First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did NH Roadeo little over a week ago, I concur with everything you wrote and I only did the morning session. Itā€™s an absolute must. Every question you have about capability will be answered, every creeping doubt will dissipate.

Before dropping $40-$50k, drop $600-$700 on a trip to Roadeo and wheel in Bronco ALL DAY. You will be surprised at what they not only let you do, but ask you to do in these rigs. So much fun, so worth it.

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
@Rubisquatch Im glad you had a great time! I recently did the Moab Off-Roadeo (shameless plug) and had a blast as well.

One thing I was quite impressed with (and you less so) was the sway bar disconnect. I enjoyed it so much that I upgraded my BaseSquatch to a BadLuxSquatch. As far as tackling obstacles itā€™s not a big deal to lock the rear and climb over but the normal off-road driving was so much more smooth with the SBD engaged. Did you notice a difference in smoothness? I did for sure but perhaps hard rock of Moab might be less forgiving than dirt trails perhaps? Just an idea.
I fell in love with sway-disconnect and the one-peddle. Also have a basesquatch on order and am also thinking about upgrading to Badlands. Itā€™s the one good thing about being forced to wait, can just bank more and more down payment and make something was once out of reach now a possibility. But I know for a fact that if I didnā€™t Roadeo I wouldnā€™t even consider it.

OP
OP
Rubisquatch

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Rubisquatch Im glad you had a great time! I recently did the Moab Off-Roadeo (shameless plug) and had a blast as well.

One thing I was quite impressed with (and you less so) was the sway bar disconnect. I enjoyed it so much that I upgraded my BaseSquatch to a BadLuxSquatch. As far as tackling obstacles itā€™s not a big deal to lock the rear and climb over but the normal off-road driving was so much more smooth with the SBD engaged. Did you notice a difference in smoothness? I did for sure but perhaps hard rock of Moab might be less forgiving than dirt trails perhaps? Just an idea.
I was impressed with it and think itā€™s great, worked great under load and nice to push a button on demand. If I could get it in WT I would. But, I also know when I off road I would be disconnected the whole time and would not be using it on and then off and then on again based on obstacles. So, for me when I wheel Iā€™d be disconnected the whole time so using quick disconnects is fine. I have BL rock rails on hand already, full bash plates and ordering steel rear bumper so other than sta bar button, I have the same as a Sas BL. I was thoroughly impressed wheeling in a Sas OBX and had 0 issues on everything that the Sas BL in front of me did while disconnected. The Bronco is great, no matter what you get!

Last edited:

96GreenBronco

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco XLT, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 7M
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife and I will be there the 18th as well and are also waiting on a manual (4dr Badlands). Sounds like there's a morning and afternoon session, so maybe we can take turns!
Nice, I have the same build on Dirt Mountain somewhere...I hope they have enough rigs for everyone but yes, I'm sure we can all work it out to get a turn amongst fellow manual enthusiasts. I'm trying to convince my bro to get a bronco but he wants to drive the 7MT before ordering so I hope I can get him behind the wheel of one at least part of the day.

Sponsored

walterpires

Outer Banks
First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey I was there too!!! Drove an OBX SAS with high package and the tan interior which I didnā€™t care for. Had a great time and I highly recommend it. GO PATS!!!

Svanhildr

Black Diamond
First Name
Christal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, we went from Pittsburgh to the New Hampshire Off Rodeo and all I can say is (and Iā€™m sure this applies to any Bronco Off Rodeo) YOU HAVE TO GO! Iā€™m serious. Book it and go, you wonā€™t be disappointed.

Luckily I had some extra airline and car rental points so my son and I made the trip and boy was it worth it. As background, Iā€™ve taken my Jeep and wheeled in Colorado, Moab and did the Rubicon Trail and my expectations for this were actually kinda low and those expectations were exceeded. I was like ā€œit will just be some dirt roads and Bronco sales pitchā€. I was wrong. If you even remotely get the chance to go to any off rodeo, go. Whether your an experienced off roader or a newbie go because you will love it.

So, my thoughts and takeaways:

The Broncos. They are simply amazing! So great to see them live in every color and trim, they had like 30 or so there. Some MIC but mostly soft tops. Almost all trims represented. Almost all Sasquatch but a few BL on 33s and a few 2 doors. All of us attending were blown away by the capabilities. The best part is they show you how to use everything and you actually get to use everything - front and rear lockers, front lockers on their own without the rears (looking at you Jeep), trail control (loved this, itā€™s kinda like cheating), 1 pedal, trail turn assist, 4 high, 4 low, cameras, you name it. And this is not just ā€˜use trail turn assist here on this one solitary spotā€™, you have many chances all day long (7 hours of wheeling, yes thatā€™s right) to use it whenever you want. Now having gone to off Roadeo, I am sure most people who get a Bronco will not go to one and therefore are way less likely to use this stuff/tech because they havenā€™t tried it off road and ā€˜played with it in different scenariosā€™.

The Trails. Wow. I was expecting some basic dirt trails but we did everything! Steep hill climbs and descents, granite slabs, rock gardens, tight forest trails, mud holes, and pucker factor level off camber. Great views as well (but you are in the trees a lot as this is east coast wheeling). The one call out for New Hampshire I picked up on is weather. We did some pretty tough obstacles but if it was wet or raining, the guides would not have taken us on these hard obstacles and they have other (read easier) trails they take you on. A few occasions I heard the guides say ā€œwe wouldnā€™t have done that if it was rainingā€ Remember, this is on a granite mountain, with a lot of rocks and trees right on the edge of the trail. So if you slide even a bit, youā€™re likely gonna hit something. But luckily for us, today was a great day weather-wise, a;though it sprinkled once around 5:30pm (yes, and we were still wheeling at 5:30pm).

The People. The guides and staff were amazing. Knowledgeable, down to earth, helpful and patient with those newer to off roading. The attendees were also amazing. In our group we had experienced off roaders and new people and everyone was great. I think the realization we are part of a lucky group of folks who will have a Bronco brings everyone together. Plus they sheer giddiness of everyone who is now more excited as they are loving it all day long.

The Agenda. Again, wow. I do not expect this much time wheeling. We got there at 9am for our scheduled 9:30 start. My son and I left there at 7pm (so thatā€™s 10 hours for those of you bad at math). Out of those 10 hours, we were ON TRAIL about for a solid 6 and 1/2 to 7 hours. We did 2 and 1/2 plus in the am, had a quick lunch and then 4 hours after lunch. Just blown away. And with all that time we got to try everything the Bronco had on all kinds of terrain.

The 12 inch screen. Sorry mid peeps but I am so glad I got this on my order. In the morning we wheeled a BL with mid and the afternoon we choose and OBX with high (as I wanted to wheel with the big screen and no sway bar disconnect as I have a WT on order). Why is the screen so important? Because the Bronco hood is really big. And that means itā€™s hard to see whatā€™s right in front of you and the screen helps a ton. And, the screen just looks great and makes the dash seem even more amazing. I was the only 1 in our group to choose a Bronco with a 12 inch screen for the afternoon and everyone wanted to see it and was jealous (although most had it on their order). Also, I connected my phone and it worked amazingly well.

The sta bar disconnect. Itā€™s super nice to push a button and get a little extra droop. Having wheeled both today (a BL w Sas and a OBX w Sas) itā€™s great to have it but Iā€™m totally comfortable without it on my WT (but I do plan to get quick disconnects so I get the max articulation possible, even though it may be 2 pins to pull and not a button). As mentioned above, we did some pretty gnarly trails and every single non BL got through every single obstacle the BLs did. This is a credit to how good and capable the Bronco is with front and rear lockers (and good spotters).

The food. The dinner was amazing. Dinner is in the Off Rodeo base facility (which is just for Off Roadeo and not a shared part of the base lodge). Iā€™m not a crazy foodie but I like decent food and dinner was awesome. Also, everyone enjoys dinner as your recapping the day, sharing stories and excitement and the guides join you, who are now your friends but the end of the day. Lunch was a plain box lunch (meh) but the great part of lunch is you take the ski lift to top of Gunstock Mountain and eat on a deck overlooking the Lake Winnipesaukee and the NH maintains. Not the same view as Moab but pretty darn nice for east coast. They give you great snacks and water, as much as you want.

The tops. The soft top flipping up is nice and easy. Putting it all the way back is easy too but does block entire rear view mirror. The rear windows are all wavy, this is for real. The hard tops we saw were good but the 2 I looked at closely did have some small sections where I think water would intrude and start to separate the layers. Iā€™m pissed about the MIC delay but Iā€™m glad they are correcting this.

The pics:

A3D33E66-A622-4544-AEE0-74DF7A4300F6.jpeg

35AB175D-44FB-4D11-BDC9-CFEDE71E25C4.jpeg

2660D2B4-48BF-409A-B8B2-A4360F205F3F.jpeg

F698D64E-8DB2-4014-BAB9-CAFCA934B53A.jpeg

F1B5F4E2-574F-41AC-991D-F3BFA887310F.jpeg

241ACCF3-3891-483C-869A-D98991A598B5.jpeg

14BE1A6A-0428-4090-A5BD-F6D2ADCD88F0.jpeg

E18E1480-8F92-4D41-92C0-5E039F2AEA07.jpeg

FD3DA64B-75A9-4EA6-A7D3-52E7D98E7A3D.jpeg

66AEE105-7B60-46E0-A310-2B01ED4178C1.jpeg

42793FA1-FA26-49BA-8591-D70FCB56C6BF.jpeg

7537A4CF-30CC-41E2-B467-8BA32D63AC22.jpeg

477933F8-42F1-45C3-9A37-F62F7208048F.jpeg

2C445FA9-50D5-422D-976F-61B7606396B9.jpeg
Thanks for the great recap! I'm looking at getting registered in New Hampshire and was interested to know how you were assigned a Bronco. Do they match you with something similar to what you have on order?

Another poster for another location indicated he got quite a discount for the delays, though the registration page doesn't indicate that. Are these discounts applied during checkout?

Thanks, again, for sharing your experience!!

r21free

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So can you sell your Bronco Off-Roadeo pass .I have no intrest in going!

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Br BD, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I fell in love with sway-disconnect and the one-peddle.
I drove a automatic one day and then a manual the next day (Horseshoe Bay / Austin). I did *not* fall in love with one pedal driving, because the manual in 4L, first or crawler, is practically the same thing and I preferred the manual.

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did the Austin Off Roadeo a couple of weeks ago. I don't know about NH but I would highly recommend splurging for the insurance if it's anything like Texas. Some of this stuff is pretty challenging and I wouldn't be surprised to see someone bend something. I can only imagine what repairs would cost.

There were lots of couples at the event I attended. There were only 3 of us that were singles. Now the wife wants us to do NH so she can drive. I'd do it in a heartbeat if Ford lets us book it.
I also did Horseshoe Bay / Austin. I didn't get the insurance. Not worth it, in my opinion; I made the right choice for me. Just do what the instructors say. The Bronco can handle it.

Highly concur about bringing your significant other to the event!

Sponsored

CJSOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Have never off roaded, just booked the NH Roadeo for 10/11. Any insight if they can take things back to basic levels? Timing is just right as I should take delivery of my 4 Dr/2.7/Lux/Non-Sasquatch OBX Big Bronco in mid / late October. Figured this would get me familiar with the truck quickly.

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m planning on going on the Sep 25th. Anyone else going?

bloominguez

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have never off roaded, just booked the NH Roadeo for 10/11. Any insight if they can take things back to basic levels? ... Figured this would get me familiar with the truck quickly.
Non-issue. They explain things well. And the Broncos make things easy. You'll be fine. Perfect way to get familiar with the Bronco.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had my off-roadeo experience on Saturday over the Labor Day weekend and it blew me away how capable the Bronco is and the terrain they allowed us to cover. The guides were great and the experience reinvigorated my enthusiasm for the Bronco. Everything about the event was well thought out.

mjbk12

Badlands
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So question I have is, weā€™re all the Broncos either Sasquatchā€™d or a Badlands? None with the standard suspension and tire/wheels combo. Would like to know how capable the stock non-sas models are.
I drove a badlands non sasquatched. It was tge only one there not on 35s in my group. Handled everything they threw at the rig, only issue it had was some of tge preset rock areas needed a few rocks set in place to even out the grade. Sane as you'd find on a real trail.
Sponsored