Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Never saw the video.
Did the guy have a res, never get bottom line pricing with a signed contract and it showed up with a 10K mark up?
Essentially, yes
Sponsored

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
People need to stop paying these markups. Dealers have to sell cars to survive, if everyone stops paying they'll drop the adms. Unfortunately too many people have more money than sense and just dgaf if they are over spending or fucking up the market for the average person.
You should try buying a collector vehicle and see what that's like. You've been looking for a part for 3 years and one turns up, but the price $$$. Will you take a chance another will turn up for less or buy while you can?

uniqueusername

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You should try buying a collector vehicle and see what that's like. You've been looking for a part for 3 years and one turns up, but the price $$$. Will you take a chance another will turn up for less or buy while you can?
That really doesn't work here.

These are (eventually going to be) mass produced vehicles. I get the late production start, chip issues, and hard top debacle will limit the MY21 and possibly MY22 production numbers, but MAP is built out to make 250K units a year with a 60/40 Bronco/Ranger ration. 125K plus units a year does a collectors item make.

Sponsored

jehines3

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350L, Chevrolet Silverado, Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
!0k over MSRP? For the one I ordered from you?
Let me take it for another test drive.....just to make sure.

whoopsie! I'm not going to take it.

1631598296583.png

As someone Who manages the system of an Electric Utility Company, that hurts me at my core.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That really doesn't work here.

These are (eventually going to be) mass produced vehicles. I get the late production start, chip issues, and hard top debacle will limit the MY21 and possibly MY22 production numbers, but MAP is built out to make 250K units a year with a 60/40 Bronco/Ranger ration. 125K plus units a year does a collectors item make.
We've been saying most of this for a year and a half now and production has barely started. Many either can't or won't wait for whatever their reason is and get it while they can regardless of the price being ridiculous. I wouldn't do it. There are other choices available in a reasonable amount of time.

Pattytester

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does raise the question of what Ford's guaranteed 'price protection' even means if a dealer can surprise a reservation holder with a $10k ADM.
Seriously! That’s just price guaranteeing the dealers margin!

Redeye84

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My assigned is Earnhardt. So far interaction has been soso. Nothing to complain about but nothing spectacular either.
I am with Earnhardt as well and in the same boat no vin/build date. I was curious if they told you they would only charge msrp?

They told me in January only msrp no markups and I got a ordersheet with pricing via email. It's not signed but I would like to think the email thread is the signature.

Sponsored

Clearwater native

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19F-59,16-E350, 65C10,05TJ, 67RSCamaro, 65malibuSS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like that dealership want's some publicity, BBB and Google reviews (not all dealers are like this) I know they need to make money but I am sure Ford didn't anticipate their Dealers Treating customers and ex employees this way.

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Man I didn't even get to see the video but by the comments here this dealer is a top contestant for douchebag dealer of the year award.

Bigwheelin

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All the people who chime in that their price should have been negotiated at"ordering" time we get it... lost dealers are sucking at communications and have no clue. I didn't get a purchase order either and thankfully my dealer is honoring MSRP..

But this video sucks to watch for this couple.

Any body that has a reservation should be charged msrp and that’s it! They can mark up cancelled orders and there own stock whatever they want . But reservations that people have waited for and priced out on the ford site should be just that. These dealers should be shut down period!

CValencia

Black Diamond
First Name
Carmen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am with Earnhardt as well and in the same boat no vin/build date. I was curious if they told you they would only charge msrp?

They told me in January only msrp no markups and I got a ordersheet with pricing via email. It's not signed but I would like to think the email thread is the signature.
My sales rep (Amanda) has told me the same. I also got an unsigned order sheet with pricing. I asked about negotiations when I first placed my order and was told no lower than MSRP+Fees. Was also told that I couldn't get a purchase agreement or any other docs until delivery date was scheduled.

So far they've seemed pretty facts only about the whole transaction so by no means do I want to assume that they'll screw me over but stories like in this thread definitely make me concerned. Could definitely be using money that's going to the Bronco for a house instead so I'm on a very fine line if they do choose to markup.

Last edited:

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea I was going to say the same thing. The guy even said "if this Bronco was for me, there's definitely a good chance I could flip it. But it's for my wife." Sounds like there's some history there of buying and flipping Ford's for profit. Makes you wonder why he thought he wouldn't need a purchase order in advance.
Yep, I picked up on that as well. If he's worked there that long, there is definitely history and he knew he should have a purchase order when ordering.
You don't think they could ditch the agreement and still charge ADM?

The "you should have a signed price agreement..." is great advice after the fact, I have one as well. I still have to trust that the dealership will honor this non-binding document.

An unscrupulous dealer doesn't care. Frankly, what are you going to do about it?
The way I look at it is this...

Everybody buying a Bronco has to agree to a price at some point. Why not agree to it BEFORE you order? It's not rocket science.
Sponsored