Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

This thread is for those of you wondering how to connect your auxiliary lights to the pre-run wiring locations and auxiliary switch bank on your 2021 Ford Bronco! The aux switch bank is standard on Wildtrak, First Edition, Badlands, and Black Diamond Broncos and an option on Base, Big Bend, and Outer Banks.

Ford did an awesome job putting several "Accessory Ready” mounting locations all around the Bronco, and below is a writeup on how to connect to your aux switch bank using the Diode Dynamics OEM Auxiliary Switch Harness. I hope you find it helpful!

• Locating the Pre-Run Factory Wiring (0:28)
If you go to the owner's manual in the features tab of your head unit, you'll see that Ford has provided a full wiring diagram showing the exact locations of all the wiring for our auxiliary switches.

Ford Bronco How-to DIY: Wiring the Auxiliary Switches on the 2021 Ford Bronco J8890dO

We love the fact that Ford has gone the extra mile to route the wiring to different “Accessory Ready” mounting locations around the Bronco including the grille, the fenders, and the rear quarter panel.

• Identifying Wire Colors & Amperages (0:49)

In the owner’s manual, you will also find a table listing each aux switch and its corresponding wire color and current draw rating. Be sure to check the amp draw on your auxiliary lighting to ensure the switch is rated appropriately for the light.

Ford Bronco How-to DIY: Wiring the Auxiliary Switches on the 2021 Ford Bronco CA6Lnhc

• Connecting Auxiliary Switch Harness (1:01)

Using the Diode Dynamics OEM Auxiliary Switch Harness, connect to your power wire. Using wire strippers, remove enough insulation to make a good connection. Insert the wire into the butt connector and crimp it to secure the connection.

Ford Bronco How-to DIY: Wiring the Auxiliary Switches on the 2021 Ford Bronco wkY8FuY

Then you’ll want to locate a factory grounding point for the black wire.

Ford Bronco How-to DIY: Wiring the Auxiliary Switches on the 2021 Ford Bronco I0Wp1I8

• Routing the Harness (1:36)

Route the harness to your auxiliary lights and test to complete the installation.

Ford Bronco How-to DIY: Wiring the Auxiliary Switches on the 2021 Ford Bronco GAhTLKl

As you can see our OEM Auxiliary Switch Harness makes it super simple to install auxiliary lights using the factory accessory-ready mounting locations on the Bronco.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, or email [email protected].

PM us for the free-shipping code (U.S. forum members only)

John C.
Diode Dynamics
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very cool, nice write up.

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

TheRouteLessTraveled

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome video, Diode Dynamics!

Thank you for creating this walk-through video for Bronco owners.

Cheers,
Kenny

OP
OP
Diode Dynamics

Diode Dynamics

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Awesome video, Diode Dynamics!

Thank you for creating this walk-through video for Bronco owners.

Cheers,
Kenny
Thank you for the positive feedback, Kenny!

We promise to continue providing quality products and professional content in the Bronco community.

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Sponsored

Thurmy7

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban, Tacoma, Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Diode Dynamics - I bought the Stage Series SS3 Ditch Light Kit (White Combo - Max) for my Bronco. Based on the specs it shows 3 amps used for the Max lights. So, I should be fine to wire my 2 pillar lights to any of the 10 amp auxiliary switches right?

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thread is for those of you wondering how to connect your auxiliary lights to the pre-run wiring locations and auxiliary switch bank on your 2021 Ford Bronco! The aux switch bank is standard on Wildtrak, First Edition, Badlands, and Black Diamond Broncos and an option on Base, Big Bend, and Outer Banks.

Ford did an awesome job putting several "Accessory Ready” mounting locations all around the Bronco, and below is a writeup on how to connect to your aux switch bank using the Diode Dynamics OEM Auxiliary Switch Harness. I hope you find it helpful!

If you go to the owner's manual in the features tab of your head unit, you'll see that Ford has provided a full wiring diagram showing the exact locations of all the wiring for our auxiliary switches.

J8890dO.png

We love the fact that Ford has gone the extra mile to route the wiring to different “Accessory Ready” mounting locations around the Bronco including the grille, the fenders, and the rear quarter panel.

In the owner’s manual, you will also find a table listing each aux switch and its corresponding wire color and current draw rating. Be sure to check the amp draw on your auxiliary lighting to ensure the switch is rated appropriately for the light.

CA6Lnhc.png

Using the Diode Dynamics OEM Auxiliary Switch Harness, connect to your power wire. Using wire strippers, remove enough insulation to make a good connection. Insert the wire into the butt connector and crimp it to secure the connection.

wkY8FuY.png

I0Wp1I8.png

Route the harness to your auxiliary lights and test to complete the installation.

GAhTLKl.png

As you can see our OEM Auxiliary Switch Harness makes it super simple to install auxiliary lights using the factory accessory-ready mounting locations on the Bronco.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, or email [email protected].

John C.
Diode Dynamics
Nice job, I already wired mine and everything works great. The S3 fog lights are killer!

Last edited:

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Diode Dynamics Are you guys considering a SS6 kit for Bronco? They seem like a more appropriate fit for my needs in the HD modular bumper.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco How-to DIY: Wiring the Auxiliary Switches on the 2021 Ford Bronco GAhTLKl

John C.
Diode Dynamics
I'm looking at these and have a couple questions.
Stage Series 2" SAE/DOT Yellow Pro Standard LED Pod (pair)

And the specs say:
Current (amps @ 12.8V): Main Beam: 2, Backlight: 0.06

Is that 2 amps for the pair, or 2 amps for each?

If 2 amps for the pair, I should be able to hook 2 pairs for a total of 4 amps to a single 10A switch, say e.g. Aux6 10A? Assuming I don't mind not being able to individually select which pair of lamps illuminate.

thanks.

Sponsored

BRKOBILLY2

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I like it and you made the install less scary!!! I am sure the lights are bright, but I was thinking of doing a 5 inch style light for the look and the ability. Any thoughts?

ThunderSquatch

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch, (ex: RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI 4x4)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm looking at these and have a couple questions.
Stage Series 2" SAE/DOT Yellow Pro Standard LED Pod (pair)

And the specs say:
Current (amps @ 12.8V): Main Beam: 2, Backlight: 0.06

Is that 2 amps for the pair, or 2 amps for each?

If 2 amps for the pair, I should be able to hook 2 pairs for a total of 4 amps to a single 10A switch, say e.g. Aux6 10A? Assuming I don't mind not being able to individually select which pair of lamps illuminate.

thanks.

I was wondering the same thing. Then, I noticed that if you look at the same Stage Series 2" light offered as a "one" and not a "pair", all of the specs remain identical. This leads me to think that each pod individually draws a maximum of 2 A.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-2-sae-dot-yellow-pro-standard-led-pod-one.html

BroncoNapped

Base
First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S10
Your Bronco Model
Base
Great info, simple and clear. Thanks

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was wondering the same thing. Then, I noticed that if you look at the same Stage Series 2" light offered as a "one" and not a "pair", all of the specs remain identical. This leads me to think that each pod individually draws a maximum of 2 A.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-2-sae-dot-yellow-pro-standard-led-pod-one.html
that sounds correct. looking around there is also a data sheet link. this was from the 'pair' page specifications.
it reads a lot like those specs are per pod, as you said.
http://images.diodedynamics.com/docs/datasheets/ssc2_pod/SSC2_Pro_Yellow_Standard_Datasheet.pdf
Ford Bronco How-to DIY: Wiring the Auxiliary Switches on the 2021 Ford Bronco 1631760455861

TRMFAM

First Edition
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 & 73 Bronco, 21 MDX A-Spec, 20 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Great video thank you for posting...I know a lot of time and effort go into making these instructional vids and it is greatly appreciated!

One possible enhancement, and I don't know if you all would consider adding these parts to the light kits but with my Raptor the factory Aux wires are pretty short and if you ever decide to change an accessory to a different switch or have to replace a light and you cut back the factory wire it will get that much shorter or if you instead re-splice and add a second butt connector... less than ideal. Typically the less connections the better. I added weatherpak connections so they are plug / un-plug as needed. You could also use Delphi or other brands...any thoughts?

Yes, I have the specialty crimpers for both Weatherpak and Delphi but you can install them with needle nose pliers.
Sponsored