First Name
Gourik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When the 2011 VW Passat came out it did not have rear air vents. People made a big deal about it and by the 2012 MY the center console was redesigned to include air vents. Hoping history repeats itself with the Bronco.
Lets hope. We have a ton of hope on this forum at this point, lol.
sadly ppl shouldn't complain about stuff like that. What gets to me always is I keep thinking about the price of this vehicle. If it was a base civic Id say i got what i pay for in a way :p
Sponsored

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm not going to bother to watch this.

If his Jeep is a JL Sahara, and he's thinking OBX, then eh, depends on how old the JL is.

If it is a newer JL rig that has been customized and built: a) why OBX (which also would be a bad compare to a built JL), and b) can you even get a Bronco / maybe drive and enjoy your personalized investment longer and think about it downstream.

Alienpilot

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon (2-Dr)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

"Should I Trade My Jeep for the Outer banks Bronco?"

I read all the comments before I even attempted to watch the video.

I'm a Happy Jeep Soft Top owner (2019 Rubicon 2-Dr) and I love it. It's my third soft top Jeep that I have owned since 2007.
My only opinion about the soft top is that....It's a soft top. What else do you expect....????

Ninety percent of the time I drive with my windows down (I have dual climate control on my Rubi) and it makes no difference as far as the climate/temperature.

The pressure problem with the soft top may be remedied with lowering a drivers or passengers side window accordingly.

I currently have a Basesquatch on order, but plan to change that to a Badlands only because of the sway bar disconnect. To be totally honest with you, the only time that I have taken my 2019 Rubi offroad, I disconnected my sway bar and it made a world of difference on rutted and bumpy dirt roads. (My original intentions was to buy an aftermarket sway bar disconnect and do it manually, however it's just too easy to push a button).

I would not trade my Rubi in for the Outer Banks Bronco in this video. However, I have a Bronco on order and can't wait for my delivery.
At this point in time, I have absolutely no intentions on trading in my Jeep for the Bronco.

My actual intentions is to drive both vehicles and if one suits me better than the other, then I will sell the other one.

My dominant buying motive for the Bronco was first, that I love it. My very first vehicle that I ever drove was a 83 Ford Bronco (grew up on Bronco's and Jeeps). Second, Just the back space behind the rear passenger seat on the two door Bronco.
Everything that I dislike about my Jeep, Ford has developed a solution on the Bronco. Kudos to them.

As far as interior, my Jeep blows the Bronco away. My Rubi is nice and I wish Ford would have done a better job with the interior.

Back to the original title of the Youtube video. I would not trade in my Jeep for the Outer Banks Bronco in the video. However, there may be a Badlands or Wild track in the future in which I may. Only time will tell.

*** My order has been pushed back to FY2022 because of the hard top issues. My first modification to my Bronco is removing the hard top for the Soft Top. "Shakes Head"
I can not understand why Ford is not offering soft tops for 2-Dr Bronco's ***

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I watch all Justin’s videos and enjoy his content and delivery style. I will continue to watch his future videos. As many of you know, Justin is an official “ Bronco Ambassador” for Ford. When Justin received that sponsorship, I was curious to know how it might affect his independence. In a way, that may have been in his mind as well when he developed this video. Food for thought?

Amcap76

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F250, 2019 GT-350, 2004 Jeep LJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The fact that he liked the cloth seats better than the leather is pretty much on point with Ford seat quality. I own multiple Ford products and have found that their higher end seats are often less comfortable than their cloth offerings. That being said, I’m happy with the comfort of the MGV seats in mine.

Sponsored

sledboy

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So we have about 5,000 miles on our Bronco and will be adding another 2,000 next week. I have to agree with Justin and his observations. I have gotten used to many of the minor complaints that I had earlier. But our biggest complaints remain:
  • Rear seats don't fold flat. We sleep in the back and we have yet to figure out a comfortable way to do this. It is our biggest complaint. And like Justin said, Jeep figured it out. Why couldn't Ford?
  • Vents for the rear seats. This was a huge oversight by Ford and will probably be fixed in the future.
  • Noise from the roof. We have a hard top and it is noisy. Our son has a 2021 Wrangler Rubicon with a hard top and we measured the noise of the two. Our Bronco was between 1 and 2 dBs louder. We are hoping however that MIC 2.0 will help with this.
  • We can't use the sway-bar disconnect in 4A and 2H. Why? Even Jeep allows their sway-bar to be disconnected in 4A.
However, overall we are very happy with our Bronco. These are just some things that we wish Ford would have done differently.

cgguy68

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is true, Justin made it clear in his video a concern for the soft top and the pressure aspects coupled with the rear seat vents. From my perspective, this is one opinion, and I would like to see another opinion from an existing soft top owner. To the best of my knowledge, this is the first time I have heard about this concern. I am thankful to Justin for placing this on the table for discussion and hope we can see other comments which might be helpful for those with small children.
I have soft top 4 door Badlands Sasquatch with 2.7. No issues with pressure changes and the top is not loud.

luptanpitman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, ‘21 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought my base 2020 JL out of my 36 mo lease last july after 18 months to flip to carmax for a $9k profit. This was my part of my down payment on my price protected badlands from my dealer. So was coming from a great place regardless of the look, the drive feel, the stance, the capability, the color, and all the other reasons I wanted to buy a bronco when it was announced.

All that said I personally don’t get the bronco vs wrangler thing. It’s more of a “I’ve been waiting for a truck like this for years a manufacturer finally did it right” decision.

These two vehicles are ENTIRELY DIFFERENT. maybe used for similar things and enjoyed by similar types of people - but the only real way to understand how they are different is to see it in person, ride or drive it. No comparison. My jeep made me happy every time I drove it. The bronco makes me happy every time I drive it. Both can exist. Just like a 4runner can. And a defender can.

update since people are focused on soft top: Soft top is loud just like my soft top jeep - it is a box and it’s not aerodynamic at all. 90% of the time my top is down in some configuration which I would imagine would be the only reason someone would want a soft top - and it sounds like air is whooshing by when it is down. Or if the windows are open. If you want a quiet truck this shape I’d get something else for sure. Also the mileage is terrible. I wouldn’t get if that is a concern of yours.

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What I mean is that anyone who watches this video and isn't familiar with the trim levels and what they include or offer as options is going to assume that all the stuff he complains about is specific to the OBX, and that the BL doesn't have these "flaws." That's going to be the majority of viewers. I think he does them a disservice by not making that clear.

I typically like Justin's videos. Not this one. And I hate criticizing anyone who puts themselves out there with opinons, because as a writer, I know how much we get criticized for every misstep. I think he should have scripted this video better, putting himself in the place of the average Bronco buyer who's still trying to decide on the best trim level for themselves. Maybe he was rushed, or just didn't do his homework. He could have at least said something like, "And I really wish the Badlands came with a cloth interior because that's one of the best features of the OBX."
Another thing to keep in mind is these guy's that create content on a regular basis are looking for income. They often try to stir controversy and exaggerate a bit to get more views and comments which drive their revenue up.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The fact that he liked the cloth seats better than the leather is pretty much on point with Ford seat quality. I own multiple Ford products and have found that their higher end seats are often less comfortable than their cloth offerings. That being said, I’m happy with the comfort of the MGV seats in mine.
If I could pick on my BL I'd have to make my mind up between cloth and MGV, sat on the later one and it feels great, but will I miss the breathability of the cloth seats I have in my Taco? Time will tell.
I'd never spend a penny on leather seats for a car though. Just not my thing.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I watch all Justin’s videos and enjoy his content and delivery style. I will continue to watch his future videos. As many of you know, Justin is an official “ Bronco Ambassador” for Ford. When Justin received that sponsorship, I was curious to know how it might affect his independence. In a way, that may have been in his mind as well when he developed this video. Food for thought?
Another thing to keep in mind is these guy's that create content on a regular basis are looking for income. They often try to stir controversy and exaggerate a bit to get more views and comments which drive their revenue up.
I wasn’t going to say anything until I read both of these posts, which I feel raise a valid question.

How did Justin became a TeamBronco Ambassador? 🤔

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Especially in light of this type of “Creator” content…

I have no problem with critical reviews, but it seems like you can either be an objective 3rd-party reviewer, or you can be a TeamBronco Ambassador, but you can’t be both. 🧐

Can you imagine Loren Healy or Vaughn Gittin, Jr. creating this type of content? :oops:

Anyway, just my two cents. 🤷‍♂️

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wasn’t going to say anything until I read both of these posts, which I feel raise a valid question.

How did Justin became a TeamBronco Ambassador? 🤔

Especially in light of this type of “Creator” content…

I have no problem with critical reviews, but it seems like you can either be an objective 3rd-party reviewer, or you can be a TeamBronco Ambassador, but you can’t be both. 🧐

Can you imagine Loren Healy or Vaughn Gittin, Jr. creating this type of content? :oops:

Anyway, just my two cents. 🤷‍♂️
There's also the opposite scenario. If you watch a lot of YouTube, you may be familiar with David Patterson. He started out with a 13 Grabber Blue Mustang with "SMURF" on the license plate. He's done a lot of auto content over the years and has a big following now. He does quite a few Ford reviews now and it's obvious by the amount of blue kool Aid Ford is giving him a paycheck. He's nowhere near as objective as he used to be.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's also the opposite scenario. If you watch a lot of YouTube, you may be familiar with David Patterson. He started out with a 13 Grabber Blue Mustang with "SMURF" on the license plate. He's done a lot of auto content over the years and has a big following now. He does quite a few Ford reviews now and it's obvious by the amount of blue kool Aid Ford is giving him a paycheck. He's nowhere near as objective as he used to be.
Right. So either put on the uniform and run the ball, or watch the clock and blow the whistle. You can’t do both.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do people do for air with rear facing car seat? With vehicles with rear vents on the console, a company makes a hose that clips to the vent and pipes air to where you need it.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I believe this video to be very honest and respectable commentary.

Bad press on the soft top is a good thing, it needs to be said. I’ll leave it at that.

I say well done @justinbmcbride keep it up & rad shirt.
Sponsored