do we know if the bronco will also have a 3 piece hard top?
Sponsored