Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

QUOTE="Metal_Horses, post: 831113, member: 80"]
My dealer automatically turned my reservation into an order in January and Ford said they shouldn't have done that and told me to cancel that order, add a 2nd reservation (In January) and they behind the scenes changed the date to match my night 1 reservation.

Will be interesting to see what happens when I finally order my 2022.
[/QUOTE]
Thatā€™s kinda bs because a dealer I went to did the same thing but cancelled my order without my consent and I had to redo a reservation at another dealer and lost my place in line. I was pissed and still am pissed ford said they couldnā€™t do anything about it.
Sponsored

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You'll just need to confirm with your dealer they resubmitted the order as a 2022.

I have 0 solid information on that. So please don't use me as a reference.

The best way to start the process would be to email [email protected] with your build and price. That would help us a lot!

Well, we don't know annual allocation this time around so it's really a month to month thing.
So does that mean we will have no idea until late next year if we still might get a MY22 or be pushed to '23? My confidence that Ford can cover the remaining (buildable, eg no mod top or other known delay items) order backlog in 2022, let alone early '22, is essentially zero at this point. :mad:

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So does that mean we will have no idea until late next year if we still might get a MY22 or be pushed to '23? My confidence that Ford can cover the remaining (buildable, eg no mod top or other known delay items) order backlog in 2022, let alone early '22, is essentially zero at this point. :mad:
Realistically, I doubt that Ford itself will know until several months into MY22 production. Everything goes right and they crank up the Bronco % at MAP, they can have the backlog killed by next summer. But people don't know what the coronavirus, chip, or supply chain situation is going to look like next month, let alone next year.

OP
OP
Zach@Granger

Zach@Granger

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
grangerfordextendedwarranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Zach@Granger I see in the OP that you mention orders in before 3/19 only, but I could have sworn some of those earlier emails said orders and reservations in before 3/19 (e.g. I wanted a body colored hard top, which at the time I thought was going to be available in 22, so I didn't order).

1631650863950.png
Sorry I meant both.
I have to change my color. Will they allow that?
Yes.
Will the hardtop prep-kit continue in MY '22 for those that go soft top?
We'll know when the order guide is released, but I'd assume so.

Sponsored

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A Ford customer representative told me this spring that MY22 would follow time stamp without an allocation applied. They were very concrete in saying the allocation formula ended after MY21. This contradicts your post. Can I assume you have better or more recent information?

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a small dealer and early ish 7/18 Res. I have just been patient and now there are only 9 Broncos in front of me. I'm thinking I will see one sometime late first quarter with a tiny bit of luck. I feel that these people that keep moving around from dealer to dealer are chasing a ghost. I also agree with you on the big dealer with too many orders v.s. allocations. My dealer is a straight shooter, I'm not getting below MSRP, but I am getting MSRP and he is in my backyard.
For 2021 all dealers got roughly the same percentage of allocations versus orders. In fact, from what we saw on this forum Granger did slightly better than average. Moving dealers chasing allocation is a fools game. You're betting that the other dealer's mix of reservations is different than where you're at.

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks guys I have no other recent information. I guess I was just going by some of the older posts I came across on here.

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For 2021 all dealers got roughly the same percentage of allocations versus orders. In fact, from what we saw on this forum Granger did slightly better than average. Moving dealers chasing allocation is a fools game. You're betting that the other dealer's mix of reservations is different than where you're at.
I wish my dealerā€™s mix included more actual customer orders. All theyā€™ve gotten in so far has been employee, I mean ā€œcanceledā€ orders.

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All this does make you wonder what if this rollout would have been smoother if people had skin in the game.

$100 reservation? Fine.

Want to order, it's another $900.

Sponsored

Chops

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79 Ford Bronco,2017 GMC 2010 chevy short box truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
2021 model year has come and gone (mostly) and you've been left without a VIN and Bronco schedule date yet. We were intially allocated 203 Broncos for the model year, because of production delays we will end up receiving vins for roughly 75% of our original estimate. So don't fret, you are not alone! How do you prepare for 2022 MY Orders opening? Here's a few helpful tips to keep in mind.

Order of things to come
  1. The Order Guide will be released - This is our ordering 'gospel' if you will. There are lots of rumors of what will or will not be added to the 2022 Bronco options. If that option is not on the ordering guide it is not available. I'm sure it will be found online somewhere before I can find it, so please pour over it and finalize your options before calling your dealer.
  2. Ordering will be open in Conceps, then in WBDO. Be patient! - CONCEPS is a old computer system that you can back your way into in Ford's system and was used for years. For those of you who were born before millenials, you are more than familiar with how to navigate these screens. I am not. :) So ordering will open in conceps a day or two before, B6G members will rush like crazy to get your order placed, but the majority of orders will be placed in WBDO, it is a much easier system to navigate, you'll need to just wait a day or so.
  3. Order time doesn't determine scheduling - We should know this by now, but the time you place the order does not determine when your Bronco will be built. I'm not sure on the exact dates, but Ford has allowed a 30-60 day window to place your order. As long as you place your order in that timeframe, your reservation date will determine your priority, not your order date.
  4. Production start up - 2022 Bronco Production is slated to start in December. I, like all of you, am hoping for a smooth start up for 2022. Ford has prioritized chip availability, with MIC 2.0 solving top issues Ford should be able to belt out significantly more production for 2022 model year than 2021 (which was 6 months of production). Now we also live in a world where covid has hampered production for all manufacturers, so please keep that in mind.
  5. 2022 Bronco Delivery timeline to Dealers - With production starting in December 2021, January 2022 should be when dealers start to see their Broncos show up on the lot in volume. Keep in mind I've seen two different model years show up on the same transport. With the demand the Bronco has, anticipate Ford building as much as they can to satisfy the pent up demand and not a big wait from end of 2021 to beginning of 2022.
FAQs

Will I need to place a new order?
- Yes, the Ford system does not allow us to just convert from a 2021 model year to a 2022 model year without any other changes. We have to initiate a new order as a 2022 and replicate your past options if no other changes are requested. I'd recommend you verify all the new options are correct and ask for an order summary for a 2022 build if you had a 2021.

What about price protection? - If you have an order now your order will be price protected for 2022 as well. The key is your name and address need to match what is on your Ford account. If you switch trims, your price protection will still be okay. If Ford releases a new Edition (i.e. Raptor, Heritage, Etc.) you will pay whatever the new price is, there is no price protection on a new model, because it wasn't there for 2021. If you switch from a base to a big bend over the model year change, your pricing will be fine.

Will my dealer know their total allocation for 2022 MY? - It is my understanding that allocation for 2022 model year, while following the same/similar formula as 2021, will not be given out as a total year number in 2022. As I stated in the beginning of this post, we didn't receive our 2021 model year estimate because of delays. Taking it month-by-month like the traditional allocation system allows can help Ford adjust more quickly on the fly and dealerships will only know on a monthly basis what their allocation looks like.

Reservations versus new orders. What is the difference? - Ford has now stated that they are accepting new retail orders, but has temporarily suspended the reservation system. With such great demand, why would Ford allow new orders to be placed? If a dealer has exhausted their demand for Big Bend 4-doors and a new customer walks up and wants to place an order, this allows the dealer to place that order and the customer to receive production sooner. This does not allow a customer with the same exact order to leap frog a customer with a reservation for the exact same Bronco. Towards the end of 2022, while reservations are closed to exhausted, this will allow more customers to get the Bronco they want faster. Reservations > Retail Orders.

Should I forget about soft tops? - No!!! I still maintain that if you want your order ASAP order with a soft top. While I anticipate hard top production to pick up dramatically, the soft top will still be in less demand and if you equip your order with a soft top it will schedule more quickly. Unless you are a super early reservation holder that hasn't received their Bronco yet for 2021, I would not forget about the soft top to expedite orders.

In summary, I'm trying to remain optimistic as the 2022 model year order banks open up. The micro chip shortage is not going away anytime soon, that is going to be a battle that Ford fights all year. But I know they are prioritizing those supplies for the Bronco. Between that and a hard top fix, my hope is that Ford can build all they anticipate on a monthly basis and fill all existing reservation demand in 2022. That is my hope and I don't have any specific insight, but with customers backing out of reservations for various reasons and the shut off of new reservations, that number will continue to get smaller and smaller as the year goes on.

As always, we're very appreciative of everyone here and will do our best to help and assist anyone who has an existing reservation with us, another dealer, is considering transferring, or looking to place a fresh order. We're extremely grateful for the community @Administrator has built here and look forward to continue to contribute our little piece to make it better.

Granger Specific Customers - As a reminder, we do not participate in out of state leasing and courtesy deliveries at another dealership.
Can someone explain to me why Ford is taking more new orders without reservations when I am being told that I wonā€™t see my bronco until 2023 because I want dual tops? WTH? Why such a wait on the dual tops? My dealership is no help answering any questions.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can someone explain to me why Ford is taking more new orders without reservations when I am being told that I wonā€™t see my bronco until 2023 because I want dual tops? WTH? Why such a wait on the dual tops? My dealership is no help answering any questions.
Because MIC hard tops are the biggest bottleneck on Bronco production. Many more customers want a MIC hard top than will be available to fill orders well into 22MY, so stand-alone MIC hard tops are not expected to be available as an accessory from your local dealerā€™s parts department until 23MY. Ford would rather sell more Bronco units with a single top (MIC or soft) than artificially limit unit sales by selling some Broncos with two tops (MIC and soft) until the bottleneck is resolved.

TL;DR - Ford makes more profit by selling an entire vehicle at $40,000+/- than by selling an additional top accessory.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Zach, something I have not understood from the outset. Letā€™s say a dealership has way more orders than their allocation. Example is dealer has 1200 orders and only gets 800 2022 allocations. And letā€™s say the person that is 900th in line at this dealership has a 7/30/20 reservation. Does that mean number 900 will not get their Bronco in 2022 no matter what and more specifically, does that mean someone else at another dealership with a later reservation (I.e. 8/30/20) will have their Bronco built first if they happen to be within their dealers allocations? In other words is it a disadvantage to have your order at a dealership that has way more orders then they do allocations? If any other members know the answers to these questions please respond as I am not sure Zach will be back in here and I donā€™t know how to @ him.
Great question. I've wondered about ordering from my local small dealer who my family has bought cars from for probably 40 years now or to go to one of the largest dealerships in the region for better chance of getting one.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Zach, something I have not understood from the outset. Letā€™s say a dealership has way more orders than their allocation. Example is dealer has 1200 orders and only gets 800 2022 allocations. And letā€™s say the person that is 900th in line at this dealership has a 7/30/20 reservation. Does that mean number 900 will not get their Bronco in 2022 no matter what and more specifically, does that mean someone else at another dealership with a later reservation (I.e. 8/30/20) will have their Bronco built first if they happen to be within their dealers allocations? In other words is it a disadvantage to have your order at a dealership that has way more orders then they do N? If any other members know the answers to these questions please respond as I am not sure Zach will be back in here and I donā€™t know how to @ him.
I am sure this has already been answered as I am just catching up to this thread, but...

Yes, if a dealer's allocation is exhausted then certainly a later order at a dealer with open allocation certainly can leapfrog the earlier reservation.

Not all companies are the same however in my experience last year a dealer cannot even place an order if they do not have an allocation.. As Zach indicated and we have seen, not all orders can be fulfilled within a model year order bank, regardless of allocation...but with the now paused reservation system, would Ford have disallowed the 11th reservation at a small dealer who only has an allocation of 10? At the time reservations opened 14 months ago they did not even correctly anticipate the demand.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All this does make you wonder what if this rollout would have been smoother if people had skin in the game.

$100 reservation? Fine.

Want to order, it's another $900.
That's a lot of money to have going unused.
Sponsored