Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, we don't know annual allocation this time around so it's really a month to month thing.
Ok we will keep it completely hypothetical. Assuming your allocation turns out to be less than the number of orders you have placed for 2022. I am a Granger reservation holder and let’s assume I am far enough down the line that your 2022 allocations are not enough to fill my order. Is it possible that a person with a reservation date later then mine but at a different dealer will have their Bronco built before me because they fit within their dealers allocation and I do not? I think a lot of us would like to try to understand how big of a factor does our particular dealers allocations play in to when we will be getting out trucks. Any information on that would be greatly appreciated and thank you for being here and providing us with information. Again any forum members that my have insight in to this please respond.
[/QUOTE]
This question has been asked at least three times on this very thread and every time its crickets from the dealers on here. The way it has been explained in the past is that if you don't fall within the allocations of your dealer for that year then you will not be getting a car from that dealer that year. I hope that is wrong, but it explains why dealers are silent on the topic.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't think this has been asked... I have a 7/15/2020 reservation but elected to push my order to 2022. Let's say there is someone else with a 8/10/2020 reservation. They ordered already but their rig won't be built so they have to reorder. Will I in theory be ahead of them since my reservation is earlier and we're both technically ordering a 2022 now?
yes, you'll be ahead for 2022.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow @Zach@Granger Got me all exited about 2022MY. Not giving up my VIN for a 2021MY. But boy I'm exited for 2022!

How soon before your build date should I call you about accessorizing my Bronco?
Once a build is assigned or when you get a VIN you can visit with @Granger Ford about arranging any accessories.
Curious, why no leases if the person doesn't live in Iowa? It's all through FMC isn't it?

I get the no delivery to other dealers though
It is an administrative nightmare for us and each state has different laws and regulations, so we can't provide a good customer experience.
So what about price protection if you placed order after 3/19? Have they revised that date for PP to any submitted order? Placed my order in early April.
I do not believe so.
So are MOD tops pushed to MY23?
Yes
Well, we don't know annual allocation this time around so it's really a month to month thing.
Ok we will keep it completely hypothetical. Assuming your allocation turns out to be less than the number of orders you have placed for 2022. I am a Granger reservation holder and let’s assume I am far enough down the line that your 2022 allocations are not enough to fill my order. Is it possible that a person with a reservation date later then mine but at a different dealer will have their Bronco built before me because they fit within their dealers allocation and I do not? I think a lot of us would like to try to understand how big of a factor does our particular dealers allocations play in to when we will be getting out trucks. Any information on that would be greatly appreciated and thank you for being here and providing us with information. Again any forum members that my have insight in to this please respond.
[/QUOTE]

In theory yes, The mix of Bronco reservations, Market area, Share of nation sales should apply to dealer allocation. In addition to that, I'd assume for 2022, that 2021 model year sales will play a part as well. I haven't seen anything concrete on that. I was pleasantly surprised by our total allocation for 2021. In theory at towards the end of 2022, the total Broncos delivered should work in our favor in the allocation forumula, but the market area of our store will be working against us. But it is a little bit of a guessing game as to how much it will help/hurt.
How do we know we NEED to reorder? There are more weeks of scheduling coming up...Say I have a build that is eligible to get picked for a 21 build week, does re-ordering for 22 remove the eligibility of being in a 21 build week?

In other words, does the 21 order and the 22 order exist concurrently, and the 22 order gets invalidated if the 21 happens to get scheduled?
All 2021 order should be scheduled here shortly, so that should give you clarity as to whether you are a 21 or not and need to re-order.

Sponsored

Easy-v

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This question has been asked at least three times on this very thread and every time its crickets from the dealers on here. The way it has been explained in the past is that if you don't fall within the allocations of your dealer for that year then you will not be getting a car from that dealer that year. I hope that is wrong, but it explains why dealers are silent on the topic.
[/QUOTE]

I thought I read that the reservations fall outside the allocations, and thatretail orders fall within allocations. I may be wrong, but I swear that is somewhere on this site in one of the pinned threads….

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I saw yesterday there were dealer comms stating MY21 balance out end date is 9/30.

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford can't do much about it because Dealerships have lobbied for laws that protect them from the "big bad manufacturers" I've looked up my state's laws and it is pretty crazy what exactly is limited. Like specifcally, in Maryland, a manufacturer cannot with hold vehicles from a dealership.

Which is why my first dealership, a maryland dealer, was absolutely upset when I pulled my order from him. Which is also why the formula for allocation favored the dealerships instead of the customers.

This country is so backwards.

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What about price protection? - If you have an order now your order will be price protected for 2022 as well. The key is your name and address need to match what is on your Ford account. If you switch trims, your price protection will still be okay. If Ford releases a new Edition (i.e. Raptor, Heritage, Etc.) you will pay whatever the new price is, there is no price protection on a new model, because it wasn't there for 2021. If you switch from a base to a big bend over the model year change, your pricing will be fine.
@Zach@Granger This paragraph in the FAQ write up you pulled together makes it seem like ANY pending order has price protection for 2022. Is this now the case? Or is it still limited to orders placed before March XX, 2021? (can't remember the date because I was after).

Just clarifying.

Metal_Horses

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1969 Mustang, 85 SVO, Mach-e
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about mansquatch for day1 res? Does price protection still apply as it wasn’t offered in 21?
Did you get an answer on this? I have a night 1 reservation that I never turned into an order because 2022 options. Mansquatch being one.

Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is an administrative nightmare for us and each state has different laws and regulations, so we can't provide a good customer experience.
Makes sense. I had been considering leasing, but I guess that's off the table.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger This paragraph in the FAQ write up you pulled together makes it seem like ANY pending order has price protection for 2022. Is this now the case? Or is it still limited to orders placed before March XX, 2021? (can't remember the date because I was after).

Just clarifying.
The March cutoff still applies, sorry for the confusion.

mcashin1

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you get an answer on this? I have a night 1 reservation that I never turned into an order because 2022 options. Mansquatch being one.
Zach said that would get price protection, but price protection is only promised if there was an order (not just a reservation) in before 3/19/21. I ordered my manual Badlands on 1/29/21, but I want the MIC top and didn't get scheduled, so I plan add Sasquatch assuming I'll get bumped to 2022 at this point.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford can't do much about it because Dealerships have lobbied for laws that protect them from the "big bad manufacturers" I've looked up my state's laws and it is pretty crazy what exactly is limited. Like specifcally, in Maryland, a manufacturer cannot with hold vehicles from a dealership.

Which is why my first dealership, a maryland dealer, was absolutely upset when I pulled my order from him. Which is also why the formula for allocation favored the dealerships instead of the customers.

This country is so backwards.
You ain't seen nothing yet.

mjjnuge

Heritage
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks for all the details and response to questions @Zach@Granger ! So happy I changed my reservation to Granger last year. Communion and transparency on this whole process has been excellent.
Sponsored