First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wish Baja Designs would make a kit with one fog light for each side. I dont need six lights and two bezels for $1000. Two lights and a couple bezels for $300 and I am in.
Agreed. And I may be alone on this, but I think round lights would look more consistent with the round headlights. It just doesn’t look right.
That’s great. My Bronco will be made in September so I’ll be ordering lights as soon as I get the build date confirmation
Curious how you would know that your build is in September but don’t have a build date.
I don’t have a build date, and I don’t know shit. So I had to ask.
Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just got off phone with Baja design. Their amber light is street legal. If it wasn’t. I would cancel order. Has its own circuit.
Their amber fog light is SAE legal, but unless they redesigned it since last September (when I was shopping them for my Raptor) it’s poorly engineered. Their SAE optic was found not to meet the standard, so they added a metal shutter between the LED and the inside of the lens to further confine the beam.

I ended up with the Diode Dynamics SAE amber fogs on my Tacoma. I hate rewarding people who copy other people’s designs, but DD built a better mousetrap.

Here is a very comprehensive review on the BD:

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...fog-light-review.554813/page-49#post-21044065

Ford Bronco Baja Designs Bronco Light Kits FE0E8976-33FA-466A-929F-AA93B9D61BC2

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Their amber fog light is SAE legal, but unless they redesigned it since last September (when I was shopping them for my Raptor) it’s poorly engineered. Their SAE optic was found not to meet the standard, so they added a metal shutter between the LED and the inside of the lens to further confine the beam.

I ended up with the Diode Dynamics SAE amber fogs on my Tacoma. I hate rewarding people who copy other people’s designs, but DD built a better mousetrap.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads...fog-light-review.554813/page-49#post-21044065

I second diode dynamic sae amber fogs. They are excellent for on-road.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As many of you have already seen Baja Designs has released some lighting kits for the new Bronco and Bronco sport.

Stage 3 has placed a large order to ensure we have all of the products available for our customers

All of the products have been loaded on our site linked below

Baja Design Bronco Kits @ Stage 3
bronco baja.jpg

As soon as I have more information available I will let you know.
You can also call me for more information.

Frank
623-533-5881
Excellent! Thank you!
Will Noah make an install video!
He does great work!

OP
OP
Stage 3 Motorsports

Stage 3 Motorsports

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door 2.7L Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent! Thank you!
Will Noah make an install video!
He does great work!
Of course! Once our Bronco arrives im pretty sure there will be plenty of Bronco content going up on the YouTube channel.

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Of course! Once our Bronco arrives im pretty sure there will be plenty of Bronco content going up on the YouTube channel.
Excellent! Thank you!
Noah did mention his desire to build out a Bronco and video the journey. Sounds like he likes the idea of either a Base or maybe a Black Diamond. That will be a wonderful group of videos to watch since I really enjoyed his build of the Ranger.
I attached the video which is now one year old where he talks about the Bronco. Great content!

JCAntimatter

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 4Runner TRD PRO, Acura MDX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just got off phone with Baja design. Their amber light is street legal. If it wasn’t. I would cancel order. Has its own circuit.
I'm wondering if each light attaches to a different up fitter switch? Or do the all funnel into 1 switch? I'd hope to operate each light independently.

Thane

Badlands
First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 FJ Cruiser, 21 JLURXR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Excellent information in a psuedo science industry with very few straight manufacturers.

After being stopped twice by LEOs for lights in CA, I switched to SAE compliant fog lights and aux headlights by Rigid, SAE stamped on lens. I can run without covers and use on highways. The light distribution and cutoff is excellent with high lumens. The lens do not oxidize and fog up, finish is superior to the Chinese lights I previously ran, no chipping. Baja Designs make nice lights, I wish their SAEs were better designed.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do the BD reverse lighting brackets without the license plate mount? Has anyone installed these yet and can provide a review?

Thanks!

OP
OP
Stage 3 Motorsports

Stage 3 Motorsports

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do the BD reverse lighting brackets without the license plate mount? Has anyone installed these yet and can provide a review?

Thanks!
Two seperate brackets, it is available with or without the license plate mount.

Ford Bronco Baja Designs Bronco Light Kits 1631724179701

Sponsored

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Two seperate brackets, it is available with or without the license plate mount.

Ford Bronco Baja Designs Bronco Light Kits 1631724179701
Thanks for this info.

I glanced (not studied) the install instructions and it looked to me that the wiring routing was different for the licence plate mount vs not. Is this to connect to the license plate light? If so, why wouldn’t the standard mount follow the same routing out of the tailgate and just bypass the light connection?

Just curious. Thanks!

OP
OP
Stage 3 Motorsports

Stage 3 Motorsports

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for this info.

I glanced (not studied) the install instructions and it looked to me that the wiring routing was different for the licence plate mount vs not. Is this to connect to the license plate light? If so, why wouldn’t the standard mount follow the same routing out of the tailgate and just bypass the light connection?

Just curious. Thanks!
Ease of install to get the main harness under the bronco to run to the engine bay. Routing can certainly be modified if you choose to do so, thats the way Baja felt best. We have not done the install yet so cant comment to what better ways there might be.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ease of install to get the main harness under the bronco to run to the engine bay. Routing can certainly be modified if you choose to do so, thats the way Baja felt best. We have not done the install yet so cant comment to what better ways there might be.
Thanks.

Since I won’t have a Bronco until late November at the earliest I’m sure someone will post some install pics and reviews before then. Looks like a good system but I’m not sure about the protrusion of the lights - it will be nice to see some installed pics and impressions of the overall package.
Sponsored