First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There will be no way to secure it unless you rig up something.

Sponsored

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Motors are to be heard not seen keep your bonnet closed.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't understand why anyone would want that dumb cheap piece of plastic sitting there doing nothing.
can help muffle the ticking from direct injectors that most people find annoying.

Chuck_Ruck

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Wrangler, Eldorado, Harley, Triumph
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why?!

“Can I see your Ford eco-boost?”, said no one ever. :D

I would think that unless you have an exotic or a muscle car, no one wants to see your engine… cover or no cover.:)
Engine noise & heat. The underside of these covers have a sound & heat insulator. You dont bake your hood, and you dont hear the engine as much while driving or at idle when stopped.
The wife's wrangler has valve tick, and it made my eye twitch before, but that stupid cover keeps you from raging on other drivers.

Sponsored
OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So many people have complained about the ugly engine bay, I thought this might tidy things up. Seems to be some pushback that this traps heat and causes the engine to run hotter. I figured it was removed as a cost-cutting procedure but perhaps it is a performance issue. I think 2019 was the last year F150 used the cover.

jvece121

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150 SuperCrew 5.0 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So here it is - I purchased a new new F-150 cover and two studs to mount it.. The holes in the cover line up perfectly with the tapped holes in the manifold for the studs. The cover itself fits but did require me to trim away some of the plastic on each side to clear the turbo plumbing and wiring on the Bronco. It is currently mounted with just two studs but there is what appears to be some type of clip needed for the center in the rear - I'll have to research that a bit more. I mounted a cheap Bronco emblem on the front of the cover that I found on FB. I might remove the cover and paint it to make it look a bit better. Total cost for everything was about $65. took about 45 mins to trim and mount it.

eng1.jpg

eng2.jpg

eng3.jpg

OP
OP
bytheway

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So here it is - I purchased a new new F-150 cover and two studs to mount it.. The holes in the cover line up perfectly with the tapped holes in the manifold for the studs. The cover itself fits but did require me to trim away some of the plastic on each side to clear the turbo plumbing and wiring on the Bronco. It is currently mounted with just two studs but there is what appears to be some type of clip needed for the center in the rear - I'll have to research that a bit more. I mounted a cheap Bronco emblem on the front of the cover that I found on FB. I might remove the cover and paint it to make it look a bit better. Total cost for everything was about $65. took about 45 mins to trim and mount it.

Ford Bronco 2.7L Engine Cover? eng3

I think I like it. Appreciate you being the guinea pig.

BroncoBilly22

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota Land Cruiser 200 series & 2022 TESLA Y
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like it jvece121
It's definitely an option and place for people to start. I don't think most people care about how the engine bay looks since they never open the hood. Just curious if the cover helps with sound deadening? Does that cover have any sound deadening material on the underside?

Someone will run with this already modified to fit perfectly with sound deadening and add a Bronco logo to the top like you have. Only they will cost 3 times as much! Flip side is people will have their cover a year before their Bronco arrives. :(

My Toyota Land Cruiser has a simple Engine cover with insulation and it helps keep the engine bay looking neat and clean. I wipe down my engine bay as part of my regular maintenance and It's look like crap with out the plastic cover. My 2 Cents

IMG_1348.jpg

Last edited: