Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep 2dr Rubicon, 2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yup, got mine yesterday. Part number is M2DZ-7842528-B
IMG_20210914_162839.jpg
Very nice! I was considering plastidip (or overlay badging like I did on my wife’s 4Runner) for my Badlands (if it ever gets built) but i would prefer to replace the badge since it is available. The Bronco (horse) badge is a Ford part? Would you be willing to share the cost? From where did you order the “Bronco” script badges? (Cost?). I assume the badges are all 3M adhesive backed.

Last edited:

CO-Bronco

Badlands
First Name
CO-Bronco
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 - 4dr - Cyber Orange - Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I used the Plasti Dip brand, but there are plenty of videos comparing competitive products. All seem to be the same concept.
Pro tip - Spray Plasti-Dip's "Glossifier" over it to give it a dull shine, but more importantly to protect it for a few additional years.

Ford Bronco Black Plasti-Dip on rear Bronco emblem 1631737685535

That is unless you want pure matte finish, then it looks great as it is.
I plan on doing the same, and expect to have to redo it once every ~4yrs

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice! I was considering plastidip (or overlay badging like I did on my wife’s 4Runner) for my Badlands (if it ever gets built) but i would prefer to replace the badge since it is available. The Bronco (horse) badge is a Ford part? Would you be willing to share the cost? From where did you order the “Bronco” script badges? (Cost?). I assume the badges are all 3M adhesive backed.
The horse came from Jim Tidwell Ford, or at least I know they had some in stock the other day $45-$50 can't quite remember. The emblems probably came from Bronco Depot and they are $85 plus five for shipping. Yes they are adhesive backed.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I knew I wanted a black Bronco emblem the minute I saw one in a photo, but the Badlands trim comes with chrome. It was just about the only chrome on the whole vehicle (short of within the Ford emblem) and I wasn't a fan.

Watched a few YouTube videos and learned it's super easy and low-risk as it just peels off if you don't like it. I'm pretty thrilled with how it turned out, and I can attest to how easy it was. I have no experience doing anything like this before, so there is zero reason you can't Plasti Dip (or Hyper Dip, or any number of competitive products) your emblem in any color.

End Result:

One before, and a few from the process:

Is it just me or is the paint on your one back door hinge startting to bubble or oxidize

Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The horse came from Jim Tidwell Ford, or at least I know they had some in stock the other day $45-$50 can't quite remember. The emblems probably came from Bronco Depot and they are $85 plus five for shipping. Yes they are adhesive backed.
Holy crap that’s a lot more than $5 for a can of paint that you can remove if you ever want to.

OP
OP
bwomp91

bwomp91

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it just me or is the paint on your one back door hinge startting to bubble or oxidize
Curious which picture has you thinking that. Everything looks all clear in person.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Curious which picture has you thinking that. Everything looks all clear in person.
Second picture top hinge on the right corner area could be the lighting of the pic or reflection of something in the paint

Webbie44

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep 2dr Rubicon, 2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you! (I’m in southern Illinois, have a long time friend from Bourbonnais)

Last edited:

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I knew I wanted a black Bronco emblem the minute I saw one in a photo, but the Badlands trim comes with chrome. It was just about the only chrome on the whole vehicle (short of within the Ford emblem) and I wasn't a fan.

Watched a few YouTube videos and learned it's super easy and low-risk as it just peels off if you don't like it. I'm pretty thrilled with how it turned out, and I can attest to how easy it was. I have no experience doing anything like this before, so there is zero reason you can't Plasti Dip (or Hyper Dip, or any number of competitive products) your emblem in any color.

End Result:

One before, and a few from the process:

So it just peels off without hurting the paint?

Herbie

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Holy crap that’s a lot more than $5 for a can of paint that you can remove if you ever want to.
Free to be you and me, that's what is so great about this big wide World. Not a F%$#ING chance I am even walking by this new vehicle with a can of spray paint, let alone aim a can at it and spray. Besides, I'm rich so now worries there :ROFLMAO: .

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope! Plasti Dip is pretty incredible, it peels itself right off, but isn't sprayed on thick enough to cover the gap between body paint and emblem so there's a natural break there. I used a wooden toothpick in some of the tighter spaces to help separate it from the paint, but didn't have any issues with the overspray peel-off damaging the emblem coating. Shocked at how great and simple it was.
It sounds like it's possible to plasti-dip your whole truck, it you wanted to.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Free to be you and me, that's what is so great about this big wide World. Not a F%$#ING chance I am even walking by this new vehicle with a can of spray paint, let alone aim a can at it and spray. Besides, I'm rich so now worries there :ROFLMAO: .
It’s not spray paint. It’s just in a spray can. It peels off incredibly easy, as shown in OPs pictures where he oversprayed onto the vehicle. As soon as it dries you can just pull it off like a sticker.

It’s kind of like a spray on vinyl wrap. Truly magical stuff.

But I get just dropping money to have someone else handle it. I’d argue that removing badges to replace them is more risky than this process though. I’ve definitely seen people scuff paint in the process.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It sounds like it's possible to plasti-dip your whole truck, it you wanted to.
That used to be a thing! Before vinyl wrapping cars was more common, there were definitely some people plastidipping vehicles!
Sponsored