Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

With the top in this position it seems like it would be a party favor noise maker? Nice if you are parked under the stars or at low speed. I wish the 2Dr Bronco hard top was modular and you could pull off the front section over the driver and passenger and leave the back half in place or pull both sections. Is that an option somewhere??
Most current soft tops have several positions of operation. The Bronco will as well, where you can open it part way and drive. There was a video posted yesterday of a 4-door bronco going down the freeway partially open like shown in my video at ~80 MPH. Will it be noisy? Maybe, but so it going without a top. Sure, this could be nosier than no top, but a soft top gives you great flexibility to do just that. Having no top is why I'm in the market for this type of vehicle. If not, and I was worried about noise, I'd get something entirely different.

The 2 door Bronco hard top IS modular. You'll be able to remove a portion over the driver, a portion over the passenger, and have the rest of the top/clam shell in place or everything off altogether.

The strange thing to me is that Ford is currently not offering a soft top for the 2 door. That's puzzling.
Sponsored

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well sheeet.... Do you have to leave it at home or is there a place to store onboard. The Bronco website is a bit weak if you have to decipher from pictures what it does or doesn't do.
I believe it's a 3 piece hard top. The 4 door is 4 pieces.

2 door, one piece over driver, one over passenger, and a clam shell covering the back and side windows. If you take the clam shell off, you'll need to leave it at home. The rear window is part of the shell.

The driver and passenger panels should come off individually and could be stored in back.

From what I've seen, the 4 door has one large additional panel that removes and covers the entire second row passenger seats.

bladsquatch

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had a lifted jk sport for 5 years, then bought a Jl rubicon unlimited with sky touch top. The sky touch top is awesome, but right now not thats all Jeep has to compete with this new Bronco. I been lurking here for a long time. Never thought I would like the Bronco. I was wrong. Ford hit a home run. Bases loaded home run.

I followed all the jl hype for years. The jl is good. It improved on the jk a lot, especially on the freeway. But, or should i say BUT! it could had been more. Rubicons has 33s(mine still has the 33s). 35s are no problem, in fact with a little spacer lift you can go 37s. But the Bronco can get 35 right off the bat. I like the sky top a LOT. Its great for little rides to town and put the top back. Right now that might be the only thing Jeep has over the Ford. I am curious about the modular top for the 2 door though(i reserved a 2 door)

The look of the Bronco is great. Some might say even cartoonish, but I think it looks unique. So heres one guy Jeep has lost, and I think they will be many more.
I've been going back and forth on the Black Diamond and the Badlands. I'm definitely getting the Sasquatch package so really the only difference at that point is the sway bar disconnect. Judging by the amount of available space in the wheel wells the preproduction models are showing I would have to upgrade quite a bit to even get the use out of the sway bar disconnect as it's really intended. Anything maybe I'm missing that would help sway my decision...no pun intended! I'm selling my F-150 so it will be my daily driver.

broncoday1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 2019 TRD Bro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the Bronco engine choices are weak. They could have done much better. Like dropping a 5.0 and a choice of AT/MT.
Keep wishing. You aren't ever going to see a 5.0 again in a vehicle like this.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Keep wishing. You aren't ever going to see a 5.0 again in a vehicle like this.
SEMA will be full of 6th gen Broncos with 5.0 swaps and PaxPower has already announced 5.0 conversions so there will definitely be 5.0s in vehicles like this. If Jeep actually makes the 392 Wrangler production we may even see the 5.0 from a factory Bronco.

Sponsored

ceezarin

Black Diamond
First Name
Franco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Toyota FJ Trail Teams
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I also hope this pushes Toyota to do more with the 4Runner and possibly bring back an updated FJ.
Iā€™m coming from 2 trail team FJs and several Tacomaā€™s and I gotta say Toyota has let their lineup get so old. Love my current Fj but canā€™t wait to jump into my new Bronco ? Ford absolutely killed it with this debut.

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

. . .

Bronco doesn't have fold-down windshield so that's one hit against it. Sounds like the 2 door doesn't have a soft top at this point, only a hard top.

. . .
umm I owned 2014 JKU and not once did I even think about ā€œfoldingā€ down my windshield ?
An hour or more to take all the bolts and parts off, is not ā€œfold-downā€ in fact I actually donā€™t even know anyone that folded a windshield on a JKU ? ?

broncoday1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma 2019 TRD Bro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
SEMA will be full of 6th gen Broncos with 5.0 swaps and PaxPower has already announced 5.0 conversions so there will definitely be 5.0s in vehicles like this. If Jeep actually makes the 392 Wrangler production we may even see the 5.0 from a factory Bronco.
I was talking about a factory 5.0. Which I highly doubt. The industry is headed towards electrifying their cars.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah but....392 V8...(y)
Other the drag racing to the mall and some coolness factor it's going to be unusable.

Bronco doesn't have fold-down windshield so that's one hit against it.
Does anyone actually do this in a modern jeep? From what I hear you need a full toolbox to take off the top, doors, and windshield.

Iā€™m coming from 2 trail team FJs and several Tacomaā€™s and I gotta say Toyota has let their lineup get so old. Love my current Fj but canā€™t wait to jump into my new Bronco ? Ford absolutely killed it with this debut.
I'm coming out of a 16 4Runner TRD Pro and you are totally on point. I do love most things about my 4Runner, so much that we have two of them. I be getting rid of mine but we will still have the wife's 18 Pro in the garage with the Bronco. Well that's if it fits. LOL

scrapple

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm a jeep guy, but also will be a Bronco guy...
I plan to keep the rubi at my vacation home in Florida, eventually give my Bronco to my daughter who is 14, and then probably get me a used Range Rover Sport or something with more luxury since I am getting up in age.

Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
umm I owned 2014 JKU and not once did I even think about ā€œfoldingā€ down my windshield ?
An hour or more to take all the bolts and parts off, is not ā€œfold-downā€ in fact I actually donā€™t even know anyone that folded a windshield on a JKU ? ?
Does anyone actually do this in a modern jeep? From what I hear you need a full toolbox to take off the top, doors, and windshield.
I'm thinking maybe y'all should check out Jack's profile pic again lol

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As you can see from avatar, we do a lot in our FJ40. We would treat a Wrangler the same way driving through the GSMNP or the Blue Ridge Parkway. You only need to remove 4 bolts to drop the windshield on a 2018 and later Wrangler.

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

JK is more difficult. But I'm comparing the Bronco to a 2018+ JL.

In a JL, pop the wipers and 4 bolts on the header. Under 4 minutes.

Having the windshield down for us is part of the experience. We ride motorcycles and ATVs and it's fun having the wind in your hair.

Last edited:

pmccrackin

Badlands
First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been waiting for the reveal to make a decision. It's either the Rubicon (likely with skytouch) or the Bronco. I'm anxious to see more about tops too.

Bronco doesn't have fold-down windshield so that's one hit against it. Sounds like the 2 door doesn't have a soft top at this point, only a hard top.

I'd hope BestTop, or whomever, would make a sunrider to replace the "freedom panels" on the Bronco. Rented a JLU for a trip and while the freedom panels were nice, they took up a lot of room in the back. Sunrider top seems more convenient.

best top sunrider.jpg
I've been waiting for the reveal to make a decision. It's either the Rubicon (likely with skytouch) or the Bronco. I'm anxious to see more about tops too.

I'd hope BestTop, or whomever, would make a sunrider to replace the "freedom panels" on the Bronco. Rented a JLU for a trip and while the freedom panels were nice, they took up a lot of room in the back. Sunrider top seems more convenient.

best top sunrider.jpg
I have to ask, first time Jeep owner with the JL and can't wait to get out of this FCA piece of crap even though it is fun when everything works and the top and doors are off, what in the hell is the benefit to fold down windshield? Why does that matter and why would the bronco even need to include it.

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ran 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve had five Jeeps. A CJ7, 2 TJs, and both a 2-door rubicon (jk) and a 4-door rubicon (jk). Weā€™ve reserved a badlands four door. My hope is that the community builds up quick. We did a lot of jeep events
Sponsored