Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I know most build dates get pushed back a couple times, but without the hardtops does anyone think there will be less of that? I feel like MIC was the only real constraint...

OP
OP
Brocked

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So I know most build dates get pushed back a couple times, but without the hardtops does anyone think there will be less of that? I feel like MIC was the only real constraint...
Yes, for sure.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is very odd. The retooling isn’t done. And they won’t build it without a top, nor could they store it without a top.

So I guess they have MIC 1.0 tops in inventory. Or they are telling webasto to keep cranking out 1.0s until they retool, all for the sake of producing broncos and being able to temporarily store them outside. So September builds would get the MIC top with non-rolled edges and open seams…and will build it with that, and sent to the dirt lot for purgatory. Besides, they are going to be getting Broncos off the dirt lot in October to make some space for new joiners.

but that also means that any Broncos with MIC tops being built between now through the retooling in October will be dead last in pecking order to get off the dirt lot.

so while I have a 9/30 build on my assigned VIN if that stays the same, then I should be preparing myself to be on the dirt lot for awhile. While October builds could get the new MIC top and ship right out.

DirtMountainMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It is my firm belief that MIC 2.0 is complete and perfect. The first 2.0 tops are going to Dirt Mountain and my rig will be delivered to me this weekend. The old Dirt Mountain takeoff tops are going to the line for your September builds. It is only fair that you serve time on the Mt. awaiting your own 2.0 MIC tops. This is my wish in one hand...the other hand is already full of blue oval shaped turds.

Sponsored

Spray

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It is my firm belief that MIC 2.0 is complete and perfect. The first 2.0 tops are going to Dirt Mountain and my rig will be delivered to me this weekend. The old Dirt Mountain takeoff tops are going to the line for your September builds. It is only fair that you serve time on the Mt. awaiting your own 2.0 MIC tops. This is my wish in one hand...the other hand is already full of blue oval shaped turds.
I fully believe the statement you made about ford recycling MIC tops from DM to production to build inventory while getting the Bad Batch shipped!

Sponticore

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My two feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First post i clicked on in a while. Just realized how much ford is making us fans into losers by their complete and utter incompetence. I truly hope they go under.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It makes little sense to build Broncos and put any MIC 1.0 top on them. Regardless of initial "quality" those tops will ultimately have to be replaced down the road.
It does make little sense. But what's the alternative? That Ford is over a month ahead of schedule on fixing the MIC top for these builds next week? I dont think they've ever been ahead of schedule during this entire launch. The only other alternative is they have enough MIC 1.0s just sitting in inventory for some September builds. Not that big of a stretch that webasto is still making some 1.0s to help ford manage their production. Besides, Ford has them by the balls

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

First post i clicked on in a while. Just realized how much ford is making us fans into losers by their complete and utter incompetence. I truly hope they go under.
Are you serious Clark??? :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored