2020 Bronco Raptor renders

commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It will not have a removable top. Keep dreaming.

I agree on everything else. It will definitely be 4-dr only though. No clam shell suicide rear door. Likely 2.7TT ecoboost. IFS and solid rear. center and rear locking diff. Possibly the new 10spd auto depending on the tow rating they want to achieve. It will be an Everest with unique front/rear and possibly other body panels, but ultimately, still an Everest. That's not a bad thing folks. They could still have the front be a throwback look to the Bronco, but it'll be subtle.
Sponsored

dhg1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It will be a 10 speed for EPA ratings.

Rozinante

Threads
Reaction score
I just want it to look old school!!
Then get an early Bronco--don't LOOK the part! BE the part! Go '66 and you are pre-emissions! You'll have lower annual vehicle inspection fees because they will only check your safety equipment and NOT the emissions equipment that your vehicle was not required to have! Easy to work on, easy to modify, easy to upgrade, beautiful to look at. My 1966 Bronco 289 is rough, but work & money will solve all that. Early Broncos were voted the Greatest Off-Road Vehicle Of All Time in 1999 after extensive tests of every production SUV that was willing to battle it out for number one. Even though the early Bronco had been out-of-production since the 1977 model year, it earned a LOT of second-place finishes in all manner of off-road capability tests--and maybe a first place or two--and beat every European (Mercedes & Porsche were there) SUV, every Japanese SUV (Toyota and Lexus were there), and every US SUV. Lamborghini did not send their SUV. When the points were added up, all the automotive journalists, automotive designers, automotive engineers, off-road racers, and off-road equipment manufacturers gave the title to the early Bronco. I will go on record as agreeing that the early Bronco is the Greatest Off-Road Vehicle of the Twentieth Century, but it is a bit presumptuous to say it will never be equaled or possibly even surpassed eventually--but that hasn't happened yet!

Hugo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Ford Bronco
I am with Bonestock. It needs to feel more retro. The reason why the early Broncos are so popular is not only because they were robust and reliable, it is also because of the iconic look and design. I hope I do not offend the artist that created this but I do not like at all this Raptor render from RT, because this looks like a newer F-Series Ford truck with a hard top.

There has to be a balance between look and functionality, and if that is achieved with the new 2020 Bronco it will be a great success. Simplicity, boldness and design but also a respect to the classic line should be the priority for the Ford Design team to succeed in this homage to the greatest 4x4 ever built.

I do like a lot the design created by the bronco6g team here, because I feel it successfully keeps some of the classic features like the square design, round front lights, fenders... but at the same time it feels modern.

3 years is going to be a long wait!!

Rozinante

Threads
Reaction score
I like your thinking on a lot of this but I think Ford will come out with the 4 door first and the 2 door or extended cab versions later (if at all). Sure there are probably enough enthusiasts and pent up interest to soak up all those initial sales but Ford will want to try and take a sizable chunk out of Wrangler sales right out the gate and the best way to do that is go after the Unlimited model. Plus I have doubts based on the fact that it will share platforms with the Ranger that Ford will modify it for a shorter wheelbase 2 door version although I surely won't complain and hope that they do.

The FJ failed because Toyota didn't build a worthy Wrangler competitor IMO. If you search around there are many complaints about the FJ's poor front suspension, horrible visibility, a soft chassis with too much flexing causing cracks in the body. And no removable top was just the cherry on top.

One of the big problems any Wrangler competitor has to overcome is brand recognition since JEEP has that in spades and essentially owns the entire category. You say Jeep and everyone automatically thinks of an off road open air Wrangler much like Kleenex became synonymous with tissues.

That's why the Bronco has the best chance if anyone can nudge into the Wrangler's monopoly on this space. But they have to learn the lessons of Toyota who didn't build a true FJ40 reimagined and paid the price for it. Ford has to build a Bronco worthy of the original nameplate, give it a removable top (absolutely no compromise on this one), solid axle (IMO a better choice than IFS), classic design and AFFORDABLE (one of the downfalls of the FJ also).

My two cents.
Don't forget that the FJ was fugly--some trim "reminiscent" of the FJ40 (the trim around the headlights & grille, for one...) but no FJ40 soul. Fugly doesn't sell.

Sponsored

Rozinante

Threads
Reaction score
I am with Bonestock. It needs to feel more retro. The reason why the early Broncos are so popular is not only because they were robust and reliable, it is also because of the iconic look and design. I hope I do not offend the artist that created this but I do not like at all this Raptor render from RT, because this looks like a newer F-Series Ford truck with a hard top.

There has to be a balance between look and functionality, and if that is achieved with the new 2020 Bronco it will be a great success. Simplicity, boldness and design but also a respect to the classic line should be the priority for the Ford Design team to succeed in this homage to the greatest 4x4 ever built.

I do like a lot the design created by the bronco6g team here, because I feel it successfully keeps some of the classic features like the square design, round front lights, fenders... but at the same time it feels modern.

3 years is going to be a long wait!!
Well said, Hugo! But careful here--Detroit & Dearborn interpret "boldness" to mean "the opposite of simplicity". Lots of swoopy side sculpting, slanty headlights exaggerated in length, dreadful simulated "air extractor" rubbish under the rear bumpers, and weird rooflines (The old Dodge Magnum: neither a station wagon nor a fastback--but praised for its stylistic "boldness"). And can we forget "cladding"--Avalanches, Elements, and about every Pontiac until the collapse??

Rozinante

Threads
Reaction score
That is more like a Grand Cherokee SRT competitor. I can't see anyone who wants a Wrangler seriously cross shopping this.
I think you are right, RSMan. A Raptor SUV--but not a Bronco...

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm torn on this. The Raptor is very good looking and I think these concept images look good. It just doesn't thrill me like the other concepts that look more like the original small Bronco. I can see where I might get more use out of a larger vehicle and it might be a little more practical, but what I really want is the small version with two doors and a removable top. I have a 2016 Mustang, but it would take a really good vehicle to get me to buy a new SUV. If the Bronco looks like this I might eventually own one when they are 5-10 years old, but it's unlikely I would buy it new.

Smittyca

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm torn on this. The Raptor is very good looking and I think these concept images look good. It just doesn't thrill me like the other concepts that look more like the original small Bronco. I can see where I might get more use out of a larger vehicle and it might be a little more practical, but what I really want is the small version with two doors and a removable top. I have a 2016 Mustang, but it would take a really good vehicle to get me to buy a new SUV. If the Bronco looks like this I might eventually own one when they are 5-10 years old, but it's unlikely I would buy it new.
Same here. I love the Raptor but the Bronco should be a totally different type of vehicle and stand out from the crowd of SUVs and trucks. A mini Raptor would be cool, just don't call it a Bronco.

jonford

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
RT just posted these artist renders of what a 2020 Bronco SVT Raptor could look like.

What do you guys think? I like it but feel the Bronco should have its own unique front end styling.

2020 Bronco SVT Raptor.jpg

2020 Bronco SVT Raptor 1.jpg

2020 Bronco SVT Raptor 2.jpg

2020 Bronco SVT Raptor 3.jpg
Love the idea of a raptor edition of the bronco! Would love to see a 4 door bronco raptor.

Sponsored

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"lets put a little old back in the new school"

Boldbronco

Raptor
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taurus and E350
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

RT just posted these artist renders of what a 2020 Bronco SVT Raptor could look like.

What do you guys think? I like it but feel the Bronco should have its own unique front end styling.

2020 Bronco SVT Raptor.jpg

2020 Bronco SVT Raptor 1.jpg

2020 Bronco SVT Raptor 2.jpg

2020 Bronco SVT Raptor 3.jpg
That looks almost like my 94 full size XTL but modern. I really like it.
Sponsored