Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

LOL, fanboys doing fanboy nonsense. Just silly IMO, but don't care, just don't hang out with fanboys that want to be all cliquey like some higschool mob. Just dorky and pointless.
So true. I had the Bullitt out for a cruise right before dusk tonight. I got behind some yahoo in purple Hemi Charger, who at every stop sign would rev his engine to redline and then scream away (until he caught up to that grandpa again.) when we got to the point where I could take one fork or the other to go home, I chose the one he didnā€™t. I just really had no interest in him, his car, or his juvenile shenanigans.
Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Actually, I am an active member both here on B6G and on the JLWrangler Forum, and I donā€™t see the hate for Bronco there I see for the Wrangler here. I think Ford is partly to blame for fostering this as a rivalry, and trying so hard to copy the Wrangler but boast ā€œimprovementsā€ (and only time will tell if the improvements they are boasting about - ie no centre Sound Bar to support the hard top removeable panels and allow the driver to actually hear their sound system with the top off, or turbo engine options only on an off-road rig designed to eat dirt for a living) are actually ā€œimprovementsā€. If this was the 1980ā€™s Cola Wars, Jeep would be Coke - focussing on the positive experience of drinking their Cola - ā€œHave a Coke and a Smileā€; and Bronco would be Pepsi, advertising that they are ā€œthe Choice of a New Generationā€, and that Coke is forā€¦.losers.

Of all the Forums I am on, B6G is known for having the most toxic members. That isnā€™t meant to be an all encompassing statement. There are more than plenty of exceptions - but even in the Ford community, B6G is noted for itā€™sā€¦.. more vociferous posts. This isnā€™t healthy for building an off road community that is made up of a lot more than just Wranglers and Broncos. It isnā€™t healthy for anybody.
Thanks for sharing t
Actually, I am an active member both here on B6G and on the JLWrangler Forum, and I donā€™t see the hate for Bronco there I see for the Wrangler here. I think Ford is partly to blame for fostering this as a rivalry, and trying so hard to copy the Wrangler but boast ā€œimprovementsā€ (and only time will tell if the improvements they are boasting about - ie no centre Sound Bar to support the hard top removeable panels and allow the driver to actually hear their sound system with the top off, or turbo engine options only on an off-road rig designed to eat dirt for a living) are actually ā€œimprovementsā€. If this was the 1980ā€™s Cola Wars, Jeep would be Coke - focussing on the positive experience of drinking their Cola - ā€œHave a Coke and a Smileā€; and Bronco would be Pepsi, advertising that they are ā€œthe Choice of a New Generationā€, and that Coke is forā€¦.losers.

Of all the Forums I am on, B6G is known for having the most toxic members. That isnā€™t meant to be an all encompassing statement. There are more than plenty of exceptions - but even in the Ford community, B6G is noted for itā€™sā€¦.. more vociferous posts. This isnā€™t healthy for building an off road community that is made up of a lot more than just Wranglers and Broncos. It isnā€™t healthy for anybody.
Thanks for posting the information. Always good to know what others think. It is up to all of us who will be lucky enough to be the pioneering group of new bronco owners to take the high road in terms of attitude and civility, and establish a positive image.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not that I understand it really. I went to a small car show today in Spring, Texas and struck up conversation with some Wrangler people. I brought up I had a Bronco on order and they looked at me like I just told them I was a sex offender.

I've been a part of two fairly non-inclusive groups in my life (Texas A&M and the Marine Corps) and still don't really care about pointless rivalries besides joking around but these people cared for some reason.

I hope Bronco people won't be haters but being that it's so similar to the Wrangler, it's more likely to happen than not. Saw some cool cars though, muscle cars, Mustangs, Novas, Bell Aires, a TRX.
Without rivalries, life would be boring though! I don't understand when it reaches the level of hate! My brother likes Chevy, he rags me all the time about my F150! Up until we take them down the road and out in the country and I blow his doors off! 2 strokes truck, 4 Strokes suck! Oh...Hook em' Horns!

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soā€¦ is this a bad time and/place for a ROLL TIDE! ?

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry, I kinda got off topic with the car show stuff! Didn't mean to hijack your thread!

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So true. I had the Bullitt out for a cruise right before dusk tonight. I got behind some yahoo in purple Hemi Charger, who at every stop sign would rev his engine to redline and then scream away (until he caught up to that grandpa again.) when we got to the point where I could take one fork or the other to go home, I chose the one he didnā€™t. I just really had no interest in him, his car, or his juvenile shenanigans.
I probably would have sunk to his level and asked him to follow me out to this quiet road out in the country and then drag his ass and take his money!

Skmac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Jaguar F-TYPE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is real. Most Jeeps pretend like they donā€™t see me. Itā€™s hilarious.

That funny my buddy who is a die hard Jeeper constantly is sending the group text messages how ugly the new Bronco is and how its so inferior in every way and I'm like dude chill its just a car. But i've heard this brought up with politics and I think it applies here, When you tie yourself to vehicle or idea it becomes part of you and your identity so when anyone criticizes that idea no matter how valid it is the person views it as a direct insult against them. If you look at jeeps right now there is entire networks of groups and companies dedicated to that product. I feel like they all feel like we're uninvited guest at the party and were going to ruin the exclusivity that they have. but I think it wear out eventually. Especially when they start to share the trails with us.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Must be car show day! The wife and I went to LuckenRod. The car show in Luckenbach TX today. Staying in Fredericksburg tonight! Just a few of my favorites out of around 400 entries
Ford Bronco Learned that Jeep hate is real PXL_20210911_212239452
Damn, I miss car shows. That is the one thing we have in Three Hills here thatā€™s worth coming for: The Annual Cruise Weekend. Cars and Trucks from all over Canada and adjacent States come up for it, absolutely fill the town for the weekend. Motorcycles come up too for the Friday, and we have Drag Races on the Airport Tarmac. An entirely outdoor event that has been cancelled two damn years in a row now, ffs.

Glad you were able to enjoy this one; and thanks for sharing!

Sponsored

CValencia

Black Diamond
First Name
Carmen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not that I understand it really. I went to a small car show today in Spring, Texas and struck up conversation with some Wrangler people. I brought up I had a Bronco on order and they looked at me like I just told them I was a sex offender.

I've been a part of two fairly non-inclusive groups in my life (Texas A&M and the Marine Corps) and still don't really care about pointless rivalries besides joking around but these people cared for some reason.

I hope Bronco people won't be haters but being that it's so similar to the Wrangler, it's more likely to happen than not. Saw some cool cars though, muscle cars, Mustangs, Novas, Bell Aires, a TRX.
I'm so sick of the rivalry thing. I mainly see it between Jeep people, Toyota people and Ford people. Like it shouldn't matter what you drive as long as you enjoy the vehicle and you're having fun while being responsible. I try to stay away from people and conversations that push opinion as the golden standard because they're so negative and draining. I don't understand it.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's not just a Jeep / Bronco thing. There's ridiculously agro tribalism all over the place.
I'm a long time endurance cyclist (ie: a roadie), and the shit I've heard from the self proclaimed 'elite' guys is beyond belief.
If you're not on a carbon fiber frame, they look down at you.
If you're not 120 lbs and wearing a matched kit, they look down at you.
Aluminum rims, mechanical shifters, flat pedals, etc - they look down at you.
Nothing feels better than riding the wrong bike, with the wrong physique (I'm 6'4" 215lbs) and dropping those douches on a climb...

...And then finding another group to ride with. One that is relaxed and fun. Friendly competition, sure. But never looking down on someone for what they're riding, their fitness level or lack of experience.

The point is, we're all here because we enjoy the idea of getting off the beaten path and out into the wild. I don't care how you get there (unless it's on a SxS -I think we can all agree those are demon spawn), it's the fact you're there thats important. The friends I've made because we started chatting on an six hour century ride, or sharing a back country campsite with and talking adventures over our morning coffee, are some of the most amazing people in the world. And I'd have never met them if our shared passions didn't bring us together. It's the trip - not the vehicle.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Trust me though, as a 2 jeep-brand owner (ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜18 GC trailhawk) myself, there are many jeep owners who have ordered Broncos. Then you have the group that are jealous that Ford is trying to steal their wrangler thunder. These are the same people who bashed the gladiator when it came out and also say my wifeā€™s GC trailhawk or my lifted f150 are not as capable as a stock rubicon. But then when we hit the trails, they go silent. My wife just tells them to their face to suck it and eat crow after she wheels her GC and I sit shotgun lol. Better yet, you should see their faces when I tow our offroad camper through the exact same trails climbing over boulders.

But they also forget, that the ā€œrealā€wranglers stopped production in 2006 before they went to the minivan motors.

itā€™s also no different than the toyota fanboys whether it be 4runners or tacos. They think their rigs are far superior to jeeps as well.

if youā€™re spending time with jeeps on the trails in your broncos, most likely youā€™ll have better luck with jeeps running 35ā€ or smaller tires. Those guys running 37s, 39, 40, 42 most likely are the diehard jeep fanboys.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A "real" anything would understand both the good and bad of everything. I dont actually HATE FCA, I am not a fan but they do have some cool sh!t too. As noted everything has a hierarchy of Fandom.

Also my .02 on B6G is we are still an infant group and will have some growing pains especially with the situation and rollout. With a true open fan base you will get the good, bad, ugly of it all. Just like in life filter out the BS background noise and if need be step away...none of this crap is life or death. sure give some hazing and ribing but at the end of the day let's get dirty and get away from civilization.

TxBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f-pace
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Itā€™s the same hate I experience being an arkansas fan living in Texas.. šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚šŸ™ˆ it happens.. we live in Montgomery and I completely understand lol howdy neighbor!
Sponsored