west

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 T-Bird, 71 LTD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Bronco as a whole will be mass produced, the so called "first edition" has nothing that makes it special other than the name and an overpriced sticker.
If you want a model that will appreciate, buy the Base 2D MT in a classic color combo and ... store it for a long ... long time.

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
Lol this is a mass produced vehicle, no ones going to pay more for a 1st edition in 5 years. Hell in 5 years the Bronco will go through a refresh and the desire for the 2021s will fall. You’ll be lucky to get $20k for then.

It’s the way of the automotive world. Don’t like it, buy used.

Now if there was a special 7.3L 7 speed manual that was only produced for3500 units that would definitely hold it’s value, but a trim package? No.

BroncoOrNo?

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX2
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can never understand people that whine and cry when a business makes more of something good, as though another person enjoying what they are enjoying somehow takes away some positive aspect of it. Does the guy at the other table eating bacon, somehow make your bacon taste worse? Ford's gonna give you what you ordered, quit being a little cheese and whine -hitch

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yeah it’s going to lose value quick. I’ll give you 45k after you buy it. :)

Sponsored

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
listen to the OP. he's not upset about the car,. he's upset it isn't special enough anymore because they bumped up production to 7000 models.

i'm sure he's not alone thinking like this. the psychology of limited editions and having something thought of as "more special" is strong in not just cars but quite a few things.

Wiser Bronco

Raptor
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
listen to the OP. he's not upset about the car,. he's upset it isn't special enough anymore because they bumped up production to 7000 models.

i'm sure he's not alone thinking like this. the psychology of limited editions and having something thought of as "more special" is strong in not just cars but quite a few things.
Exactly! Thanks for understanding.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok I understand that, but they are only going from 3,500 to 7,000. Unless you live in extremely densely populated area the chances you are ever gonna see another First Edition is pretty small I think.

Also not to be rude, but where I come from, people that pay a lot more so they can have a “special” version of a MASS-produced vehicle are called yuppies. Maybe that’s just the poor in me though???.

Sponsored

Wiser Bronco

Raptor
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
well, ford has been adding "1 more year" of GT production since I can remember.

They also pushed out a 2nd year of coach door continentals, granted the 2nd year lost some badging and werent "officially" 80th anniversary, but still basically the same thing.

I look at it this way... while I got my order in fairly early on the evening of the launch, theres a chance I wasnt in the first 3500 orders. So perhaps had they not extended it to 7000, I wouldnt be getting one at all. And I chose it for its content, not the FE badge.

Its possible that the badlands can be equipped with all the same content as the FE, so maybe it would have been OK, but then again, if I like the badlands specs more, Ill just order one of those anyway. but at least I have that choice for now.
Thanks for putting that into perspective, sure FE is sweet and all....(still little disappointed) But thats a good point, i might of been a little late for that 3500 with the system glitch and i got it!
Plus as some guys already put it, going with the lower option full spec it would cost more than an FE.

So now will see what interior options will get, hope there Black / Brown.

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
As a First Edition reservation holder, I'm glad there's more to go around to others.

If the First Edition costs more than what I can get on lower trim with Options, I'll go that route.

I'm not paying more just for seat color and hood/door decals and it just being a First Edition.

For investment I have to recommend a Bronco that is done depreciating and is going up in value. Maybe we can get a thread started, Bronco Investing tips!

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ok I understand that, but they are only going from 3,500 to 7,000. Unless you live in extremely densely populated area the chances you are ever gonna see another First Edition is pretty small I think.

Also not to be rude, but where I come from, people that pay a lot more so they can have a “special” version of a MASS-produced vehicle are called yuppies. Maybe that’s just the poor in me though???.
i'm not saying I agree with him. and he's not going to be the only one that feels that way.

he just wants to have something that a lot of people won't have. regardless if his reasons are stupid and petty.

these limited edition things are always preferred over non. take for example watches.. many want exclusivity , in some cases they want that more than the item itself because it's viewed as rare and more desirable
Sponsored