First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a Ford employee in the FB group who has been giving production updates. He stated that they are working day and night to replace the MIC tops on the Dirt Mountain Broncos. Also said the day shift crew is staying overtime to help out. The replacements are all being done in the MOD center which is next to MAP and there should be no production interruption of new Broncos being produced. Once the roof changes are done at the MOD center they are taken back to MAP and the go through the whole final testing and inspection process again before they are released to shipment. So those of you worried about quality issues from sitting at Dirt Mountain for months can rest easy.

I know a lot of people with 9/13-9/30 build weeks have been pushed back, but he said new production will still be going full steam ahead.
Sponsored

Sponsored

CMU_Chip

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wonder if they are really following a protocol of FIFO or are they having to work through all the last builds to get to our early dirt mountain builds.

OP
OP
threeonone

threeonone

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if they are really following a protocol of FIFO or are they having to work through all the last builds to get to our early dirt mountain builds.
He said he doesn't know which vehicles are coming in. It a 3rd party that transports the vehicles back and forth to the plant.

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has he given any indication of how many they're getting through each day?

Sponsored

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are the rear quarter windows removed from the defective top and installed in the MIC 2.0?

That is the part that scares me the most about having my dealer perform. What are the instruction procedures? RTV? Peel off headliner/felt reinstall?

fraserjr

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He said yes. 2 door roofs are being replaced from Dirt Mountain as well.
Any idea if those being built this week and next week are getting the MIC 2.0 tops? My FE is scheduled for Friday and my Badlands is/was supposed to be next week. Although it may have gotten pushed by now.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

9/13 build week here... And you say 9/13 thru 9/30 being pushed back but not affecting production? Kind of sounds like it is if these dates are being pushed.
Still hoping for a window sticker this week but losing faith. Maybe time for Ford to lower their production numbers yet again.

I get the feeling that alot who switched to soft top (due to need or desire for a sooner build) might not have done so if it wasn't going to help anyways, and would've just rolled the dice with the desired hard top. Just a thought.
Any idea if those being built this week and next week are getting the MIC 2.0 tops? My FE is scheduled for Friday and my Badlands is/was supposed to be next week. Although it may have gotten pushed by now.
yes