Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I didn’t tap but I let my order ride with a Mod Top and ordered a Defender X instead. Basically it’s been the same kind of sh#tshow over there (vehicle built and on ship then not built but cancelled, rescheduled, taillight recall, etc.). I just decided that the Bronco is more of a fun summer car and not what I needed at the moment.. The Defender is pretty much the opposite and feels way more polished than the Bronco. I think I will pull the trigger on the 23 Bronco but I won’t spend as much on it vs what I had originally spec’d out as I won’t need all the bells and whistles since it’s just going to be a beater for beach, dog, camping, etc. The general consensus here has been that the Bronco isn’t really suited for daily driving so much as it is for the off-road experience and now I’m fairly convinced that is true.
I hear ya. Ordered defender April 1, figured whatever I received 1st (day 4 badlands reservation) id buy. land Rover was much better with sharing dates- until my build date of August 14 came and went. The status changed to “Pending”. I have no clue if October 14 delivery date is still a chance, and neither does sales rep. so does defender or bronco show up first?
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m curious to see what the new 4runner will look like as well, but haven’t seen much about it. Not as much interest as there was for bronco over the last 6-7 years.
This guy closely follows the 6th gen 4Runner info and has some interesting renders.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I tapped out, but then I tapped right back in after the test drive. I think it helps that I've got a build week.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m curious to see what the new 4runner will look like as well, but haven’t seen much about it. Not as much interest as there was for bronco over the last 6-7 years.
Based on recent company wide styling trends, I'd assume it will look like a bag of mashed assholes.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on recent company wide styling trends, I'd assume it will look like a bag of mashed assholes.
*TRD mashed assholes, sir.
Show some respect!
:ROFLMAO:

*That was gold, and made me laugh on a 1st day back to work. Thanks for that.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn’t tap but I let my order ride with a Mod Top and ordered a Defender X instead. Basically it’s been the same kind of sh#tshow over there (vehicle built and on ship then not built but cancelled, rescheduled, taillight recall, etc.). I just decided that the Bronco is more of a fun summer car and not what I needed at the moment.. The Defender is pretty much the opposite and feels way more polished than the Bronco. I think I will pull the trigger on the 23 Bronco but I won’t spend as much on it vs what I had originally spec’d out as I won’t need all the bells and whistles since it’s just going to be a beater for beach, dog, camping, etc. The general consensus here has been that the Bronco isn’t really suited for daily driving so much as it is for the off-road experience and now I’m fairly convinced that is true.
I hear ya. Ordered defender April 1, figured whatever I received 1st (day 4 badlands reservation) id buy. land Rover was much better with sharing dates- until my build date of August 14 came and went. The status changed to “Pending”. I have no clue if October 14 delivery date is still a chance, and neither does sales rep. so does defender or bronco show up first?
I managed to actually get my Defender on Friday. It seems the trick is getting lucky with a dealership that has unspoken-for allocations that can be customized (and also not ordering a model that has tail light issues, I guess). I have to say, between the 5-ish hour drive home and some other local meandering I've done so far, it's just fantastic.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I managed to actually get my Defender on Friday. It seems the trick is getting lucky with a dealership that has unspoken-for allocations that can be customized (and also not ordering a model that has tail light issues, I guess). I have to say, between the 5-ish hour drive home and some other local meandering I've done so far, it's just fantastic.
I'm really close to moving to the Defender. Mind if I ask how much out the door?

StevieD23

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra, 2021 AMB Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I tapped out and canceled my reservation. I realized, as exciting as the potential of the Bronco is, it is not the vehicle for me. The interior and the MIC are not for me, and the early production issues were the last drop in the bucket. I had been to the early dealer showings, I was unimpressed with few details and plasticky interior, but was hoping things would improve as production starts. It was of course wishful thinking. The quality issue with the overall car, but particularly with the hard top, are the final items that made me click on the CANCEL button.

I just cannot see myself writing a $65K check for what the Bronco is today.
I agree with you wholeheartedly. Along with the constant delays and issues, I had a chance to drive one and was underwhelmed by the paint issues and sea of cheap plastic inside. The 2.7 didn't seem as strong as everyone said who drove one either. I look forward to buying one, but it won't be for a few years.

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've not tapped out but I've picked up a 2020 Rubicon Unlimited with the 3.0 Diesel and the sky one touch roof.... This past weekend I was out enjoying Mosquito Pass 13,200...moderate trail. Moab is on the agenda for early October. I will still purchase the Bronco whenever it's available....1 st day reservation... Badlands 2.7, LUX, Leathers, Tow, MIC.... I'm not sure why Ford doesn't copy the Sky One Touch Roof....it's truly the best of all worlds..

Sponsored

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not only keeping my order but upgrading a couple trim levels and option package. The delays have cost me about $10k so far because I keep upping everything, lol.
Only $10K?

Pff... $20k here...

I swear this was all planned.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've not tapped out but I've picked up a 2020 Rubicon Unlimited with the 3.0 Diesel and the sky one touch roof.... This past weekend I was out enjoying Mosquito Pass 13,200...moderate trail. Moab is on the agenda for early October. I will still purchase the Bronco whenever it's available....1 st day reservation... Badlands 2.7, LUX, Leathers, Tow, MIC.... I'm not sure why Ford doesn't copy the Sky One Touch Roof....it's truly the best of all worlds..
Key item: "This past weekend I was out enjoying ... ". That's money in the bank compared to waiting around.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only $10K?

Pff... $20k here...

I swear this was all planned.
outside of LUX and tow there's nothing else outside of accessories I can add and I'm seriously considering adding tow just because, lol