Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wait, so the dealer gets $1000 to spend per customer? Sweet! Sounds like the ADM just went down by $1000 everyone! Mission accomplished!

Kidding aside, Ford giving money directly to dealers and thinking that it'll go to customers is about as prudent as putting Cheech and Chong in charge of the DEA.
Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In theory, this could be a cool idea. It could allow a customer to get accessories they want rather than being stuck with whatever Ford decides to offer everyone. And a good dealer could probably also come up with some interesting swag.

But in practice, it could easily just be another opportunity for unscrupulous dealers to screw over their customers. I'd like to see what steps Ford is taking to ensure this money is used as intended.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
be nice if they just gave people 1000 off the price of they bronco instead of cheapo gifts
I said it before. Give everyone who reserved X-plan if they want it.

I think X-plan would only save me $275 on my build, but it would end all of the concerns about dealer shenanigans.

I'd also save a few hundred on the BS "DOC Fees" that everyone here charges since X-plan limits those to $100.

Just need a "Bronco Club of America" like MCA and give everyone a complementary membership for the wait.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I appreciate the effort on Ford's part, but that's a bizarre approach. Factoring in markups, they could have given us all $2k-$3k in accessories for the same cost to them as handing out $1k to the dealer.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Money talks…..drop the shenanigans and take care of your customers with actual reduction in vehicle cost as a way of saying “ we screwed up big time and we sincerely apologize”.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please no more Bronco trinkets and tchotchkes. We're gonna end up getting like a dozen pieces of Bronco swag direct from Ford anyway.

Parts, warranty, cash off MSRP... now we're talkin.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Money talks…..drop the shenanigans and take care of your customers with actual reduction in vehicle cost as a way of saying “ we screwed up big time and we sincerely apologize”.
The DMG (Dirt Mountain Gang) version :
We screwed up. We apologize for the inconvience this will cause, but here is your Bronco to enjoy for a few months until the new improved tops are available.

Instead we get : Fuck off, see ya in ???? Here's a hammock! Thanks for hanging around.

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Involving the dealers is asking for abuse. Why not just dole out another $1000 in Ford Reward Points. Put it in the hands where you want it to go. Unless there is a wink and a nod from Ford that the dealers are going to benefit from it too.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think X-plan would only save me $275 on my build, but it would end all of the concerns about dealer shenanigans.
No effect on my deal either, but that is a simple yet very effective idea for getting rid of all the surprise ADM's that's been going on.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn’t mind 1000 dollars off extended warranty plan or one of those cool traxas rc Broncos but I could see most stealerships keeping the money for themselves
I'm on board with this. We're going to need it.

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The dealerships do not get cash! They will be able to purchase swag, booze, accessories etc then invoice Ford with receipts to then get refunded. If Ford wanted you to be able to get a discount on your vehicle they could have given you another 200k FPR points which can be used as money off your vehicle, or accessories or services.

Most customers would appreciate that as opposed to a bottle of bourbon or Bronco swag.

But to involve the dealerships is wrong. We have no control over when your bronco will be built, no control over why your hard top is flawed or how long your vehicle will have to sit in a lot. I assure you all dealerships want your vehicles released as well.

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In theory, this could be a cool idea. It could allow a customer to get accessories they want rather than being stuck with whatever Ford decides to offer everyone. And a good dealer could probably also come up with some interesting swag.

But in practice, it could easily just be another opportunity for unscrupulous dealers to screw over their customers. I'd like to see what steps Ford is taking to ensure this money is used as intended.
Agreed. I think it is an opportunity for decent dealers to make a little extra that they could desperately use. My dealer has 2 new vehicles on the lot right now. That is all they can get.
i am sure the crappy dealers will figure out a way to keep it for themselves.
Sponsored