Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow! Really bad review of the soft top. I am someone who gets easily car sick, and this is something I didn’t even think about. Are Jeep soft tops that bad with noise and air pressure?

Jubear

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

His personal gripes. Not even about what the truck is for.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s a scary review for a guy who has 2 kids that easily get car sick…
Yeah. I can just hear my wife saying how much she hates the bronco already. Hard top is a must for me.

Sponsored

Gourik31

Badlands
First Name
Gourik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always thought not having vents in the back was an odd decision by ford. Makes no sense to me.

Personally what gets to me is : in order to get a heated steering wheel i need to get the Lux pack. I live in Ontario i dont want to wear gloves on a really cold day in the $60k+ car when just getting into it. I also dont need anything Lux pack gives but the heated steering wheel. (venting)

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That’s a scary review for a guy who has 2 kids that easily get car sick…
It is true, Justin made it clear in his video a concern for the soft top and the pressure aspects coupled with the rear seat vents. From my perspective, this is one opinion, and I would like to see another opinion from an existing soft top owner. To the best of my knowledge, this is the first time I have heard about this concern. I am thankful to Justin for placing this on the table for discussion and hope we can see other comments which might be helpful for those with small children.

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
He's seems to be honest about it, but if the Outer Banks isn't for you, then find another one

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

loved the video. for offroaders, the OB isn't the one you want. but for everyone else, i think it's the right one. imo, i would love the soft top for the ease of just flipping the top and enjoying the open air. but i want the hard top with the roof rack because of the extra storage, etc.

Sponsored

Skdmarc

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I always thought not having vents in the back was an odd decision by ford. Makes no sense to me.

Personally what gets to me is : in order to get a heated steering wheel i need to get the Lux pack. I live in Ontario i dont want to wear gloves on a really cold day in the $60k+ car when just getting into it. I also dont need anything Lux pack gives but the heated steering wheel. (venting)
Ford really does a horrible job with options I wanted variable cruise same thing had to get the lux for that

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

His personal gripes. Not even about what the truck is for.
I understand why people don't like some of his style, but what is the bronco for then? Are what he talked about not "real" uses? Im just trying to understand what you feel the truck is for? Only hardcore offroad? His discussion is applicable to 80-90% minimum of people that will be buying it imo, so it's very applicable. Especially the outer banks.

Gourik31

Badlands
First Name
Gourik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow! Really bad review of the soft top. I am someone who gets easily car sick, and this is something I didn’t even think about. Are Jeep soft tops that bad with noise and air pressure?
Yep, same here.
It is true, Justin made it clear in his video a concern for the soft top and the pressure aspects coupled with the rear seat vents. From my perspective, this is one opinion, and I would like to see another opinion from an existing soft top owner. To the best of my knowledge, this is the first time I have heard about this concern. I am thankful to Justin for placing this on the table for discussion and hope we can see other comments which might be helpful for those with small children.
Glad her brought it out. I think it could vary from person to person. We could see another review where reviewer could be fine in that atmosphere

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I kind of agree with a lot of what he said. I'm good with the soft top and it doesn't bother me a bit.

Badlands is the right Bronco for me. I'm not an Outer Banks person. I totally get it.

I don't have a problem with the soft top. I do notice some noise when I go through some of the crazy rainstorms we get out west. Coming back through Lehi a few weeks ago, the lights were all out and the world was blowing sideways. The top was noisy then. As far as driving 75/80, I don't really notice the noise.

But that might just be me. I drove army trucks, too.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

He makes some good points, but the video is really misleading. He notes that the Outer Banks isn't for him and the Badlands is, yet most of his complaints aren't specific to the OBX. Sidewall, yes. Step, yes. Those things can easily be changed. And you can add 4A to the OBX. You can Sasquatch it too. You can add the high package and get the 12" screen. And you can get it with a hard top (next year).

His comments about the crappy soft top, the vents, and the seats not laying flat are going to be a problem on any trim - including the Badlands.

Also, if he likes those cloth seats, he won't get them in the Badlands.
Sponsored

Last edited: