22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Race Red vs HPR.

Come on, Ford...
IMG_0119.jpg

screenshot_20210910-220440_instagram-jpg.jpg

2 shades of red this close to each other is dumb.
I believe that both these images are Race Red. They were shared alongside HPR images to show the “difference”. I’ll post the instagram post if I can find it (in fact some may have already shared it here)

EDIT: I updated the OP with the Instagram post explaining the images.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MamaD

Badlands
First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
61 IH Scout 80, 48 Ford Coupe, 2014 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have seen this color in person on a Ranger. Seems more orange in the shade than these photos are showing in the sun. The hue definitely seems to shift. I'm trying to decide between it and boring white. Would love to see the color on a non SAS Badlands...

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lmfao the fact you attempted to clarify something so shit stupid is hilarious. Should I add a disclaimer that the 250 people who got a vin and will get a 2021 2 door aren’t affected? Would that help your sensitive feelings? Don’t waste my time with your idiocy.

Welcome to the ignore list. ✌
Speaking of sensitive feelings, ignoring someone who points out your mistakes, good job👍🏼

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

they are trying hard to make it look like Rapid Red, LOL. In person it looks like burnt-orange.

Sponsored
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘91 Mustang LX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
they are trying hard to make it look like Rapid Red, LOL. In person it looks like burnt-orange.
Agreed. Saw one parked (Ranger) at my work recently, in the bright sun it was burnt orange. Looked nothing like the pictures just posted on here.

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, just to be clear... Ford removed (2) blue colors, now only giving the customers a sky blue color choice if they want a blue, so that we can pick between a cherry red, or a "not so cherry" red? Sorry, I'm not seeing much of a difference in these colors and I don't think the average consumer would either... Is it different? Yes. But not by much..

Race Red:
Ford Bronco First Look: 2022 Bronco in Hot Pepper Red 20201209_143132

Hot Pepper Red:

Ford Bronco First Look: 2022 Bronco in Hot Pepper Red Hot-Pepper-Red-2022-Bronco-2

Bottom Line: BRING BACK A DARK BLUE!! I'll even take a mix between lightning blue and AMB

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Someone else noted the green Badlands showing the capable bumper. But, IMO, the WT should have the capable bumper with fogs and the BL should have the modular bumper that is on the WT. Maybe we are back to Franken Broncos of mismatched parts.
As far as we know, both bumpers are optional on all trims, but capable is standard on BD and BL.

Or are you saying WT should've had capable standard, with BL staying with mod standard?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As far as we know, both bumpers are optional on all trims, but capable is standard on BD and BL.

Or are you saying WT should've had capable standard, with BL staying with mod standard?
I knew that the BD has the capable bumper standard for MY'22. But I was implying that the WT should also have the capable bumper standard for the fog lights which are standard on the MY'21 WT with plastic bumper. I hadn't been following whether the BL will be getting the capable bumper standard for MY'22.

I guess the bigger picture that I'm trying to convey is the possibility that we are back to Franken Broncos to show MY'22 options. With the lack of communication on Ford's part and showing Franken Broncos last year, we were left guessing what options would be included on various trims. Ford's defenders always used the catch-all excuse that they were pre-production Broncos and not to discern one way or the other what was to be expected on production Broncos. Fine. But for MY'22, Ford should be beyond showing off Franken Broncos. The pre-production Bronco excuse is dead. If Ford is showing a body-color keypad on a MY'22 WT, then it should be expected that will be the standard (body-color) on all keypads for MY'22. Likewise, the door handles on the WT.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
.... Because, Photoshop?
I'm guessing the same. I can't see Ford producing them in every available color. That's the kind of thing they're moving away from.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I like the color, but it boggles my mind on why they are even touching this when there are thousands of 21 models just waiting to be built. So will my 21 model year be built next year along with all the 22's? Doesn't make any sense. Guess we have two more months of scheduling, maybe Santa will bring me something too big to put under the tree?
B & P for 22 is coming soon. They need to lock down the details. Bronco Sport has been done. I saw they added Velocity Blue to it's color choices.
Sponsored