MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I typically put Katzkins in all my cars. It's a very noticeable upgrade over factory leather in most non-luxury cars (or the best option if you get a vehicle trim that doesn't offer leather). Looks good in the Bronco.

If you install Katzkin yourself (not really difficult if you pick up some hog rings and pliers), it's usually only about $1000 for a full vehicle kit. I bought Wet Okoles once and they were nearly that much (about $850 for front-and-rear on a Subaru Crosstrek). I hated the Wet Okoles. They stain easily, the outer layer separates from the neoprene foam after a while if you slide in and out on it, and they're super sweaty/swampy in the summer (not that katzkin leather isn't also, but leather doesn't "soak up" wetness and hold onto it like neoprene does).
Wow, they actually still use hog rings on interiors?
Sponsored

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Is there a solution for base steering wheels to get the steering wheel wrapped in leather?
Try Wheelskins.com. Very good quality leather. You can design your own color and if you want perforation you can get that. I've been using them for at least 12 years now even to cover original leather covers to protect them. They last a long time.

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Try Wheelskins.com. Very good quality leather. You can design your own color and if you want perforation you can get that. I've been using them for at least 12 years now even to cover original leather covers to protect them. They last a long time.
wheelskins is for sale might be a good opportunity to take over an established business you know people gonna need them some leather steering wheels only 250k wonder what is involved in making these wheels

Slyder

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 KTM 1290R
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do they offer an alcantara style seating surface instead of just leather? I wouldn’t mind leather bolsters, but I hate having my legs stick to leather seat surfaces.
They have an option called Suedezkin that would be similar, but it's colors are kind of limited.
Katzkin color chart

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am looking to do the same thing for my Wildtrack. I want to brown/tan that will match the Tan'ish dash. This looks good and cheaper than the factory.
Will it work with your heated seats?

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of the few aftermarket upgrades that don’t look like junk. I’d have to inspect it in person though. How are all of the seams against the seats, etc.? Does it really look as good as factory?

imnewtothis

Badlands
First Name
Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there actually a difference between the seats on all the trims? They all look similar to me…so I’m wondering even tho katzkin has the seats available for big bend…can’t we use them in any trim?

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks super nice! Do you know how much heated seats would add to the $1850 price?
The shopsar.com website has complete leather kits for Broncos starting at $995 and heated seats are $149 per seat as an add-on. Of course that is for do it yourselfers. They will recommend installers however.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow, they actually still use hog rings on interiors?
What did you expect to be used, zip ties or buttons?

It's a very efficient methodology for anchoring the seat material and also gives adjustability to tension fabrics so they sit flat.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What did you expect to be used, zip ties or buttons?

It's a very efficient methodology for anchoring the seat material and also gives adjustability to tension fabrics so they sit flat.
I have used hog rings on the interior of my classic cars, but I figured by now, other devices would have been created to lower cost and labor. I seem to recall Velcro being used on some upholstery in vehicles. Just amazed hog rings are still used. Using those manual hog ring pliers was tough on the hands for sure. No doubt they have mechanical assisted ones now.

fv9

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport, 2005 Lotus Elise, Protoform P3 formula vee, Crossle 32F formula ford
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I note a few people say the ventilated covers won’t work. Why is that? I’m a huge proponent of ventilated seats and am bummed we don’t have that option.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we know yet if they will be able to do the BL seats since they have the curved section through the upper center of seat?

Screenshot_20210909-182033.jpg

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is there actually a difference between the seats on all the trims? They all look similar to me…so I’m wondering even tho katzkin has the seats available for big bend…can’t we use them in any trim?
I know the BL is a different seat.
Sponsored