Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Big question I want to see and hopefully there are more leaks is. Has it been confirmed yet if the bronco raptor is using the f150 raptor live valve fox shocks. If so you can get them cheap new take offs. You'd need two front sets. It also depends on top hat height too.
There's been a few posts about that in the past few days.
Live shocks require a whole host of chassis and suspension sensors and control modules to operate.
Whether or not they make all of that as stand alone, I have no idea.
This is only what I have read here at 6G .... if it's wrong, I'm up for learning, school us!
Sponsored

Evenflo1

Badlands
First Name
Edson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 fx4 ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's been a few posts about that in the past few days.
Live shocks require a whole host of chassis and suspension sensors and control modules to operate.
Whether or not they make all of that as stand alone, I have no idea.
This is only what I have read here at 6G .... if it's wrong, I'm up for learning, school us!
I was under the impression the the bilestein shocks were also a form of live valve themselves just to a lesser degree, but if that wouldn't be the case the only difference between 2017 f150 raptor and 2019 f150 live valve raptor are that the live valve. Both use a 2.5 coilover so still an option. I've purchased 3 pairs nearly mint for cheap I mean cheap

Screenshot_20210702-175642_OfferUp.jpg

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was under the impression the the bilestein shocks were also a form of live valve themselves just to a lesser degree, but if that wouldn't be the case the only difference between 2017 f150 raptor and 2019 f150 live valve raptor are that the live valve. Both use a 2.5 coilover so still an option. I've purchased 3 pairs nearly mint for cheap I mean cheap
The Bilstien shocks are not a Live Valve. They are a stand alone position sensitive shock absorber.
Live Valve shocks from Fox are position sensitive and have solenoids at the reservoir ports. They are opened and closed to either soften or stiffen the valve circuit, by a control module (embedded in the ECU?) based on the suspension position. Suspension position is fed to the module by sensors at the suspension.

It would be a nightmare to retrofit the controls to a non-OEM equiped vehicle. That said, they would likely still work as the "un-powered" position of the solenoids would be wide open (or should be for fail-safe logic).

BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do the squatch coilovers use the same tophats and hardware as the base (black) suspension?
A little harder for DIY at home, but just wondering if I can disassemble the black coilovers and use the hardware to assemble the squatch coilovers. With a proper press of course.

Are these even available if ordered?

Did we get answer to this one? I am looking at ordering the Sasquatch Bilsteins and springs for my base Black Diamond.

Sponsored

BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@Bigmoose i decided to take the plunge and try this out. I have a 4D BD Manual. Found a vin from a 4D Black Diamond Sasquatch with the 2.3L and got the spring part numbers for front and rear. I asked the parts department if the top hat assembly was different between my standard BD VIN and the sasquatch VIN and they said it appeared to be the same. So I ordered 4 new Springs and 4 Bilsteins from Sunrise Ford. We'll see how long it takes to arrive. Plan is to swap out the top hat hardware from mine to the new set up and then Install.

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Bigmoose i decided to take the plunge and try this out. I have a 4D BD Manual. Found a vin from a 4D Black Diamond Sasquatch with the 2.3L and got the spring part numbers for front and rear. I asked the parts department if the top hat assembly was different between my standard BD VIN and the sasquatch VIN and they said it appeared to be the same. So I ordered 4 new Springs and 4 Bilsteins from Sunrise Ford. We'll see how long it takes to arrive. Plan is to swap out the top hat hardware from mine to the new set up and then Install.
This is exact setup I'm wanting to do. So glad I found you. Can we talk? Not sure how we do that on here. Mainly parts number for springs and shocks. And do we need new bump stops since the Squatch has more travel?

OP
OP
Bigmoose

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BaseBD any updates? Or are you still waiting for the parts?

Can you post the spring part numbers you ordered for reference?

BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@BaseBD any updates? Or are you still waiting for the parts?

Can you post the spring part numbers you ordered for reference?
@Bigmoose I am still waiting on parts. They said the shocks have arrives. Waiting on the springs. I attached a photo of what I ordered. The spring part numbers are for a BD Sasquatch with the 2.3 and base option package. One additional thing I found is that the protection bellows/bumpers have a different part number between the Hitachi and Bilsteins. Unfortunately those are on "indefinite" backorder so they canceled my order for those. My current plan it to see if the stock ones fit. I have not been able to find and documentation as to what the differences are between the two.

Screenshot_20210919-152704_Gmail.jpg

Bronconius

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ford Lighting
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@Bigmoose I am still waiting on parts. They said the shocks have arrives. Waiting on the springs. I attached a photo of what I ordered. The spring part numbers are for a BD Sasquatch with the 2.3 and base option package. One additional thing I found is that the protection bellows/bumpers have a different part number between the Hitachi and Bilsteins. Unfortunately those are on "indefinite" backorder so they canceled my order for those. My current plan it to see if the stock ones fit. I have not been able to find and documentation as to what the differences are between the two.

Ford Bronco Bronco Sasquatch suspension parts (shocks & springs) price quoted at $1300 from dealer parts department Screenshot_20210919-152704_Gmail
Thanks for sharing this information as I’m of a similar mind.

Sponsored

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thank you for taking the plunge!

From North7's chart, it states "Spring p/n selection is by trim level and powertrain combination". If I am reading that correctly, a 4 door BD with 2.3AT non-sas should have the same spring part number as a 4 door BD 2.3AT Sas, no? In other words, we really only need to order the shocks, right? That also means from your 2.3MT, if you simply install sas shocks, you would end up with what a BD mansquatch suspension would have been, no?

Are you able to check your stock non-sas springs to see if the part number matches what you obtained using the Sas BD VIN?

Thank you!!!

BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thank you for taking the plunge!

From North7's chart, it states "Spring p/n selection is by trim level and powertrain combination". If I am reading that correctly, a 4 door BD with 2.3AT non-sas should have the same spring part number as a 4 door BD 2.3AT Sas, no? In other words, we really only need to order the shocks, right? That also means from your 2.3MT, if you simply install sas shocks, you would end up with what a BD mansquatch suspension would have been, no?

Are you able to check your stock non-sas springs to see if the part number matches what you obtained using the Sas BD VIN?

Thank you!!!
@peta8368 that was my original thought but after working it out with @North7, he showed me the spring perches are drastically different on the bottom. The coils are also shaped quite differently. They do come together the same at the top though. I was able to get shock and spring diagrams from @flip to verify the top of the shocks are the same. The bumpers/stops have different PN's but gonna have to roll with it now. The sasquatch bumpers/stops are not availible to order right now.

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@peta8368 that was my original thought but after working it out with @North7, he showed me the spring perches are drastically different on the bottom. The coils are also shaped quite differently. They do come together the same at the top though. I was able to get shock and spring diagrams from @flip to verify the top of the shocks are the same. The bumpers/stops have different PN's but gonna have to roll with it now. The sasquatch bumpers/stops are not availible to order right now.
Got it! Thanks!!

OP
OP
Bigmoose

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BaseBD just checking in for updates. I'm looking forward to see how this works out.

Did your parts department figure out the spring code? Have you seen the parts breakdown diagram somewhere or is that only accessible by the parts guy?

BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@BaseBD just checking in for updates. I'm looking forward to see how this works out.

Did your parts department figure out the spring code? Have you seen the parts breakdown diagram somewhere or is that only accessible by the parts guy?
@Bigmoose I got the springs and shocks. And I got the rears installed. Went pretty smooth. I used the bumper/dust guard from the Hitachi and it will get the job done. The Bilstein must have a slightly smaller diameter shock shaft as the bumper isn't quite as snug on it.

Overall the shocks appear about the same length but the perch on the Bilstein sits higher. Springs also are the same height but wound a little different. Once I got them install the rear came up about 1.1-1.25".

My spring compressor is not strong enough to compress the front bilstein springs so I am bringing those into a shop to get done. My appointment is on Friday.

20211006_181816.jpg

20211006_181820.jpg

20211006_181825.jpg

20211006_181855.jpg

20211006_185508.jpg

20211006_185514.jpg
Sponsored