First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cup holder is useless when threat of harm is imminent and immediate action required to deter aggression.
Do you encounter this often on your way to Starbucks? Be careful, it’s a war zone out there when Karen wants her double grande, non-fat, no-foam, half sweet, caramel drizzle soy latte.
Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the quick replies. I was a noob and should have done a search first. The "trunk vault" is a no-go. Takes up way too much space for me and I plan to do some car camping as well and it takes away that option.

rear lockable storage.jpg

As for the center console vault, I have seen two different ones on this forum and other places. One is from the Bronco Sport (which I really like, but not sure it is available for the real Bronco) and another one that is really pretty small looking.

center console vault.jpg

If this ^^^ is available for the 4dr BD, I will probably go with this option

center console vault2.jpg

But if this ^^^ is what I am stuck with for a BD in the center console, then I still need to find a better option. This is way too small to be useful for holding a firearm.
I have a center console valt for my KL that I use for my gun and its a good size but I was looking at a two door bronco at the dealer and the center console is a lot smaller then my KLs so I was wondering how much space there be in it

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you encounter this often on your way to Starbucks? Be careful, it’s a war zone out there when Karen wants her double grande, non-fat, no-foam, half sweet, caramel drizzle soy latte.
Out here anywhere near/in Portland and any of the cities along the I 5 corridor in western Oregon it is sadly no longer safe, especially at star buck$!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Out here anywhere near/in Portland and any of the cities along the I 5 corridor in western Oregon it is sadly no longer safe, especially at star buck$!
Yeah, Denver has become kind of a shit hole too. I just stay 30 miles away.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm working on a safe for this on my Bronco.I don't think it is going to be easy though.

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 1630979794285

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm going to see if there's room under the dash / steering wheel for a 20" AR pistol. Fabricate some steel plates as a rudimentary rack / holster with some sort of security or lock, though being out of sight is the best defense from bring stolen. I'm probably being optimistic because I hid some crazy amount of weapons parts in hmmwvs and 7 ton trucks but when I get my Bronco I'll be taking a hard look.

OP
OP
tourproto

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
May I ask how you resolved the long gun issue please?
I have not resolved either the long gun or handgun issue.

worst case I will use a V-Line safe with cable lock under the drivers seat.

for the long gun, I don’t even have a plan. Hoping something will work under the rear seats

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Will be watching this thread as I need a solution as well but don't have a Bronco yet to measure or fab with.

I think that many if the helpful posters do not realize the conundrum: The available bronco options do not fit the needs of someone who is legally traveling with a concealed carry. There are certain situations where it is necessary to stow the firearm temporarily or for a whole evening: if you decide to have one drink, have multiple and a friend drives you home, or simply needing to quickly lock it up when not permissible or desirable to carry outside of the vehicle, etc.

The console is too small, and digging up the cargo area (even during a rare-empty time) does not fit my definition of convenient.
I guess I'm one of those members that doesn't realize the conundrum. Just because you are CCW legal, why does the vehicle you drive become any more of a target for break in and theft of a gun, than a pair of expensive sun glasses, or cash for example?

In your sample situation where you are legal to carry a firearm, but not legal to drive because your blood alcohol level is above the legal limit, why wouldn't you just carry your firearm home with you?

If I had such an issue where I needed a safe for valuables, I'd look at making a hardened enclosure where the cubbyhole for the subwoofer goes in the right rear panel of the luggage compartment. Design it so access is through the stock panel converted to a door to conceal the safe.

Or, IIRC from pictures of the removed front fenders, the left side fender has a large cavity in it. The right side location is filled by the washer fluid container. The opposite left side space is unused and is unfilled. I doubt any gun thief hound would think to break into a Bronco, pop the hood and go searching for a firearm. But maybe after reading this post... they will. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I guess I'm one of those members that doesn't realize the conundrum. Just because you are CCW legal, why does the vehicle you drive become any more of a target for break in and theft of a gun, than a pair of expensive sun glasses, or cash for example?

In your sample situation where you are legal to carry a firearm, but not legal to drive because your blood alcohol level is above the legal limit, why wouldn't you just carry your firearm home with you?

If I had such an issue where I needed a safe for valuables, I'd look at making a hardened enclosure where the cubbyhole for the subwoofer goes in the right rear panel of the luggage compartment. Design it so access is through the stock panel converted to a door to conceal the safe.

Or, IIRC from pictures of the removed front fenders, the left side fender has a large cavity in it. The right side location is filled by the washer fluid container. The opposite left side space is unused and is unfilled. I doubt any gun thief hound would think to break into a Bronco, pop the hood and go searching for a firearm. But maybe after reading this post... they will. :ROFLMAO:
Because if you have a drink, your firearm will not be on your person but in your vehicle hence the need for a place to securely store. Not drinking means your firearm is on your person and not in your vehicle so it can't be stolen.

And it is any level of alcohol in your system, even below the DUI limit.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As far as long guns go, if you have something that you can break down, you might be able to easily store it under seat.

I had actually been giving this some thought though and see a real opportunity for a line of products for this exact purpose that would minimize any loss of interior space, yet provided adequate security.

Anyway, an AR with 7.5" upper is pretty compact, and once broken down, can be stored pretty easily.

Screenshot_20210622-223849_Drive.jpg

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Because if you have a drink, your firearm will not be on your person but in your vehicle hence the need for a place to securely store. Not drinking means your firearm is on your person and not in your vehicle so it can't be stolen.

And it is any level of alcohol in your system, even below the DUI limit.
My point was... subtle.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As a gun owner and permitted carrier, for me it's a societal and personal responsibility to NOT let a legal firearm fall into a criminals hands. I don't think "dope head dan" can hurt many with my shades. but I sure as hell don't want anyone harming others with my firearms. I have to have a secure place to put my gun when entering a business that does not permit carry, a safe up front and inside would be ideal.

ThunderSquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, (ex: RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI 4x4)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This doesn’t solve some of the problems discussed here, but here is another option to consider for securing longer firearms and larger items.

Ford Bronco Where to mount a gun safe? [Admin Warning: NO POLITICS] 57B23F72-BF4D-42E7-A840-506D4A5A75E1

This vault is smaller than the Bronco branded vault, but should work better for firearms.
I don’t have my Bronco yet, but since I have a 40” Fast Box, I was thinking about possibly installing this in the rear like the Bronco branded vault.

I also plan on using the Bronco for camping, so my plan is to build a flat plywood sleeping platform that drops in on top when needed. Platform would be laid across the folded seats and the vault.
When you fold the rear seats in the Bronco, there appears to be a large step/ledge in the middle that might make it less than ideal fro sleeping without some kind of a flat platform, or at least having something to elevate the cargo area/floor behind the seats.

I am not sure how any of this would affect the option of storing doors inside.

Another idea is to just bolt a chain to the vault or run a steel cable through it, then throw it in the Bronco only when needed (while briefly leaving the vehicle unattended, camping, etc..).
With the rear seats up and assuming no rear passengers, the vault could even go right behind the front seats. Chain/cable it to the seat mounts, lay the vault on the floor, and maybe even orient the vault door up for easier access.

They also make a 47” Fast Box https://www.secureitgunstorage.com/fast-box-hidden-gun-safes/
Sponsored