First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is great news. However, I'm still under the impression that between the in-the-wild hardtops that need replacing, plus Dirt Mountain, they're still probably pushing our not-yet scheduled 2-door MIC tops to MY22.

Does anyone have any insight?
Sponsored

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"The only delay now, he said, is the time it takes to run all Broncos that have been sitting awhile through comprehensive inspection.

'We'll do a water test on the new roof as well," Grueber said. "We'll make sure they're ready for sale.'"

Wait I'm sorry, a water test hasn't been done??? Am I misinterpreting this?
I'm genuinely shocked at the number of comments about the water test. What did you expect? Do a water test on *your* Bronco before they put the top on???

There is a difference between development and production. Of course they've done thorough testing during development (with the visibility on this issue, I have to believe they looked closely at this). But then you do quick checks & inspections on each vehicle after production for certain systems. This can't be that hard to understand.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not sure I'm 100% good with this news. Why would they start shipping tops to customers who already have their Bronco before clearing out Dirt Mountain? Current owners are fine driving around for a bit longer with a "not perfect" top!
I know, right! You would think they'd want to get the MAP lot empty of the thousands of idle Broncos to actually complete the sale for the dealerships!

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OMG, is this true.....nah it can't be true. To much bad luck lately..........well, maybe it is true.........Oh hell, Imma gonna say it's true. FINALLY..................:cool:

Oh shit, just had a thought. What we gonna bitch about now?

Sponsored

JD155

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Literally just got off the phone w/ my dealer an hour ago. Discussed switching to soft to & dropping the MIC. Because I didn't want to wait another year. Awaiting a call back from my salesam to discuss further options. And now I see this news. FML, now what should I do 🤦 7/20/20 res 2/5/21 order. Base/2.7/Squatch/Mic Top

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Not sure I'm 100% good with this news. Why would they start shipping tops to customers who already have their Bronco before clearing out Dirt Mountain? Current owners are fine driving around for a bit longer with a "not perfect" top!
From what the article says, they are doing both.

Ford Motor Co. will start shipping this week thousands of new hardtop roofs to dealers waiting to replace the faulty ones on 2021 Broncos already delivered, the Free Press has learned.

Also, Ford will be installing the new tops in 2021 Broncos that have been held backthen shipping those vehicles immediately.

Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I will be ready when they call!

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im getting a soft top, so this doesn't really effect me, but this seems rushed. If the original tops that have been tested for years were bad enough to warrant replacing thousands of them, there is no way these have already undergone a redesign and adequate testing. I expect more problems to come.
You're assuming they tested them in the first place.

While they certainly had years to do the testing, if the problem was exposure to sunlight and humidity causing failure in a matter of days ... How hard could they have really tested it in the first place?

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So my Friday build will actually (hopefully) ship...no way

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm genuinely shocked at the number of comments about the water test. What did you expect? Do a water test on *your* Bronco before they put the top on???

There is a difference between development and production. Of course they've done thorough testing during development (with the visibility on this issue, I have to believe they looked closely at this). But then you do quick checks & inspections on each vehicle after production for certain systems. This can't be that hard to understand.
Its not clear from that article, and obviously Im not the only one who raised the question. They built/shipped/parked a ton of vehicles with defective roofs so I think its within reason to question the wording, but seemingly I better understand what this actually means now.
Sponsored