First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
so the 2 outer lights are on one switch? which switch? 5 or 6?

And I assume the amber is on the other switch? Amber looks to be fog lights?

I finally got to install my @Baja Designs bumper pocket fog light kit this. morning. Everything was super easy except loosening the T40 screws on the underside of the bumper. Luckily, my Ford Dealer was super excited to see a 1st Edition roll up in the service bay and they graciously loosened the screws for me. It looked like they were painted with the bumper and it took two technicians to loosen so they didn't strip the screws, but they got them out! That's really the only issue I had.

Everything on this kit was super straightforward and easy. I wired the SAE lights to Aux 6 since it's easy to flip while driving and put the spots on Aux 5. Again, the upfitter option was so easy it actually makes me want to add more accessories!! Such a great feature on this Bronco. We tied the extra wire to the crash bar to ensure it was out of the way of the front wheel as well as keeping wires invisible. There's also plenty of space under the hood to tie off the extra wires without getting in the way.

All in all, I 'm super pleased with both the function, look, and ease of install with these Fog Lights.

IMG_2576.jpg
IMG_2568.jpg
IMG_2567.jpg
IMG_2566.jpg
IMG_2569.jpg

We ran the wire from the px side in front of the bumper using the skid plate connection point as a reference (coat hanger helps here!!)

IMG_2570.jpg

Kept the extra wires in front of the wheel well to prevent any rubbing. The top of the crash bar has holes that you can zip tie to.

IMG_2571.jpg

Plenty of space to drop the wires down to get to your fog light pocket (again, coat hanger helps!!!)

IMG_2572.jpg

Easy tuck in of extra wire by battery. No heat or moving parts here.

IMG_2573.jpg

Again - so easy and happy to have these upfitter wires just ready for you. Grounding points here as well.

IMG_2575.jpg
Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So that's what it looks like when I am driving home at night 😂
A couple of years ago rather than opting for new headlights in my JK I just threw in new OPT-7 bulbs.... I get flashed at least once or twice a week... I bet the other person is like "oh man turn off your brights... (then I flash them) OH GAWD MY EYES!"

Obviously not Baja but OPT-7 makes some bright stuff.

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

:sick: :sick: :sick: Just looked at the price of this... how about a huge nope.

OP
OP
PizzaMan

PizzaMan

First Edition
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 FE Cactus Gray; '22 GMC Yukon AT4;
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

so the 2 outer lights are on one switch? which switch? 5 or 6?

And I assume the amber is on the other switch? Amber looks to be fog lights?
Correct. For me, I put Fogs on Aux 6 since it’s all the way to the right. Easy flip. The 2 whites are not for public roads due to the brightness and I put them on Aux 5. I’d intentionally need to flip them on. At least that’s my thought process.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There’s also a discount for Baja on this forum. I got 10% off. Without Diode Having a bracket, I didn’t like the way their solution looks.
Baja Designs discount code is usually 10% off MSRP. We list Baja Designs on our site for 10% off MSRP everyday (and we ship free over $99).

We offer some great discounts if you PM us though on Baja Designs kits. Diode Dynamics has a 15% off sale right now through the 10th (discounts are on our site for that as well).

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve seen other threads with people saying the brackets aren’t sold by themselves…you should probably call them to get in writing that they can sell the brackets later, without buying the whole kit.
Ya they don't know what's going on. Have been told 3 different things. Now it will be one ss3 and 2 ss2. My order shipped but will be returning it. They said black Friday will be next sale.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just ordered the BD Fog kit with Upfitter harness from 4x4 for my Badlands - my plan is to likely use two switches - one for the SAE fogs, the other for the spot and driving/cornering combo. But for the fog lights, I saw a suggestion by a member for using a relay that would trigger the fog lights on with the lights, but "off" when you go to High beams, thus allowing me to leave the upfitter switch on except for when I actually want to turn them off completely.

I'm going to have to play around to see if this is actually possible when I get my hands on it, or if anyone else tries this, please let us all know if this is possible (without getting a factory light switch for the dash). Thanks!

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just ordered the BD Fog kit with Upfitter harness from 4x4 for my Badlands - my plan is to likely use two switches - one for the SAE fogs, the other for the spot and driving/cornering combo. But for the fog lights, I saw a suggestion by a member for using a relay that would trigger the fog lights on with the lights, but "off" when you go to High beams, thus allowing me to leave the upfitter switch on except for when I actually want to turn them off completely.

I'm going to have to play around to see if this is actually possible when I get my hands on it, or if anyone else tries this, please let us all know if this is possible (without getting a factory light switch for the dash). Thanks!
My rigid pods are set up like that. On with dim off with brights. I can turn them off with factory fog switch. My installer built a high amp relay.

FB_IMG_1623711536038.jpg

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm going to get them too and hope there not up side down lol

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These are sick. Will be my first purchase and from @4x4TruckLEDs.com Do you guys think they will be on further discount on black Friday @4x4TruckLEDs.com ?
Well Baja Designs doesn't ever discount things, even at Black Friday. The last few years they did a money back rebate where you could earn money back on purchases. Raptor folks cleaned up well since they got $50 per pair of lights back and on the Raptors, we offer triple fog kits also. It was a VERY nice rebate.

This year we're not sure what the plan is. Baja has not released any details.

With that said, keep your eyes peeled here and on our FB Page. We've got something in the works for the Bronco owners :)

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

There’s only one way they can mount and the faceplate was installed upside down from the factory. I didn’t want to try and flip it in case they were sealed some how. I also didn’t think you’d see that except in my pictures 😂.
Where did you get your kit from out of curiosity? Because as pointed out, the lights are upside down... at least the Bezels/Lenses are. Which is odd.

So if you got these direct from Baja Designs, chances are they grabbed S2/Squadrons from a RAPTOR kit (or that they have on the side for Raptors) and put those with your kit.

See on a Ford Raptor, the lights hang up-side down from the bracket, so Baja has to flip the lenses/bezels. On their Bronco kit, their bracket is big and designed to have the lights sit right side up. SOO i'm thinking they just grabbed the wrong lights was all.

You can certainly flip them. That's what Baja is great about. They call it "U-Service" where you can flip the bezels/lenses and replace bezels/lenses whenever you want (we stock every lens/bezel they make).

One thing we did with the Raptors was we manufactured our own mounting brackets for the S2/Squadrons. It's similar to the small Baja bracket, only longer. So they can hang right-side up:

Here is what they look like when they hang on a Raptor using our extensions:

Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit 1631147797342

Just food for thought of course.

Correct. For me, I put Fogs on Aux 6 since it’s all the way to the right. Easy flip. The 2 whites are not for public roads due to the brightness and I put them on Aux 5. I’d intentionally need to flip them on. At least that’s my thought process.
Hey if you ever want to control each pair of lights from it's own switch, grab our harness here:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...rness-w-weather-pack-connectors-baja-designs/

Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit 1631148161939

Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit 1631148166690

Ford Bronco Photos: Installed Aftermarket Baja Designs Bumper Pocket Fog Light Kit 1631148171080

It's an all-in-one harness that's really slick (less wires all over) and each pair of lights will be operated from their own upfitter. So 3 upfitters to control 3 lights.

Last edited:

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The exact setup I want for my Basesquatch, whenever the heck I get it. Saving this thread for sure!

OP
OP
PizzaMan

PizzaMan

First Edition
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 FE Cactus Gray; '22 GMC Yukon AT4;
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Where did you get your kit from out of curiosity? Because as pointed out, the lights are upside down... at least the Bezels/Lenses are. Which is odd.

So if you got these direct from Baja Designs, chances are they grabbed S2/Squadrons from a RAPTOR kit (or that they have on the side for Raptors) and put those with your kit.

See on a Ford Raptor, the lights hang up-side down from the bracket, so Baja has to flip the lenses/bezels. On their Bronco kit, their bracket is big and designed to have the lights sit right side up. SOO i'm thinking they just grabbed the wrong lights was all.

You can certainly flip them. That's what Baja is great about. They call it "U-Service" where you can flip the bezels/lenses and replace bezels/lenses whenever you want (we stock every lens/bezel they make).

One thing we did with the Raptors was we manufactured our own mounting brackets for the S2/Squadrons. It's similar to the small Baja bracket, only longer. So they can hang right-side up:

Here is what they look like when they hang on a Raptor using our extensions:

1631147797342.png

Just food for thought of course.

Hey if you ever want to control each pair of lights from it's own switch, grab our harness here:

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crysta...rness-w-weather-pack-connectors-baja-designs/

1631148161939.png

1631148166690.png

1631148171080.png

It's an all-in-one harness that's really slick (less wires all over) and each pair of lights will be operated from their own upfitter. So 3 upfitters to control 3 lights.
Very interesting! I bought directly from Baja Designs. It still said “Pre-Order” when I purchased so I was pleasantly surprised when they shipped right away. You’re probably right about the Raptor kit because they also forgot the washer/nuts needed to mount them to the bracket.

When I called Baja, they let me know that some kits went out the door mistakenly without those parts. I asked the tech (who was very helpful) if I could just go to my local hardware store and get them and he gave me the exact thing to get. A couple of bucks later and my impatient self had the lights installed!!

So that makes sense why the faceplates are upside down!!

Appreciate the suggestion on controlling each light!! I didn’t know that was an option!! Great stuff!
Sponsored

Last edited: