Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree I would not purchase a soft top under any circumstance for all the reason stated in the video. I do think the missing air vents is an issue that needs to be resolved....I've got dog's and I don't want them suffering in the back of the vehicle. Yes agree the Badlands is the only vehicle for me with a MIC top...I would also consider a hard top or something similar that Jeep offers to the Sky One Touch roof. I'm glad to hear that it has power....that's awesome. I've ridden in the Badlands however I've not driven the Badlands...I would say yes the seats are comfortable. I've not contacted my dealer to see if I can test drive the vehicle nor has my dealer made any attempt to contact me regarding a test drive. I'm an early reservation holder so at some point I will be able to give an honest review and comparative between the Jeep Rubicon Unlimited and 4 DR Badlands with 2.7.

Great video....Thank You!
Sponsored

Last edited:

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Off-Rodeo Texas. Temperatures in the high 90's and full sun...
The back seat gets plenty of airflow and staying cool was not an issue.

Complain about the cup holders all you wish, but interior cooling really is not an issue...

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always thought not having vents in the back was an odd decision by ford. Makes no sense to me.

Personally what gets to me is : in order to get a heated steering wheel i need to get the Lux pack. I live in Ontario i dont want to wear gloves on a really cold day in the $60k+ car when just getting into it. I also dont need anything Lux pack gives but the heated steering wheel. (venting)
How about you need Lux package to get a wireless charging pad.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I mean is that anyone who watches this video and isn't familiar with the trim levels and what they include or offer as options is going to assume that all the stuff he complains about is specific to the OBX, and that the BL doesn't have these "flaws."
Ah, I gotcha and see your perspective now. I was taking your comment a different way.

Thanks.

Jubear

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I understand why people don't like some of his style, but what is the bronco for then? Are what he talked about not "real" uses? Im just trying to understand what you feel the truck is for? Only hardcore offroad? His discussion is applicable to 80-90% minimum of people that will be buying it imo, so it's very applicable. Especially the outer banks.
He is comparing his off-road Jeep setup to a non squash bronco. Of course they don’t match or compare. I am one of those who has ordered mine for 90% road (daily driver) and 10% off and know what I am getting and the difference.
I am not after the guy as I have watched multiple of his video’s and will continue to. But compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges, not mix and match.

Sponsored

JGM

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘10 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Video was good, but more importantly, I need to find out where I can buy that t-shirt he’s wearing.

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Justin likes taking a contrarian perspective (10 things I hate about the Bronco and this video for example). Maybe it makes for better content or comes off as less fan boi or more edgy for most viewers. For me, it causes involuntary eye rolls sometimes. Still well worth watching his videos.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When the 2011 VW Passat came out it did not have rear air vents. People made a big deal about it and by the 2012 MY the center console was redesigned to include air vents. Hoping history repeats itself with the Bronco.

Sponsored

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Justin likes taking a contrarian perspective (10 things I hate about the Bronco and this video for example). Maybe it makes for better content or comes off as less fan boi or more edgy for most viewers. For me, it causes involuntary eye rolls sometimes. Still well worth watching his videos.

He also posted 3 or 4 videos on the same Bronco talking about how much he liked it.

Gourik31

Badlands
First Name
Gourik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford does the same bullshit on the F-150. You have to buy into the highest package on the Lariat to get a heated wheel. On my cloth-seated 2017 Explorer XLT I bought the heated wheel option for about $175. Ford can be real toolbags sometimes with their options.
I would hope we could have that option for Broncos too. Thats a necessity.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

by the name alone, one would think the outer banks would be more of a beach mobile than a rock crawler. to me the outer banks package seems to be directed more towards the sahara package jeep customers rather than the rubicon customers. the i can relate to the soft top problems which he encountered, in my old jeep, interstate travel was brutal with the beating of the wind on the top. i used to compare it to sitting inside a drum and being beaten on. it was an exhausting experience. the 12 hour trips i made from ft. bragg to new orleans were torturous (the lack of a/c didn't help). long trips were always met with trepidation with the soft top. convertibes which have had lined tops were much better for travel, but the size of the top on the bronco would make me feel it would be susceptible to such buffeting.

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Yes, you should trade your jeep for a BRONCO.

Bronco Pilot

First Edition
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 BMW M3, 2018 F150, 2018 EA330SC
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
by the name alone, one would think the outer banks would be more of a beach mobile than a rock crawler. to me the outer banks package seems to be directed more towards the sahara package jeep customers rather than the rubicon customers. the i can relate to the soft top problems which he encountered, in my old jeep, interstate travel was brutal with the beating of the wind on the top. i used to compare it to sitting inside a drum and being beaten on. it was an exhausting experience. the 12 hour trips i made from ft. bragg to new orleans were torturous (the lack of a/c didn't help). long trips were always met with trepidation with the soft top. convertibes which have had lined tops were much better for travel, but the size of the top on the bronco would make me feel it would be susceptible to such buffeting.
Sponsored