OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford is handing out hundreds of thousands of points to Bronco customers for these accessories, so of course the price went up.

This is exactly why I’ve nearly spent all of my points already on accessories, before the rules/points/value/price changes that are inevitable when everyone floods that system with Ford points in a couple months.
How many million points would it take to buy a winch?! ;)

Maybe my dealer will give me the $1,000 "make the customer happy" cash as a winch discount. :)
Sponsored

Wmneill

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if it still blocks the front camera? LOL

BadlandsCable

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t pay anywhere near that for the Warn Zeon 12S Platinum on my van!! Does it come with something else that I am missing? Like an on board air compressor
This is a complete ripoff. Looked at 4WP and you can buy their bumper, mounting plate, skid plate, and winch and come under the ford price.

Vantcrst

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 Ford F-150, Mercedes 4x4 Sprinter Van,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a complete ripoff. Looked at 4WP and you can buy their bumper, mounting plate, skid plate, and winch and come under the ford price.
I just don’t see this being competitive. Maybe if it was compatible with the LUX package and they were the only ones to have figured that out then they could charge that. But like you said there are going to be other aftermarket options that offer a lot more for less. I don’t get it.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So they jacked up the price and why is it that on a super duty tremor and now other non-tremor duties, the cost includes the dealer installation. Similar to DIO. Only thing I can think of is that they put the winch on the actual vehicle order. Its also $3k and higher capacity winch for the SD.

not to mention:
- why would I want a hook on a synthetic line. Give me a fairlead and thimble.
- warn makes remote control winches why wired?

Sponsored

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How many million points would it take to buy a winch?! ;)

Maybe my dealer will give me the $1,000 "make the customer happy" cash as a winch discount. :)
Lol this winch will cost you 700k Ford points.

It could happen...

DEC

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 640, Mustang Bullitt, Mazda 3, Honda Accord,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That’s some serious coin right there.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thats an odd not compatible list
I agree. DO WE KNOW WHY?
I have been waiting for this to come out and have it as my #1 MOD. Now they are saying it is not compatible on my Black Diamond Order. Need a reason here....a front facing sensor? The Modular Bumper and mounting points are certainly the same. ???????????????????

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

'22 BD's come with the "Capable" bumper
So if we upgrade to the Modular Bumper....will it work then??????????? I see no reason why it won't.

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wasn't this going to be $2500? $3500 is insane.
This has the better mount (the one with the Bronco on the sides) and a synthetic line (which is $350.00 more at Warn). The $2,500 that was on B&P at a crappy cheap mount and a steel cable.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

price is a bit outlandish, but since it won't work with LUX I don't have to worry about it.
I'm hoping someone will come out with an idea that works with LUX and doesn't block the front camera, otherwise I'll just not have a winch or maybe go hitch mounted.

I won't be on any trails that require a winch for a long time, hopefully the aftermarket will come up with something.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So if we upgrade to the Modular Bumper....will it work then??????????? I see no reason why it won't.
You are making the presumption that the modular bumper will be an option for MY'22 BDs. I've mentioned it earlier before. The requirements for the winch kit is a modular bumper and no Lux package optioned. Yet, Ford went ahead and implied that it won't be available for Base and Black Diamond. Neither two trim can get the Lux package. For MY'21, they both were able to get the modular bumper. Seems to imply that those two trims won't have the option for the modular bumper for MY'22.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

price is a bit outlandish, but since it won't work with LUX I don't have to worry about it.
I'm hoping someone will come out with an idea that works with LUX and doesn't block the front camera, otherwise I'll just not have a winch or maybe go hitch mounted.

I won't be on any trails that require a winch for a long time, hopefully the aftermarket will come up with something.
I'm a big fan of hitch mounted winch packages. No need to have the extra weight being toted around while daily driving. Load it up when you do. It would be ideal if a front hitch carrier can be installed with the rear hitch so depending on use case, you can choose where and how you need it.

HPNQ420

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco, '19 GTI, '88 R100GS, HPN BMW G/S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You are making the presumption that the modular bumper will be an option for MY'22 BDs. I've mentioned it earlier before. The requirements for the winch kit is a modular bumper and no Lux package optioned. Yet, Ford went ahead and implied that it won't be available for Base and Black Diamond. Neither two trim can get the Lux package. For MY'21, they both were able to get the modular bumper. Seems to imply that those two trims won't have the option for the modular bumper for MY'22.
Modular bumper will supposedly by an option for every trim:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...standard-on-black-diamond-and-badlands.22102/
Sponsored