Sponsored

Who has priority? me with a reservation and no order vs going into the dealership and placing an order?

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is pretty much what happened to me. I'm a late reservation that ended up with a VIN and build date. I got pushed back a bunch, but my dealership had very few orders so there was really no competition.
... and my dealer had a good few, but I was so early comparatively.
My reward was an indefinite QC hold. 🤬
Lol!
Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was told by my dealership if someone walks in and orders a basic Bronco with soft top and no goodies then they may be seeing their build in 21, Go figure?

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford says that time of reservation matters, but it doesn't really. If they go in and order a Bronco and have no constraints they could be built before you
I am not concerned about someone ordering one with a 2.3 or something else I don't want
Whoa, wait .... no order?
Clarify.
Did you go into or deal with a dealer to submit an actual order yet?
A reservation that does not get converted to an order is worthless.
I only have a reservation. No order yet. I assume the dealer is waiting for the 22-year model order banks to open before they call me in to place the order

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we need a banned thread that is a compilation of all posts that result in banishment. That way we know how to avoid getting the hammer dropped on us.
nothing-speechless.gif

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I only have a reservation. No order yet. I assume the dealer is waiting for the 22-year model order banks to open before they call me in to place the order
Your reservation is your place in line. So, once you convert it to an order, your original timestamp is supposed to be your spot. This of course, ignores all of the constraints, but that's how it's supposed to work.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your reservation is your place in line. So, once you convert it to an order, your original timestamp is supposed to be your spot. This of course, ignores all of the constraints, but that's how it's supposed to work.
Your place in line at your particular dealer. The secret allocation formula determines if you get an advantage or disadvantage compared to similar time stamps at different dealers, ignoring constraints, Priority, and VIP orders.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Your place in line at your particular dealer. The secret allocation formula determines if you get an advantage or disadvantage compared to similar time stamps at different dealers, ignoring constraints, Priority, and VIP orders.
Ford Bronco Who has priority? me with a reservation and no order vs going into the dealership and placing an order? 1630764011059

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't understand why someone would wait for the 2022 order banks to open unless they want a color or something not available on 2021. I got a reservation days before it ended, dealer called the next day, I put in the order first chance. Dealer said I'll most likely be a '22 build, I said I know and that's fine. Seriously am I missing something?

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do I have priority over someone walking in the door and placing an order? My reservation 7/30/21 and I assume not able to order until the '22 order banks come out
My Dealer Said (I know, 20 push ups), who is the manager and the person in charge of all Bronco orders, that my order is stuck at PC99 (unbuildable). Sure you can place an order with a dealer, but they will not be able to move it to PC19(Buildable Order) Until order banks open back up.
So as far as I've been told, Order banks are closed until further notice.
I Made a reservation on 6/29/21 and converted to an order (99) with 1k down payment on 6/30. If anyone can fact check all this, I'd love to hear a different answer.

Sponsored

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Both builds being equal? Whomever will pay the dealer more.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ongoing debate... Dealer originally told me they have little control. Over time, I have learned they have substantial control of placing an order. It appears they can put your order in when they want to and with higher priority than another if they want to. Friend with a reservation from April of 2021 is now driving his Bronco. He missed many of the sins though and has a "friend" at the dealership. At least that's my take on it...

OP
OP

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ongoing debate... Dealer originally told me they have little control. Over time, I have learned they have substantial control of placing an order. It appears they can put your order in when they want to and with higher priority than another if they want to. Friend with a reservation from April of 2021 is now driving his Bronco. He missed many of the sins though and has a "friend" at the dealership. At least that's my take on it...
The dealer has control on which of his orders take priority. If he gives my order priority 10 I am ahead of you which might be at 30. The rest depends upon how much allocation the dealer has and if Ford has the parts to build the Bronco that you want

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The dealer has control on which of his orders take priority. If he gives my order priority 10 I am ahead of you which might be at 30. The rest depends upon how much allocation the dealer has and if Ford has the parts to build the Bronco that you want
Ford being able to build is another discussion altogether... But when the dealer is willing to put in your order is a big deal. They are not bound by reservation stamp for entering the orders the way they want to. That's what I'm seeing here on the ground in AZ.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your reservation has zero priority over even dealer stock until you convert it to an order.
Sponsored