First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's why it will be hard to trust these vehicles out in the middle of no where.:unsure:
Well with any vehicle, even my usually very reliable F-150, after you have done any work or built it, you have to have a proper shakedown run... Which reminds me, I need to double check the torque on the water pump pulley bolts later today.

The only real exception to that is top fuel race car engines which don't last long enough between teardowns to get a proper shakedown. That's an unforgiving sport with regards to the engine, because if it's not right, it is going blow 1/2 way down the track.

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What are the risks of taking it with the new engine? Would the lemon law aspects start over and would you lose the buy back opportunity?

If the lemon law/buy back aspects don't reset, no risk on your end of taking it with the new engine and seeing how it works... but would definitely ask for reimbursement of extended warranty as compensation.

If there is a reset on the lemon law/buy back... I would probably take no less than 100% refund PLUS your spot back in line for a 2022. The risk you run for taking the buy back is having to wait another year plus for a 2022 if they don't prioritize you for 2022 seeing how reservations are not being taken at the moment.

94Bravo

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150, 2014 Lexus IS350, 2008 Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well with any vehicle, even my usually very reliable F-150, after you have done any work or built it, you have to have a proper shakedown run... Which reminds me, I need to double check the torque on the water pump pulley bolts later today.

The only real exception to that is top fuel race car engines which don't last long enough between teardowns to get a proper shakedown. That's an unforgiving sport with regards to the engine, because if it's not right, it is going blow 1/2 way down the track.
I know that's right!

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am hoping they will offer me a replacement that hasn't been torn apart, but if not, I will likely just take it back and hope the value is not too diminished. Any opinions on this? Should I push for a replacement? Just sell it back to them and walk away? Keep it and hope for the best?
A replacement Bronco? Where’s that coming from? Will be just like yours in color and trim and new? If so, take that.

The value on yours is diminished, I’d say. It has spent over a month in the hands of Ford trying to figure out what is wrong with it. I wouldn’t want to inherit that problem and most buyers wouldn’t, either.

Selling it back to Ford should be the last option since the drivetrain is under warranty and extended warranty; just let them keep dumping money into fixing it until their offer is exactly what you want.

And get a loaner. That’s ridiculous. Why would you not get a loaner in this situation? Did you decline or something? I’m not surprised that it takes a while to diagnosis a new model but this isn’t how I’d expect things to be handled if the drivetrain fails in a brand new Ford truck.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are the risks of taking it with the new engine? Would the lemon law aspects start over and would you lose the buy back opportunity?

If there is a reset on the lemon law/buy back... I would probably take no less than 100% refund PLUS your spot back in line for a 2022. The risk you run for taking the buy back is having to wait another year plus for a 2022 if they don't prioritize you for 2022 seeing how reservations are not being taken at the moment.
Well, there are a few ways to get into lemon law territory. One is multiple trips to the dealer for the same issue. Another is being out of service for over 30 days. That's where I am, so I think if I take it back, the 30 day clock would reset, but would still be able to file if it has to go back for the same issue a few more times. As for my place in line, I still have a reservation I could use.

A replacement Bronco? Where’s that coming from? Will be just like yours in color and trim and new? If so, take that.
I would take a different color at this point if I had to. I'd even be happy with a priority order spot. It's a 4-door soft top. Shouldn't be too hard to get one of those. In the beginning, I was planning on driving this one for a year and half or so and ordering a mansquatch when/if they become available. Not sure what I'll do now.

dwfern

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, there are a few ways to get into lemon law territory. One is multiple trips to the dealer for the same issue. Another is being out of service for over 30 days. That's where I am, so I think if I take it back, the 30 day clock would reset, but would still be able to file if it has to go back for the same issue a few more times. As for my place in line, I still have a reservation I could use.
With a reservation still in hand, I think you are in the perfect situation honestly.

You have a spot in line to get what you really want ManSquatch... and in the mean time you can take your existing with a new engine with full factory and extended warranty knowing you will sell in a year. Don't think you will have a problem selling it even with a new engine as the market will still be hot for them and the extended warranty is transferrable.

Only down side I see is the hassle and time if the new engine doesn't solve the problem... but in that case I would hope you would be taken care of.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think it's because Broncos have a LOT of problems and they have their hands full right now.
If you spend ANY time on this forum...you realize that the tiny sliver of Bronco owners represented here are experiencing a SHIT TON of problems.

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you spend ANY time on this forum...you realize that the tiny sliver of Bronco owners represented here are experiencing a SHIT TON of problems.
Yes, the problems are many. The vehicle is basically awesome, but there are a significant number of details to be worked out.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes, the problems are many.
I'd guess the mechanics are fairly sound...though you have issues like the swing gate stop being cheap plastic with an extremely short life.

I'm not a math expert, but once you have 300 sensors in a vehicle , assuming each is binary, there are 90,000 permutations for settings - some appear to be poison pills. With mechanics, you can do PM to mitigate risk...unfortunately with tech, you're just rolling the dice.

Sponsored

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
But also if you've spent time on any vehicle forum, ever, you realize that you only hear about problems, not people that are out enjoying them problem-free in the wild. I understand that there are only a few hundred/thousand Broncos on the roads, but there haven't been serious issues that many people are confirming.

OP
OP
Rcarpen22

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On a different and much more positive note, my wife and I attended the Off-Rodeo in New Hampshire and it was awesome. The facilities were great, the program was definitely tailored to demonstrate the Bronco’s capabilities, and they really do let you loose (more than I expected). I was a bit disappointed that there were no manual equipped Broncos available to drive, but I understand the reasoning. I was pretty impressed with what the Bronco can do. I ended up in a Squatched Outer Banks, which was very capable, but was not equipped with rock rails. There were a few people in Badlands models that put the rock rails to use, so I was nervous a few times that I was going to eff up the pinch welds/rockers. They did assess the condition before and after so we could pay for any damage done. Fortunately I made it out with no additional damage (there was already a nice ding in the rocker before I started!). Here are some pics. Edit: before anyone asks, the 2-doors were not available for us to use. They only had two of them and they were both being used for something else the day we were there.

Ford Bronco Drivetrain Failure in Bronco Badlands 2.3 Back with new engine after 4 months 8A6EC185-549C-4145-829D-9048BD140630
Ford Bronco Drivetrain Failure in Bronco Badlands 2.3 Back with new engine after 4 months E7506F17-E030-4042-932C-D75AEB0653F5
Ford Bronco Drivetrain Failure in Bronco Badlands 2.3 Back with new engine after 4 months 929C3A3D-8495-4AD7-8958-627F86B443A7
Ford Bronco Drivetrain Failure in Bronco Badlands 2.3 Back with new engine after 4 months 503DA31A-6AB5-457A-8395-51016E216721
Ford Bronco Drivetrain Failure in Bronco Badlands 2.3 Back with new engine after 4 months DD834418-25F7-48A8-A1D8-7A9B572DE89F
Ford Bronco Drivetrain Failure in Bronco Badlands 2.3 Back with new engine after 4 months 7E554364-BF2C-4854-B0FD-7C32A119CAC6
Ford Bronco Drivetrain Failure in Bronco Badlands 2.3 Back with new engine after 4 months 5DE68000-9B4C-410B-AAB2-6B21770541A1
Ford Bronco Drivetrain Failure in Bronco Badlands 2.3 Back with new engine after 4 months 226CC3F4-2352-4030-8A57-C67D5F72F760
Ford Bronco Drivetrain Failure in Bronco Badlands 2.3 Back with new engine after 4 months 0B612B7D-BE13-4B64-A657-A8EEAC41901C
Ford Bronco Drivetrain Failure in Bronco Badlands 2.3 Back with new engine after 4 months C46877AF-535D-46B9-8CF7-20284CFBCE5C
Ford Bronco Drivetrain Failure in Bronco Badlands 2.3 Back with new engine after 4 months 45BE773D-2304-465C-A5A4-AC86D282377E
Ford Bronco Drivetrain Failure in Bronco Badlands 2.3 Back with new engine after 4 months BD557B78-C48E-4720-9321-DC6ABA117935
Ford Bronco Drivetrain Failure in Bronco Badlands 2.3 Back with new engine after 4 months 4FDF3441-CDF6-4FB1-8AD3-CF18A4202AA2

Ford Bronco Drivetrain Failure in Bronco Badlands 2.3 Back with new engine after 4 months 7A6EE817-859B-4B91-9011-A4C3D61B8B92

Ford Bronco Drivetrain Failure in Bronco Badlands 2.3 Back with new engine after 4 months 93188355-9726-47EB-A409-A652CD8DA2CB

Ford Bronco Drivetrain Failure in Bronco Badlands 2.3 Back with new engine after 4 months 4AB1BE4D-B054-4187-8736-C2279886EF5C

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, the problems are many. The vehicle is basically awesome, but there are a significant number of details to be worked out.
Theres your sign… let them buy it back. Good luck .

Mr_Scoutmaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands / '22 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would have to agree that we tend to hear only the problems more vocally with an engaged and thoughtful group like this.

Also just an observation from OffRoadeo Texas - those Broncos are being BEAT TO SHIT all day, everyday for at least four months now and they were still kicking (no full-service ford auto tech shop on site that I was aware of, just light maintenance). I'm not sure my Bronco will experience in four years what those vehicles go through in a single week.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On a different and much more positive note, my wife and I attended the Off-Rodeo in New Hampshire and it was awesome. The facilities were great, the program was definitely tailored to demonstrate the Bronco’s capabilities, and they really do let you loose (more than I expected). I was a bit disappointed that there were no manual equipped Broncos available to drive, but I understand the reasoning. I was pretty impressed with what the Bronco can do. I ended up in a Squatched Outer Banks, which was very capable, but was not equipped with rock rails. There were a few people in Badlands models that put the rock rails to use, so I was nervous a few times that I was going to eff up the pinch welds/rockers. They did assess the condition before and after so we could pay for any damage done. Fortunately I made it out with no additional damage (there was already a nice ding in the rocker before I started!). Here are some pics. Edit: before anyone asks, the 2-doors were not available for us to use. They only had two of them and they were both being used for something else the day we were there.
To your knowledge, had they actually charged anyone for damage?

From what I've read about the other locations, it sounds like unless you do something really stupid that seriously damages the vehicle they weren't charging anyone. Certainly not for cosmetic scrapes and such.

Seems really odd that they'd pay special attention to damaging the rock rails. I mean, that's essentially their purpose.
Sponsored