First Name
Tarikh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Town and country
Your Bronco Model
Base
I repair high-end vehicles (Porsche, Lambos, BMW, Mercedes, etc.) Those little "appliques" are frequently glued on or double sided taped on from the factory. I will reglue or retape them back on. But, if it's a part you really want to stay on, and you're not worried about having to take it back off for any reason, I would use windshield glue that you can buy at any auto part store. Don't use too much, and after putting the part back on, tape the part to the vehicle so it stays in place while drying.
It won't fall off again. Trust me.
Good advice I’m going have them do it. I mean come on Ford. I’m just warning you guys for when you get your Bronco. It’s another one on the other side.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HypebeastDad

HypebeastDad

Base
First Name
Tarikh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Town and country
Your Bronco Model
Base
Uou
On a brighter note, I bet your 35s and those sweet bronze wheels were getting quite A few compliments and double takes
you ain’t never lied I parked right in front I wish I could stay all four days. I’m just going back tomorrow. Then back to Work.

Reactions: Rpm

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford wasn’t lying when they said the bronco is modular!

BroncoAgain

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Take the one off the other side and forget about them. All they will do is hold dust and mud. Then rust. Did you get a CEL when it fell off,,,,LOL>

Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d be f****n pissed if this happened.

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Besides this piece falling off, I’m having a great time. Guys check this part as I feel it’s going be a failure point. I seen another Bronco who had issues with this part also. I’ll call my dealer tomorrow to see how they will fix this.

C2296B7C-0750-4B2D-88AC-376B04EFE0F3.jpeg

09CD15CE-60EB-40D1-AA63-F852BEA2BB80.jpeg

D79B0A4E-1F28-477E-9424-6F3FAC27AC79.jpeg
Mine seems sturdy I like your watch

SD_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hetal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 4Runner (Sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s a feature. Continuous improvement, auto weight shedding. Better fuel economy and power to weight ratio. Win win I’d say

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bummer but good to know that it's something to look out for, if that falls off while driving I'm sure it'll take a good while to get a new one right now.
I'd also wait with glue, take it to the service dept. Who knows if that thing needs to pulled off to do some work on the lights or what. Good luck!

Skeech

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got my hammock just last week. day 1 rsvp and January 2021 order.

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Besides this piece falling off, I’m having a great time. Guys check this part as I feel it’s going be a failure point. I seen another Bronco who had issues with this part also. I’ll call my dealer tomorrow to see how they will fix this.

Being that this is on the entry side of the tailgate, it is likely to be a part that takes some impacts every now and then while loading/unloading gear. Especially for those situations when you find out that ;"I guess that this

won't fit in the back."
It appears that the factory used five points of glue to attach this piece and the adhesive simply did not hold. They will likely glue it back in place, but it could come loose again if it is due to bumping it from time to time. An adhesive that does not fully harden should be used.
It may be a better fix to use some double-sided foam backed tape if there is space. That would allow for some movement if it gets bumped.
I am surprised that Ford didn't use some type of body clip on this part.

OU812

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Exlporer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Being that this is on the entry side of the tailgate, it is likely to be a part that takes some impacts every now and then while loading/unloading gear. Especially for those situations when you find out that ;"I guess that this won't fit in the back."
It appears that the factory used five points of glue to attach this piece and the adhesive simply did not hold. They will likely glue it back in place, but it could come loose again if it is due to bumping it from time to time. An adhesive that does not fully harden should be used.
It may be a better fix to use some double-sided foam backed tape if there is space. That would allow for some movement if it gets bumped.
I am surprised that Ford didn't use some type of body clip on this part.
Yep. Exactly what I thought when I saw the piece that came off. I'd use the trim tape approach to reattach.

JZZ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah but that shouldn’t happen this is a design flaw.
OMG people I’m not a rock crawler or a mudder anymore but I understand that when off roading things break as you are essentially abusing it heck in my youth CJ5 days I would wake up to go to work and be missing mirrors, broken headlights and flat tires and look at as the cost of having too much fun
Sponsored