Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It depends on which trim and options you get, but yes, Bronco will hold value well. It's a unique vehicle and its a Ford, which means easier and cheaper to fix historically.

Normally, options and electronic gadgets don't hold value well as they age, people want the newest tech. With Bronco allowing over the air updates, as long as the processor is powerful like the ones in today's smartphones which are more like laptop processors, it will be years before the interface slows down.

I think with Bronco, much like Wrangler, a Rubicon or Badlands will be most desirable second hand. Buyers know most Rubicons aren't driven hard, same will be for Badlands (except for mine. Ha!), so if you get Badlands or Wildtrak, those are wonderful platforms out the door, but even better to build off of. Don't think there are any diminishing returns here unless you just mall crawl a loaded Bronco.

The cool factor of Bronco is going to be a shock to the system for many people. Rolling around sitting high, top and doors off. Most lame minivan or boring Tahoe owners are going to dream of looking just like us and they'll be willing to pay a premium for the pleasure.

I plan to hold onto mine for 8-10 years. Anything can happen within this time, but I plan to really bash my Badlands after year 5, then get a new one and do it all again.
Sponsored

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Currently I have a Fusion, I doubt the 2.3 will be able to match the fuel economy. And the point would be to get the best of both an electric (my work has chargers) and the off-road fun with my Jeep friends.
Seeing the other recommendations, I suppose I'll continue to wait it out :/
We'll see if my patience survives
I'm with you. I drove a full-electric BMW i3 for about a year and loved everything but the terrible range on that car. After having dug through other threads and caught wind of Getrag / Ford developing a manual for a hybrid I'm not pulling the trigger until I see what the Hybrid looks like & how much of a premium it'll be over the regular Bronco.

RedTetsu13

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The best resale of each trim will be the 2.7 until a hybrid comes out (not sure if hybrids will change the off-road resale landscape). Basing assumptions of the Jeep it probably won't matter all that much between 2 and 4 dr as they are both at the top with a pretty marginal difference. The auto will always hold a better resale value unless you are dealing with an enthusiast (enthusiasts will probably be willing to pay more for the manual regardless, unless the 2.7 plus 10 speed is really good). In terms of Trims, my guess will be (excluding first edition) Badlands, Outerbanks/Wildtrak, Black Diamond, Big Bend/Base. I also have no idea what will happen to the Wildtrak value especially after the Raptor/Warthog comes out.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Resale values on Wranglers are really not that great. Well maybe I should say trade in value. When I went to trade my 2015 JK in back in 2017 dealers were lowballing me big time. I'm talking some below wholesale. It had less than 20k miles and was in excellent condition. Of course once they get your trade for that low they will put it on their lots for damn near the price of a new one. True you can get more selling outright. But you have to wait around for the right buyer and deal with an onslaught of tire kickers and no shows.

Sponsored

sootie007

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC , Scion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I read Wranglers are 57.6% resale value after 5 years (it didnt say if that was private party sale or dealer trade in value - KBB) ........so based on that I would shoot a little / realistically lower at 40-50% so you should get 18k to 22k based on a 45 k original sales price after 5 yrs .... IF you take really good care of it ...... my best resale value in my life was my 2000 Tundra ....I paid 25k for it brand new and sold it for 10,500 private party after 5 yrs with 136k miles on it ..... 42% .... so for me the "truth" is somewhere around 40-50% .......I think these used Broncos will have a pretty strong demand. I dont want to argue - this is just my personal experience - opinion :) .... Im in for the long haul on this purchase...plan on keeping it ~ 8-10 yrs .

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Resale values on Wranglers are really not that great. Well maybe I should say trade in value. When I went to trade my 2015 JK in back in 2017 dealers were lowballing me big time. I'm talking some below wholesale. It had less than 20k miles and was in excellent condition. Of course once they get your trade for that low they will put it on their lots for damn near the price of a new one. True you can get more selling outright. But you have to wait around for the right buyer and deal with an onslaught of tire kickers and no shows.
I found it odd when some folks claimed to have sold their used Wranglers for similar price as new. I mean - who would buy used when they could buy new for similar price? Turns out those folks selling, had added various aftermarket equipment. So in that case, the high sale price can be a bit misleading, when factoring in cost of wheels/tires, bumpers, lifts, winches, etc. Otherwise without that stuff, the seller would need to luck into some foolish buyer, willing to pay close to new price for a used vehicle.

IamtheBruce

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer, 2021 Ram 1500 Rebel
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I found it odd when some folks claimed to have sold their used Wranglers for similar price as new. I mean - who would buy used when they could buy new for similar price? Turns out those folks selling, had added various aftermarket equipment. So in that case, the high sale price can be a bit misleading, when factoring in cost of wheels/tires, bumpers, lifts, winches, etc. Otherwise without that stuff, the seller would need to luck into some foolish buyer, willing to pay close to new price for a used vehicle.
I figured I'd raise this post from the dead after visiting the local Ford lot and seeing pre-owned Raptors selling for their original MSRP, and new F150s all having a $10k markup over MSRP. The auto market is all out of whack right now.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Certain things keep resale high:
Four wheel drive
Pickups
Stick Shifts.

That last one is a bit weird, because in general demand is softer for the stick, but supply is a lot smaller, and folks who want a clutch really want a clutch. So, used Mustangs, xTerras, Wranglers, Tacos with a stick seem to pull in a 20% premium over their automatic counterparts.

As people get older, will the Millenial anti-theft device keep its premium? No idea.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I found it odd when some folks claimed to have sold their used Wranglers for similar price as new. I mean - who would buy used when they could buy new for similar price?
I am seeing used Tacos with 60k miles on dealer lots listed $4-5k over ordering a brand new one. Resale is supper nutty right now.

Sponsored

casbar

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Tacoma, '17 Indian Scout
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I say wait for crash tests.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It depends on which trim and options you get, but yes, Bronco will hold value well. It's a unique vehicle and its a Ford, which means easier and cheaper to fix historically.

Normally, options and electronic gadgets don't hold value well as they age, people want the newest tech. With Bronco allowing over the air updates, as long as the processor is powerful like the ones in today's smartphones which are more like laptop processors, it will be years before the interface slows down.

I think with Bronco, much like Wrangler, a Rubicon or Badlands will be most desirable second hand. Buyers know most Rubicons aren't driven hard, same will be for Badlands (except for mine. Ha!), so if you get Badlands or Wildtrak, those are wonderful platforms out the door, but even better to build off of. Don't think there are any diminishing returns here unless you just mall crawl a loaded Bronco.

The cool factor of Bronco is going to be a shock to the system for many people. Rolling around sitting high, top and doors off. Most lame minivan or boring Tahoe owners are going to dream of looking just like us and they'll be willing to pay a premium for the pleasure.

I plan to hold onto mine for 8-10 years. Anything can happen within this time, but I plan to really bash my Badlands after year 5, then get a new one and do it all again.
Since you're planning on retaining for several years - what are you planning on doing to keep the engine in tip top shape?

stratego

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Protip for people worried about resale: lease your bronco and enjoy lower payments. If you still feel like owning the vehicle in 3/4/5 years, you can buy it out for a pre-arranged price.

Otherwise, with a lease you will only be paying for the depreciation (and only sales tax on depreciation). Ford is planning for very high residuals, so ownership will be fairly cheap.
Sponsored