Sponsored

Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active?

ILoveTacos

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Like many others, I ordered another vehicle while waiting. A Subaru Outback Wilderness. From ordering to receipt it took 3 weeks……..3 weeks.
F0452097-23DA-4905-BD2A-EDD0AF523EE9.jpeg
Nice color! How do you like it so far? I have a 2021 Outback Premium, wishing I had held out a bit longer I would have gotten the Wilderness model.

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes, 2020 Jeep JL, Unlimited Rubicon, 3.0 EcoDiesel…..4 wheeling in Colorado, UT on a weekly bases….now could not wait till next year…..will keep the Jeep once Badlands gets delivered…..

Badlands, 2.7, MIC, LUX, SAS, Leather, Tow…..Res within 5 hours of opening….

Brewdaddy

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler (Now sold - thanks Carvana)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nice color! How do you like it so far? I have a 2021 Outback Premium, wishing I had held out a bit longer I would have gotten the Wilderness model.
I love the vehicle. Has great power but have not had it very long to test it on longer drives. Certainly has an over-abundance of technology that takes some time to navigate and understand. And I love the interior fabric. My wife will likely take it when/if my Bronco is ever built. By that time I may just keep this instead.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bought a TJ in May, it was my "drive 'till the Bronco gets here next summer" vehicle.
Plans were to sell it then.
Bronco is now scheduled, surprise, surprise.
So the Jeep is up for sale (posted on the "for sale" section here, too).
I really actually hate to see it go.
It has been an absolute joy to drive all summer. No issues or breakdowns. Whoever did all the upgrade work did so very well.
My Daughter is quite unhappy, as she expected me to gift it on down to her, even though she doesn't know how to drive a manual yet. Yet.
And that Aptera is pretty cool stuff. Didn't even know they existed until today.

Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? on top of the slab

Ford Bronco Anyone else buying another vehicle for now and keeping their order active? rear frame

PavementQueen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For me, the writing was on the wall after the Bronco announcement July 2020.... So I bought a new Sierra AT4 in July 2020. At this point I surprisingly LOVE the truck. Born into a Ford family I always hated GM, but the ride quality is superior and the interior was more modern than the F150. I figured I'd buy it and trade it in for the bronco...but as it's paid off I'm likely to keep it and keep the Bronco low mileage in the stable.

94Bravo

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 F-150, 2014 Lexus IS350, 2008 Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
If I buy another vehicle it's because I am done with this disaster. Looking at 4Runners but....

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got (been on the lookout for awhile) a ‘97 Land Rover Discovery 1 in nice shape except faded paint and knackered suspension…….plan a 2” RTE lift, just got 5 used 32” wheel/tires (General Grabbers), sealed the sunroofs, deleted the rear seats…….will be our fishing and knockin’ about in the woods truck. My Defender has risen too far in value to use for that stuff anymore.…..<sigh>

Sponsored

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I wish I could lease something until my Wildtrak got delivered sometime in 22 but most leases are a 2 year contract and I don't wanna deal with trying to swap the lease to someone. I don't have any experience with leases so if someone reads this and knows a good way to get a short term variable lease, I'd love to know.

#Hopinandfindout

Wildtrak
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm a day 2 Wildtrak reservation and I'm probably going out and picking up another vehicle while waiting. I understand what's going on but this last round of delays put me over.

Figuring I'll wait until whenever my Bronco is in and decide what to do at that point. Anyone else going this route?
yes.. im also early reservation and early order... just bought the 2021 Audi Q5 Quattro sport if the Bronco comes in during the next 6 months I will decide what to do at that point.. in the meantime with my wife getting her new Audi I took over her Jeep

#Hopinandfindout

Wildtrak
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep / Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I wish I could lease something until my Wildtrak got delivered sometime in 22 but most leases are a 2 year contract and I don't wanna deal with trying to swap the lease to someone. I don't have any experience with leases so if someone reads this and knows a good way to get a short term variable lease, I'd love to know.
well if we would have leased when we made our reservation our two years would be up by the time we got our Broncos but Ford has just kept us dragging along waiting

H0pelessOpus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands; 2022 Maverick Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Four years ago when Ford announced the new Bronco I needed a vehicle to tide me over until the Broncos were delivered. So I bought a 4Runner Limited as a filler with no high expectations. Turns out that I really like the 4Runner WAY better than I thought I would. Only complaint is I would like to have a bit more power from the engine. But overall it’s been a great vehicle and very proficient off road for my needs. So now I’m trying to figure out what to do. I’m still liking the WT I have on order, but who knows when that will show up. I’ve been giving a hard look to a 110 Defender. Also considering just keeping the 4Runner (only has 14,000 miles on odometer) and installing a Magnuson supercharger. Maybe wait and see what the next gen 4Runner looks like. I recently rented an Explorer and it was super nice so maybe the Timberline, but only 2.3L engine. Would consider a nice F-150, but would be a tight fit in my garage. Really torn right now.
I pulled the trigger on a 22 Timberline and just got my preview notice today. I'm going to use it as guinea pig to see if I can live with the 2.3L here at altitude in CO.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I pulled the trigger on a 22 Timberline and just got my preview notice today. I'm going to use it as guinea pig to see if I can live with the 2.3L here at altitude in CO.
Congrats on your Timberline purchase! When will you take delivery? I’m still a bit undecided, but right now I’m leaning toward keeping both the 4Runner and the Wildtrak. I’d use the 4R as daily driver and the WT as hobby, weekend fun mobile. I spent last Friday at one of the Bronco Off Rodeo events and that really renewed my desire for the WT. Unfortunately, I reserved and ordered in March 2021, so I’m near the back of the line in getting a Bronco. That means I still have a year or more or waffling on what I want! Keep us informed on that Timberline! I really want to hear about it.
Sponsored