First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Raptor 15 Q70S/5.6 19 F-450 21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Note the color matched keypad!!!
I skipped this option on mine so that I could order the accessory one and sand/paint the cover Lightning Blue to match the door color.

Then I found out you need a trip to a dealer and their FDRS computer to program the keypad in on these new vehicles where in the past you could program them yourself without a scan tool. Doh! That just cost me an extra hundo. Good thing for all of the extra FordPass points!

Now they are going to do it from the factory. Lucky 2022 buyers!

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Manufacturers need to prototype & test builds to ensure the methods and manufacturing techniques are ready for production come mid-December when Ford switches over to MY2022.

This has to be done well in advance to ensure there is as little downtime as possible when they switch manufacturing from MY2021 to MY2022.
You smoke too much Crack! Everyone knows there is a phone tree and 3 days before manufacturing starts, the land lines light up like the 4th of July and suddenly tens of thousands of parts drop from Santa's sleigh while at the same time, the UAW's phone tree circles through the executive ranks for a few weeks, drumming up golden parachutes as the worker bees emerge from hibernating and by week end there's 500 freshly built rigs already on rail out to dealerships across the land!

Sure... I get that. But nothing is changing for MY22. And I think Ford has painted a car before. How much practice do they need.

I get it, and I understand it. I'm really just being a jerk. I also know 3 cars isn't gonna make that much of a difference. But 3 people who could've gotten MY21's are now getting MY22's. All so Ford can practice putting in the red paint can. <--- me being a jerk again.
You get it? But do you?

Do you?

You do?

Nahhhhhhh, pretty sure you don't really get it. They aren't doing Rolls Royce bespoke coachworks here, they are tooling up to build hundreds of thousands of units.

One part being sub par, a roof for example, and the works are mucked up for months along with costing hundreds of millions of dollars.

And yes, so Ford also took the moment to ensure the paint meets their standards, like every single other component on that vehicle, and like every process change and improvement that has been learned on the line the past year to get that unit built as it is.

I'm not an engineer, but I have hung out with a few Boeing engineers long enough to glean some insight into how manufacturing works.

Does pointing out the needs to establish manufacturing make me a jerk? If so, I could live with that.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll bet they will, they are the same color...:cool:
Rapid Red and Hot Pepper? Rapid Red is very metallic and only a hint of orange in certain lighting. Hot Pepper is more vibrant and leans more towards orange.

iABC

Base
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks good. Maybe a bit too much like race red but with a hint of orange.

Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Rapid Red and Hot Pepper? Rapid Red is very metallic and only a hint of orange in certain lighting. Hot Pepper is more vibrant and leans more towards orange.
He means the last two pics were Race and Rapid Red. You commented that race Red and race Red looked similar from the pictures you shared.

NVBronco813

Big Bend
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ohhhh.
okay.
Don’t love it, don’t hate it.
Much better than it’s looked on other vehicles though.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

man this looks great. I'm really having a hard time deciding between staying with the four-door or going two-door. sigh

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
He means the last two pics were Race and Rapid Red. You commented that race Red and race Red looked similar from the pictures you shared.
Not my pics. :confused: Some are basing the color appearance simply by what they see on a monitor and most haven't seen these colors IRL.

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From the hate I saw of this color on the Ranger, I thought it would be awful, but it looks really good on the 2 door.
it contrasts well against the Mic top, fenders and grill.

I don't think it's a good choice with matching fenders or on the moar door.

Sponsored

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
The original photo looks nothing like the actual color. The first photo almost looks like Rapid Red on the 2-door. I was just at the dealer the other day and hot pepper is a burnt orange in my opinion. I saw it on a Ranger. I live in Arizona so I saw it in full sunlight. I'm originally from Michigan so I know how cloudy or diluted the sun is there. I would not trust any photo taken at MAP. You need to see this in person. Here it is on the Maverick website and this is a very accurate representation.

p758_21_lariat_hot_pepper_red_env_6.jpg

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not my pics. :confused: Some are basing the color appearance simply by what they see on a monitor and most haven't seen these colors IRL.
Ok.
I have seen all three in real life and Rapid Red is by FAR IMO the best color, HPR is eh, with Race Red being the most bland and boring red

moisea

Wildtrak
First Name
Moses
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Murano 2015
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, just to be clear... Ford removed (2) blue colors, now only giving the customers a sky blue color choice if they want a blue, so that we can pick between a cherry red, or a "not so cherry" red? Sorry, I'm not seeing much of a difference in these colors and I don't think the average consumer would either... Is it different? Yes. But not by much..

Race Red:
Ford Bronco First Look: 2022 Bronco in Hot Pepper Red p758_21_lariat_hot_pepper_red_env_6

Hot Pepper Red:

Ford Bronco First Look: 2022 Bronco in Hot Pepper Red p758_21_lariat_hot_pepper_red_env_6

Bottom Line: BRING BACK A DARK BLUE!! I'll even take a mix between lightning blue and AMB
My issue with race red is that it seems too loud while rapid red is a little too dim. The hot pepper tries to strike a balance. I hope I get to see one in person or that B&P 2.0 colors are realistic enough.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ok.
I have seen all three in real life and Rapid Red is by FAR IMO the best color, HPR is eh, with Race Red being the most bland and boring red
Choose the one you like best. That's what I'd do.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Choose the one you like best. That's what I'd do.
Can't Ford said we're sorry we can't build your 2dr, oh and the color you ordered in January? It's gone too, thanks FU
Sponsored