joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Took the muffler off last night after noticing it too much with the 4wp rear bumper and possibly hitting it offroading. Ordered a stainless turndown and band clamp, $30 total. For some reason the factory band clamp wouldn't clamp down enough on my pipe, so purchased one from napa. Its actually quieter than I thought and cleans up the rear of the truck. I'll see how long I can last the noise and if there's a decrease in performance.

Also seen shopmrt.com released some exhaust options. Saved myself quite a bit of money from their pipe extension lol

Added video:

Ford Bronco 2.3L muffler delete [added sound clip] 20210915_115547

Ford Bronco 2.3L muffler delete [added sound clip] Screenshot_20210915-122718_Samsung Internet

Update:
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have you ever run a convertible vehicle with an exhaust that did not exit in the right place? If the exhaust flow out of the pipe dies not get into the flow of air going past the vehicle it gets swirled up and over into the vehicle. Basically you end up smelling and breathing exhaust all the time. This more of a problem with a vehicle shaped like a brick like a Bronco.

It does not look like it would be hard to fix. Just turn the pipe in the picture clockwise 90 degrees or so and extend it to out behind the tire.

How does the 4 banger sound without an exhaust?

Sponsored

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco_joe

Bronco_joe

Black Diamond
First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have you ever run a convertible vehicle with an exhaust that did not exit in the right place? If the exhaust flow out of the pipe dies not get into the flow of air going past the vehicle it gets swirled up and over into the vehicle. Basically you end up smelling and breathing exhaust all the time. This more of a problem with a vehicle shaped like a brick like a Bronco.

It does not look like it would be hard to fix. Just turn the pipe in the picture clockwise 90 degrees or so and extend it to out behind the tire.

How does the 4 banger sound without an exhaust?
I remember smelling my old jeep all the time. It's angled a little to the rear tire, I'll keep notice of smell with top down.

Just posted video. Honestly I thought it would sound worse but it's not bad. Maybe not good either

palley6

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I remember smelling my old jeep all the time. It's angled a little to the rear tire, I'll keep notice of smell with top down.

Just posted video. Honestly I thought it would sound worse but it's not bad. Maybe not good either
Honestly? Its not anywhere near as bad as I expected it to be. Maybe if you get some videos/audio driving around that would be interesting to hear
Sponsored