@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

When closing my soft-top, the latch on the drivers side is extremely difficult to snap shut. The passenger side latch has no issue at all. I don’t see anything blocking or obstructing the latch. Has anyone else ran into this issue?
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't have mine yet, but look if there might be some way to adjust the tension? I seem to remember that that's an option on Wranglers, but I might be wrong. Otherwise I'd take it to the dealer and have them take a look. It should not snap shut like nothing, but it also shouldn't require Arnold to do so.

Zeke013

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have mine yet, but look if there might be some way to adjust the tension? I seem to remember that that's an option on Wranglers, but I might be wrong. Otherwise I'd take it to the dealer and have them take a look. It should not snap shut like nothing, but it also shouldn't require Arnold to do so.
This. Sometimes if my angle is not good, it's harder to get done. But same seating/standing position should be similar.

ETA I have found that sometime's it's helpful to push down slightly, from the outside, with my off hand., on the roof.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Mine is very even, left to right, with a moderate amount of pressure to overcome the latch and then it snaps into place no problem.

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No issues with mine

Sponsored

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Mine was tight if the tip of the hook was hitting the bar instead of just behind it. The yellow arrow need to be right under the bar it pulls down on. I've got mine off and I don't see an obvious adjustment.

Mine are both REALLY LOOSE at the moment!

IMG_20210902_173420_01.jpg

IMG_20210817_162614.jpg

IMG_20210817_162616.jpg

IMG_20210817_162508.jpg

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine was tight if the tip of the hook was hitting the bar instead of just behind it. The yellow arrow need to be right under the bar it pulls down on. I've got mine off and I don't see an obvious adjustment.

Mine are both REALLY LOOSE at the moment!

Ford Bronco Soft-Top Latch… Hard to Snap Shut? IMG_20210817_162508

not sure what I'm looking at here, but it looks like a very damaged soft top to me, all kinds of stuff broken off. Hope you didn't drive in the too low garage with it open like that? Seen two videos of that happening already....

Get this looked at by the dealer, this does not look ok or safe.

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
not sure what I'm looking at here, but it looks like a very damaged soft top to me, all kinds of stuff broken off. Hope you didn't drive in the too low garage with it open like that? Seen two videos of that happening already....

I agree what are we looking at here

OP
OP
BaseSquatch

BaseSquatch

Base
First Name
@NotOJsBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m gonna take it to the dealer today. So I’ll keep y’all updated as to what happens.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Our 'Little Mule' has been in the garage since in happened in early
August just 2 weeks after we brought her home! :( Webasto makes the soft top as well for the Bronco. Ford Parts and Webasto have no replacement option of the 'Bow Header'. Ford Parts says, ' sorry, you have to replace the 'Entire Soft Top' for $4,169.00. I'm supposed to throw an entire top away and let USAA pay for a Claim when all I need is the Foreword portion of the Top. Not a very 'Environmentally Friendly' let alone wise use of Insurance companies claims so it Sit's....... The upside is Our Badlands Bronco only has 488 miles on it after almost two months.

Sponsored

Ironmomof3

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JK, LR4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When closing my soft-top, the latch on the drivers side is extremely difficult to snap shut. The passenger side latch has no issue at all. I don’t see anything blocking or obstructing the latch. Has anyone else ran into this issue?
My driver side is super hard to latch shut. I finally figured out that instead of trying to push it closed with all my might, it closes much easier by sort of just tapping it a few times. I also hold it down from the outside to help too.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Parts and Webasto have no replacement option of the 'Bow Header'. Ford Parts says, ' sorry, you have to replace the 'Entire Soft Top' for $4,169.00.
ouch, that's a shame. I'd see if Webasto would sell me one off the line for a bit less than that. But at least we know now how much the soft top will cost to buy. I hope you get your's fixed up soon!

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes! I’m having the same exact issue! I was sure that it was user error but feel much better now. The driver side takes a good whack with the hand to latch. After a few times it’s getting better.
Sponsored