Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

ok so quick question... totally just curious form a lawyers perspective :)

could you file a lawsuit, and maybe get an injunction barring them form selling said bronco till its concluded?

lol then the thing would be on their lot collecting dust till it gets settled?
I don't do injunctions, but I think you need to prove "irreparable harm" so don't think you could for a car haha, see below.

Thank Wiki:
  1. the plaintiff has suffered irreparable injury;
  2. remedies available at law are inadequate to compensate that injury;
  3. considering the balance of hardships between the plaintiff and defendant, a remedy in equity is warranted; and
  4. the public interest would not be disserved by an injunction.
Not sure you would be able to satisfy all of these.
Sponsored

zman1988

Wildtrak
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Did you casually let your dealer know you're a lawyer?

If so, I'd bet they don't pull the ADM game with you. Just a thought.
May have mentioned it, or they could tell from my email signature block.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Alright, let's think about this a little bit, because this dealer was really shady in how they did this.

If you went to a restaurant, ordered a meal off the menu, they bring the meal to the table and it looks exactly like what you ordered... Do you think that it's right for the restaurant to inform you just before you get your meal that there is going to be a 20% additional markup after waiting enough time that all the other restaurants are no longer seating tables for dinner that night?!?

It's completely different, if you were to sit down, order something from the menu, and be informed at the time you ordered that there was a 20% markup on food tonight because there are other people willing to pay more for dinner that night. If you know this up front and still continue to order, fine. Most people would get up and leave.

This is just the most unethical and unbecoming behavior a dealership can engage in, because if they had honestly disclosed the ADM at the time of order, they would have lost the business and not had a retail order. Instead the current system rewards this unethical behavior, but that doesn't make it right.

dingle87

Black Diamond
First Name
Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

May have mentioned it, or they could tell from my email signature block.
9 out of 10 are idiots, so I doubt they noticed your signature. LOL

Sellout

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only way to win as a consumer is to walk away, but the dealer still wins when they sell to someone else for an extra $10k.

Nothing good happens on these stories unless you make it a PR story that gains traction with people like Mr. Levine, or others influential folks at Ford or the dealers.

Moon Township Ford is in the PIttsburgh suburbs. If the dealer shows up on TV and reporters are calling them out, it has a chance to do something. Here are the tip line emails for the 3 major news outlets in the city. I've reached out already. Tag the YouTube video and if enough people reach out, maybe we can help.

WPXI (NBC): [email protected]
WTAE (ABC): [email protected]
KDKA (CBS): [email protected]

Probably won't do anything, but bad PR is the only thing shady dealers hear and our only way to beat the system.

Sponsored

zman1988

Wildtrak
First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We learn in law school early on that someone that cant defend their position attacks the person they are against. Easy with the rejection of Capitalism comment. I myself am a good conservative boy and proponent of classical economics ("free hand" and such). Don't assume.

For fees, you couldn't afford me (joke) and I don't do court rooms (all corporate/transactional work for me). I wouldn't pay me to defend myself or file a claim against a dealer...

And I think your legal fees argument hurts your position and is likely the main reason people wouldn't fight the dealer (and the dealer knows it and that's why the charge ADM after the fact).

To be clear, I defend getting it in writing, thats why I did. But a lot of people just dont know. Doesnt mean they have no recourse or deserve what happened here. Sometimes when you can do something legally, doesnt mean you should. Most good lawyers advise their clients of this.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is infuriating! I am fearful that my dealer will do this to me when my Bronco is finally here and as a young adult that has been saving for the last year just to try to afford a Bronco I may just have to walk from mine because that's such BS.

Business is business? Sorry but no. That doesn't excuse the BS these dealers are pulling. I'm so mad for your wife šŸ¤¬
I think anytime a dealer goes to the dark side, we should shame them publicly on social media and tag Ford, giving them the bad publicity that that extra cash won't clean up.

UPnort

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Million dollar ? If the wealthy are getting screwed what chances do we peasants have šŸ„ŗ
Pretty damn good. Got it at Granger... but for real I wish everyone success in life. Someone who has it better than 90% of Americans isn't going to get my sympathy vote though when it comes to something like this.

LOSTXGOLD

Base
First Name
TEO
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lostgoldx.wixsite.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAV4, past: 2013 BMW 328i, 370Z, XJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
And this my friends, is why I am driving 11 Hours from Texas to Iowa (GRANGER).

I will definitely keep them in prayer, maybe some divine intervention will help.

Or maybe a bolt of lightning strikes that dealership šŸ™ŒšŸ½ āš”

uniqueusername

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Alright, let's think about this a little bit, because this dealer was really shady in how they did this.

If you went to a restaurant, ordered a meal off the menu, they bring the meal to the table and it looks exactly like what you ordered... Do you think that it's right for the restaurant to inform you just before you get your meal that there is going to be a 20% additional markup after waiting enough time that all the other restaurants are no longer seating tables for dinner that night?!?

It's completely different, if you were to sit down, order something from the menu, and be informed at the time you ordered that there was a 20% markup on food tonight because there are other people willing to pay more for dinner that night. If you know this up front and still continue to order, fine. Most people would get up and leave.

This is just the most unethical and unbecoming behavior a dealership can engage in, because if they had honestly disclosed the ADM at the time of order, they would have lost the business and not had a retail order. Instead the current system rewards this unethical behavior, but that doesn't make it right.

Maybe you should have gotten an agreed upon price in writing before your meal was prepared. /s

Seriously though, this is the most concise and logical explanation I have seen trying to breakdown why ADMs for preorders is unethical and unscrupulous.

We were given a menu (Ford.com), we ordered or food (Bronco) based on our appetite and the price, the waiter (dealership) takes it to the cook (FoMoCo) who eventually (up to a year later in some cases) makes the food. Waiter brings us the food but since his tips sucked that night (likely the year long wait for food) he decides to upcharge the meal.

Good luck explaining that to Captain Capitalism though. His definition of the word 'capitalism' appears to be, "r@p3 the consumer at all cost because 'mUh fReE mArKeT.'"

Sponsored

alexpsu88

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon, c10, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

M.anufacturers S.uggested R.etail P.rice

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad I ordered from Granger. Only downside is they have so many orders in front of mine!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer pulled this and my advice is to not play the dealership game unless you desperately need a car NOW.

These will be all over the place in the next few years, thereā€™s no way itā€™s worth getting hosed by a dealer and potentially being upside down on a loan in the future. I walked away and put down an order with Granger. Work with good dealerships and remember them in the future.
There will be plenty of this going on for some time. If you pass, the next person will step up and dealers know this. It's a bad time to be looking for a Bronco, especially if you don't have a trustworthy dealer. A year ago I posted how important I felt dealer loyalty is and people slammed me and said price is the only important thing. My dealer doesn't do ADM on any model ever, so I know this won't happen to me.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Glad I ordered from Granger. Only downside is they have so many orders in front of mine!
Didn't they just say they lost about 50 of their allocation? That would mean the wait will be even longer.
Sponsored